Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Gorin shrugs off the sense of fear as he feels something growing from the wound; instead he charges his spear through the plant's main stalk.

Leah, trying to avoid friendly fire on her engaged allies, barely hits a stem on the side; her arrow had failed to penetrate.

Goodberry hits and drains some health for friendlies as the flowers near his fist shrivels up.

BB2 flails its branches, and all the surrounding plants seem to come to life. Every stalk and branch reaches out to wrap themselves around any and all non-plant objects in the vicinity, including Gorin and Goodberry's legs...

( Reflex save from Gorin and Goodberry ; anyone entering spaces marked 'entangle' will need to make a Reflex save as the trashing plants try to grab onto them )

BB3 fires a seed volley at the two in front:
-- 3 shots vs Goodberry: miss, hit(3 piercing), hit(3 piercing)
-- 3 shots vs Gorin: miss, miss, miss

BB1 is seriously 'injured' and looks to be in bad shape now.

( next up: Koko, Ahz )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:12 pm

Ahz draws his machete with his free hand and prepares to defend himself should the entangling plants come closer.

(Move Action: Draw weapon)
(Standard Action: Total Defense (+4 Dodge to AC))
(Yeah, I know total defense provides no benefit to REF saves, but I'm trying to conserve resources and the staff is on cooldown.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 am

Reflex Save: 1d20+3 = nat 1 (4 total). Am I entangled by the creature, or some form of SLA/SU ability? If the creature, does that allow me to auto succeed melee touch attacks since it's entangling me and therefore touching me?
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:29 pm

(Reflex: 1d20+10= 19).
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:43 pm

Koko's shot just barely misses

Goodberry is entangled by the plants grabbing onto his leg (1 damage); Gorin manages to kick the plants on his side away

BB1 flails at Goodberry with its vines and strikes him on the shoulder (3 damage)
BB2 unleashes a full volley of seeds at Gorin (miss, hit, hit, hit, miss, miss) for (4 damage; 4 damage; 3 damage; 3 Will saves from Gorin needed [vsDisease/vsFear])
BB3 fires another volley at Koko (miss, miss, hit, miss, hit, hit) for (3 damage; 3 damage; 3 damage; 3 Will saves from Koko needed [vsDisease/vsFear])

( everyone is up -- 3 Will saves needed from Gorin and Koko each [may affect your action so feel free to msg me about it first] )

(Edit: you can attempt a standard action to remove the sprouting seeds from within you)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:58 pm

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:11 pm

Ahz moves closer and launches another force bolt at BB1.

(Damage: 1d4+4 = 8 force damage)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:24 pm

(Will Save: 1d20+9= 23
Will Save: 1d20+9= 25
Will Save: 1d20+9= 18)

Those seeds are tearing me apart! Gorin sends over the party link. Seconds later, he let forth a terrifying growl, as his muscles tightened and a pair of deadly claws grew from his hands.

(free action to Shift, full attack vs. BB1
1d20+7= 26; 1d4+4= 8 [slashing]
1d20+7= 15; 1d4+4= 7 [slashing]

HP: 17/31

Reflex: 1d20+10= 18)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:11 pm

"[flat/monotone]I believe the thing to say is '[over the top/angry]Avenge her, Gorin! Go on without me!' " Goodberry says aloud touching him on the back/shoulder to transfer wounds to himself as one of his leaves wilts and falls off.

Swift action:
Move action: struggle against the vines (to ham up my dialog more)
Standard action: on Gorin.

Transfer Wounds: 2d6+4 = 9, using to redistribute 2 points to Koko (Gorin has veto power if he wants)

Final result:
Gorin healed 7 (24/31)
Koko healed 2 (24/31)

Goodberry takes 5 nonlethal (20/30, 5 nonlethal)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:03 am

"No! Koko!" Adoett totally buys the act (Sense Motive 1d20+3=12) and just moves closer, since plants both moving and stationary block his path to the plants.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:35 pm

[Sense Motive: 1d20+9 = 11]

Leah sees the young Shapeshifter go down, badly wounded, but judging that there's not much she can do to help, she instead focuses on killing the plants. The earlier the plants are down, the earlier they can focus on recovering, and the less damage they take anyway.

Leah takes another step forward [Move E3 to F4] and changes her focus from one plant to the next [Studied Target on BB3] before nocking and releasing another arrow.

[Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 = 13 Damage: 1d8 + 1 = 8]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:42 pm

Gorin's first claw shears off several branches; his second swipe however simply made the plant bend and absorb the blow.

Leah's arrow bounces off another thick branch.

Koko falls prone and her act -- while painfully obvious to some -- has Adoette and Gorin convinced that the changeling girl just fell unconscious (or worse, died!). She however fails to remove the burying seeds, even with the healer kit's help.

Ahz's force bolt smacks the bush about, leaving it battered and just hanging onto life.

BB1 lashes out at Gorin with its tendrils; smacking him in the chest (6 damage)
BB2 fires another volley at Adoette (all missed)
BB3 fires a volley at Ahz (hit, miss x 5): 3 pierce damage; Will save (vsFear vsDisease)

Goodberry takes 1 point of damage as the briars twist and squeeze about his legs.

( everyone up again )
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:19 am

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:36 am

Leah takes another step forward [F2 to G2] and fires another arrow.

[Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 = 9. Damage = Yeah, right.]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Return to “Game Threads”