Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens

Postby Kadi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:01 pm

[Init: 1d20+4 = 22]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:34 pm

"Ah! My Roots!"

Reflex save: 15+3 = 18
Init: 17 + 2 = 19
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:45 am

[Assuming everyone gets free... is there a reason not to retreat a few steps and auto-resolve? So...]

"Get back!" Leah shouts as she notices the grasping roots shoot up in front of her, trying to grab her but falling short no matter how they flail.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:19 am

Gorin reacts to the sudden vines with surprising alacrity.

(Initiative: 1d20+4= 17
Reflex: 1d20+10= 28)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:11 pm

(awwww everyone rolled so high...)

BB12 opens a volley on Goodberry, who takes 4 hits (3 + 4 + 4 + 4 damage)

Goodberry, Adoett, and Gorin all manages to tear their legs away from the grappling vines before the shrubbery could take hold. Furthermore, all of them reacted fast enough that they managed to back away and out of range before the plants could fire a follow up salvo of seeds after their surprise attack.

(;_; )

Afterwards, the party simply takes their time using the plants as targeting practice...

( I figured that since we already set the modus operandi and everyone evaded the danger, we might as well just autoresolve it. )

Beneath one of the plants you find the tattered remains of another victim's clothing -- high quality wardrobe too -- as well as the following:
* Moneybag with 120gps and a House Kundarak Letter of Credit
* Ring of Sustenance

( 2 more Profession[herbalist] checks from Goodberry to extract seeds )
( what's everyone else want to do before moving on? )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:18 pm

Koko Cowers behind the door, shield, until far enough back. "You know, I'm starting to understand why some people like wide open spaces. Normally though I'm not such a fan." She offers a grin to the others as she whips sling stones from a safe distance, not that she's gotten appreciably better, but hey, rocks are cheap.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:39 pm

"Well, normally my relatives aren't so motivated." Goodberry says after backing safely away. "This grove is a bit of a bunch of bad seeds though."

Profession [Herbalist] checks:
13+11 = 24
10+11 = 21
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:33 pm

"I rather like the gardens, though. Without the infestation, of course. I made interesting memories here." Leah adds.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:00 am

Gorin keeps watch on the surrounding area while the rest of the party scavenges.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Goodberry extracts a total of 54 seeds from the two Blood Bush plants.

Afterwards, the group scoured the level. They found only one more plant, which they easily dispatched with ease.

Gorin, Adoett, and Ahz notices (Survival) that this last plant was placed in a particularly dark alcove of the 2nd level, which you could not have seen if you didn't have Darkvision (or in this case, Adoett's eye beams). Yet at the same time, it was just situated at a spot where there was a gap in the bushes, giving it had a perfect shot at anyone coming down the 2nd's level main walkway. Thinking back to his great war days, Gorin was sure he couldn't have picked a better ambush position here if he tried.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:56 am

"Oooh, that could have been a nasty one," Leah coos. "Are we sure these weeds can't move and think? That position is almost too good to be random." A questioning look at Goodberry, resident mobile greenery expert (though decidedly no weed). "If somebody planted it there, or if there is a gardener plant walking around..."

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:17 pm

"Hmmm. My instincts tell me someone set this up. They wanted to poison the garden, or they wanted to poison someone in particular. Maybe both." He added, gruffly.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:58 am

"Do we know anything about who the gnomes think brought in the seeds?" Ahz muses aloud.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:43 pm

( From what you remember, they have no idea. All they know is that 'some idiot' brought back a dangerous plant )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:04 pm

"It seems the person who did this is not the idiot that our employers believe them to be."
(|)
(|)

Return to “Game Threads”