Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2

Postby Kadi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:14 pm

[Honestly, with her currently planned power selection I doubt 1PP Cognizance Crystals will help Leah much. Wild Surging from them should be impossible and Surge Blasts are better than 1PP attack powers. I suppose I could use it for an emergency defensive power, but then I'd rather have more healing always or so from somebody else.]

"Ooo, nasty," Leah coos when Ahz takes out the vials and readies her bow.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:39 pm

( everyone round out your preparations; post your Initiative and first action )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:03 pm

"I have on more repair left for the day," Ahz says in response to Goodberry's question.

(Initiative: 1d20+3 = 13)
(Carefully place defoliant in adjacent square (as in placing it on the ground - not dropping it), use Servitor to summon a and have it start throwing the defoliant, targeting 7, then 6, then 4, then 5. One defoliant to each plant. Aether elemental can throw objects 480' as a ranged attack.)
(Attack [Telekinetic Throw]: 1d20+5 = 17)
(Damage [Telekinetic Throw]: 1d8+2 = 3)
(Damage [Defoliant]: 1d6 = 3 damage)
(Plant 7 has to make a DC 20 Fortitude save or suffer 1 point of STR and CON damage. Plant 6 takes 1 damage from splash.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:44 pm

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:07 pm

Leah goes through her usual motions again. Get a free field of fire, focus all her senses on her target and shoot.

[Studied Target on BB5]
[Initiative: 1d20+7 = 11]
[Attack BB5: 1d20 + 7 + 1 = 25. Damage: 1d8 + 1 = 7]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:46 am

(Initiative: 1d20+4= 21)

Having had his fill of combat with the plants, Gorin keeps his spear ready, and his eyes open for any further ambushes.

(Active Perception: 1d20+11= 26)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:39 am

(1PP cog crystals are actually potentially useful for Adoett if the other psionic folks don't want them...lots of good 1PP buffs in psychic warrior.)

(Init: 1d20=4)

Adoett likewise keeps watch for other threats.

(Active Perception: 1d20+10=24)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 pm

(It seemed greedy of me to take both of them :P All yours then Dave)

Goodberry looks a little horrified at the suggestion of using the Defoliant. "While it would be effective against our target, I can't allow us to destroy the innocent plants here. Not to mention what it would do to the soil for the next year or so. Maybe if were were able to be more precise in deploying it, but to be honest us even having the stuff causes my branches to shake a little."

Initiative: 1d20+2 = 5

First round: Charge BB5 (ending in V5) and touch with

attack: 1d20+4+2 = 22 8 untyped damage, 7 healing (to be distributed when actions resolve based on enemy actions before my 5 init.

While charging he calls out "Oh I hope none of these inanimate plants shoot at me while I run down this path!"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:27 am

Gorin and Adoett spots shrubbery, and plants; just plants, no bushy surprises.

Ahz's aether elemental tosses a defoliant vial that hits dead on, causing a chunk of the plant to simply die. However the plant seems to have resisted its worst effects. Its splash also killed a lot of the nearby shrubbery that was concealing the small bush, and even a slab of the tree's bark began to peel off.

Leah hits her mark and sends an arrow straight through the main stalk.

Koko is doing target practice and... not particularly well at it.

Goodberry charges in and causes several flowers to shrivel up as he drains the life out of them.

The bloody-crimson flowers turn to face Goodberry, finally realizing that they're under attack.

( Gorin > Ahz > Leah, go again. )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:37 am

"I thought the plan was to hit them from range?" Gorin asked gruffly, as he watched Goodberry charge towards the plants.

(Maintaining Active Perception: 1d20+11= 23)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:51 am

"The cover blocking one of them is gone, no more defoliant for now," Ahz clarifies, not wanting to throw defoliant near the plant-based warforged, ordering the elemental to fly up and start attacking BB4.
(Attack [charge]: 1d20+6 = 10)
(Damage: 1d4+1 = 2 bludgeoning damage)

Seeing Koko's difficulty, Ahz moves down and enhances her sling with his magic.
(Legacy Weapon to make it a +1 Sling for 1 minute)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:58 pm

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:38 pm

With her target engaged in melee, again, Leah switches targets to something free, again.

[Studied Target BB6. If dead BB7]
[Attack BB6/7: 1d20 +7+1 = 20. Damage: 1d8 +1 = 5]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Gorin still see no surprises.

The elemental slaps BB4's branches around to... no great effect.

Kadi nails BB6 with another arrow.

BB4 turns its flowers and opens a volley of seed darts at the Aether Elemental (1hit: 4 damage)
BB5 does the same towards Goodberry (1hit: 4 damage)
BB6 does the same towards Goodberry (2hits, 1crit: 4 damage, 3 damage, 8 damage)
BB7 does the same towards Goodberry (1hit: 3 damage)

Koko hit this time, even if her meager strength meant the rock merely broke off a few leaves.

( next: Goodberry > Adoett > Gorin > Ahz > Leah )
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:30 pm

With her arm finally warming up, Leah keeps shooting her target.

[Attack BB6: 1d20 +7+1 = 19 Damage: 1d8 +1 = 7]

Return to “Game Threads”