Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:10 pm

Gorin kills BB2, which cause the weeds that has been Entangling him to return to normal. He then steps over and cleaves a good chunk off BB3

Goodberry pulls the bloody-crimson seed and its sprouting tendrils, already as long as his hands, out from Gorin's stomach.

Koko hides.

( Leah > Adoett > Ahz remaining )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:17 pm

Ahz casts on himself, seeking to avoid another ambush by plants.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kadi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:29 pm

Seeing that she has no line of fire to the remaining plant, Leah moves forward as she stows away her bow and draws her rapier (Double move or so).
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:16 am

Adoett continues hacking away. The entangle effect seems to have gone away with BB2, making his life much easier.

(HP: 17/31)

(Attack 1: 1d20+10=25, 1d6+4=6 slashing damage)
(Attack 2: 1d10+10=22, 1d6+4=9 slashing damage)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:34 am

And Adoett rips BB3 to shreds.

( end battle )
( Goodberry: make a herbology check )

As you clean up the plants, you find the remains of three people underneath. Their body had decomposed to little more than skeletons, as the roots of the blood bushes had drained them empty. But among the foliage, you do find the remnants of their equipment:

Mwk Longspear (broken) -- 1 time period to repair
Mwk Shortbow (broken) -- 1 time period to repair
Mwk Breastplate (broken) -- 3 time periods to repair
Mwk Chain Shirt (broken) -- 2 time period to repair
(Aquan, Auran, Ignan, Terran)
Handy Haversack
2 Cognizance Crystals (1PP)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:04 am

Gorin ceases shifting and immediately casts Cure Moderate Wounds on himself.

(CMW: 2d8+4= 19 healed
HP: 27/27)

"We should hit them from range next time. Those damned seeds have limited range." Gorin said, collecting his spear.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Ahz's eyes light up at what might as well be the One Ring To Rule Them All

(Anyone protest if I take that? It'll let me summon elementals and actually be able to give them orders.)

(Loot list updated, minus that ring)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:44 pm

Goodberry redirects 9 of Gorin's healing (the overhealing) to Adoett, bringing him to 26/31.

Herbology: 1d20+11 = 12(nat 1)

Known HPs:
Gorin is full (27/27) with 1 Con Damage
Goodberry is down 2 (28/30)
Adoett is 26/31
Ahz has some minor wounds (max-3 hp IIRC)
Koko: 24/31 at last tally
Leah: unknown

Heal checks to remove any remaining seeds: take 10 for 21

Goodberry then uses transfer wounds to heal Ahz, Adoett, and Koko.
2d6+4 = 9 healing. Ahz gets 3, Adoett get's 5 and Koko get's 1. Goodberry takes 5 nonlethal.

then burns 2 PP form his Cog to manifest Natural Healing improved to 6 HP healing on Koko, redirecting 1 point of that healing to Goodberry.

post healing HPs:
Gorin is full (27/27) with 1 Con Damage
Goodberry is down 1 (29/30) with 4 Nonlethal
Adoett is full 31/31
Ahz is full (??/??)
Koko: 30/31 at last tally
Leah: unknown, assumed full as I don't think she was attacked.

Goodberry requests one of the Cognizance Crystals. (Dai, are they charged or empty?)

(GM EDIT: Cog crystals both charged )
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Seeing as she stayed out of range, Leah didn't take any hits this battle, so she just waves Goodberry off with a smile when he looks over to her to see if she needed assistance, too.

A cursory check over her equipment later, she goes over to Koko to give the girl some encouraging words. Not everyone was used to combat and this one had certainly taken a toll on her.

[Leah doesn't claim any of the loot, nor does she particularly need it.]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 pm

After everyone finishes cleaning up, you move on to continue sweeping the garden. Now that you know exactly what they're looking for, it'll be much easier to spot these bloody plants.
( advantage on Perception checks / +5 Passive Perception to notice them )

It didn't take them long before they spotted the next group: partially concealed around the upper level's main footpath intersection was four more of these bushes, their blood-red flowers half hidden among the foliage. If these plants have noticed the party, they show no sign of it.

( map updated )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:29 pm

"I vote we shoot them from here." Gorin whispered gruffly.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:32 pm

"Likewise," Ahz whispers back.

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:18 pm

"If their range really is limited, that sounds like a good idea," Leah chimes in. "Anybody have a good idea for an extra surprise or do we just go at it?"

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:07 pm

"I have a bit of a surprise in mind for the plants," Ahz says, hefting one of the defoliant vials.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:04 pm

*OOC I suggest Kadi claim the other Cognizance Crystal for when her rebuild takes effect*

"Lord Ahz, how many more Repairs do you have? I suggest we utilize my immunity to their seeds to draw their fire. When they are out of seeds, then the rest of you can engage."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Return to “Game Threads”