Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens

Postby Zanaikin » Mon May 02, 2016 2:25 pm

The aide gathers what information the group has available on the positioning of the plant, before commenting:

"I'll have to report to Alhaura about this and consider some measure of security in the Gardens. I can't think of anyone in Stormreach who would be interested in sabotaging the gardens off-hand -- though there are certainly plenty of drow in the forest that wants us out of here. Nevertheless, I thank you for this information; if we need any follow ups to this, I'll contact you," he smiles and shakes everyones' hands before departing.

Experience:
13,800 / 6 = 2300 each for encounters
1,000 each for completing the mission without any damage to the gardens
300 for noticing that the incident may have been deliberate sabotage
= 3,600 each

Party goes up to 5th level

Everyone gains +15 attitude with Alhaura (representing House Jorasco in Stormreach)
Goodberry gains an extra +5 attitude with Alhaura

(Per poll results, everyone receives two days of rest, plus the remainder of the current day. Everyone please post your actions for February 7th [night and late night only], 8th, and 9th)
(On 10th we'll begin the 3rd mission of the vote: Sword Hunt)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon May 02, 2016 5:45 pm

(THIS POST IS FOR MISSION PAY ONLY)

(Pay Split, 6 Ways: 563.33 GP to each participant, 0 GP to company)
(Pay Split, 7 ways with 1/2 share for company: 523.08 to each participant, 241.42 GP to company)
(Pay Split, 7 Ways: 482.85 GP to each participant and the company)

(Any preference as to split method? I'm in favor of 7 ways with the company getting 1/2 share)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon May 02, 2016 6:49 pm

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kadi » Tue May 03, 2016 1:08 pm

[@Mr_Praetorian, would you mind Gorin introducing Leah to Giant... chief? Gaulronak on the 8th in the morning? The characters are friendly and I'd like the advantage. If you do mind... I'll think of something else.]

[@Skychan, does Koko want to join Leah for getting gear on the 8th? Girls' afternoon out again.]

[None of the items strike me as particularly useful for Leah. Just cash me out or something. Pay-split-wise... 7-way with the company getting half sounds good.]

Saturday, 7th:

Night - Shopping with Koko? I'm considering ordering a Glamerwave Dress, so if anything I can use the slot to Improve Relationship with the tailor, if there is an appropriate one. Diplo: 1d20 + 10 Skill + 5 Settlement = 22. If not, whatevs.
Late Night - Leah practices her ectoplasm shaping, finally getting the knack to making constructs out of it => Level-up.

Sunday, 8th:

Morning: [If Mr_Praetorian agrees] Introduced by Gorin, Leah finally has access to Gaulronak, Giant representative in the city. [Improve Relationship: 1d20 + 12 Skill + 5 Settelement = 29. If the introduction counts as advantage: 25. Oh, well.]
Afternoon: SHOPPING. For gear. To be decided. Maybe Koko joins?
Night/Late Night: Party (and afterparty?) at Rusila ir'Clarn's. The Nat20 Bonus, you remember.
[Knowledge (Nobility) for etiquette: 1d20 + 2 Skill = 11 for etiquette]
[Diplo for Influence: 1d20 + 12 Skill + 12 Settlement = 24]
[Diplo for Attitude: Take20 since we're friendly and it takes no time + 12 Skill + 5 Settlement = 37. Disadvantage? Take20 => 37.]
[Perform (Dance) for entertaining: 1d20 + 8 Skill = 21]

Monday, 9th:

Morning: Like last week, Leah uses the morning to drop by the House Ghallandar Chapterhouse, find Matron Sorala and chat about gossip, business and, of course, discretion. [Improve Relationship Sorala: 1d20 + 12 Skill + 5 Settlement = 27]
Afternoon: After leaving the Chapterhouse behind, Leah makes her way to the harbor and chats up Aida at the Wavecrest, again, before the evening rush hits. While at it, Leah helps out a bit. [Improve Relationship Aida: 1d20 + 12 Skill + 5 Settlement = ... 27]
Night/Late Night: Generate Influence via Perform(Dance): 1d20 + 8 Skill + 12 Settlement = 24
Last edited by Kadi on Wed May 04, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Goodberry suggests that the loot be split with each participant getting a 500gp paycheck, and the rest (380gp) going to the company (somewhere between the half and full share to the company, with everyone getting a nice even paycheck)

He also requests one or both of the Cognizance crystals if no one else wants them.

His final suggestion is that the Bandages of Rapid Recovery go into Company Goods, which he can track as company medic.

"Whoever takes the Flasks of Defoliant, please keep them away from my gardens," Goodberry says obviously a apprehensive of them.

(Actions will happen after levelup sometime this week)

Next mission should probably have a larger share going to the company to help build up a cash reserve in case there are unforseen expenses (i.e. resurrection) Our next paycheck should be relatively large, so a little less personal cash won't be missed as much.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 03, 2016 7:11 pm

( Editted )

Note that February 8th marks the begin of a new week. Any relationship improvements you've done the previous week may be attempted again.

( reminder that Lysette is still away and unavailable )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Tue May 03, 2016 8:32 pm

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Wed May 04, 2016 7:01 am

Sunday afternoon

When Koko suggests to play the big brother this time around, Leah agrees but she is inwardly shaken and tries to keep it hidden [Bluff: 1d20 + 10 Skill +2 if Koko finds Leah attractive = 12/14]. Leaving the "older" aside (Leah may look 16, but is 100 years older than Koko), Leah's experiences with male family back in Aundair... make her not miss them very much. Still, not willing to open up about her background just yet, Leah agreed and resolved herself to try and make the best of the afternoon anyway.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Sajuuk

Re: Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9, 1000YK)

Postby Sajuuk » Thu May 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Re: Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:36 pm

Saturday:

Night - Goodberry hangs around the garden and tries talking to some of the aids around the grounds about various gardening ideas and techniques (mostly soliciting advice and trying to build a positive rapport)
Improve Relationship: 11+5+5(society) = 21 diplomacy

Late Night - Goodberry continues work on his latest basket
Craft Basketry: 2 + 7 = 9
While Goodberry is sitting in his garden crafting, he has another one of his trances. He is the tree again, but this time it comes with an even stranger sense of unity. Like he is talking with all the other trees in the grove. While he can't see anyone nearby, he knows that there are 2 tribes of humanoids nearby, and that a flock of birds has nested about a quarter mile to the east. Then the feeling starts to weigh heavily on him, and the information stops. It's as though something is expecting him to speak. Looking around himself he can't find anything of note and without a mouth he can't say anything even if he wanted to. As the sense of attention grows more and more oppressive, he screams in his mind "There is nothing here. What do you want? I see nothing to report!" This does nothing to alleviate the feeling, but after another 30 seconds or so of shouting, something clicks in his mind, like starting another grove, and he cautiously says "Who is there? I see nothing happening to cause this." At the word 'nothing', the sense of wrapped attention instantly vanishes, and the news of the rest of the forest starts to flood in again as the trance ends and he returns to sitting in the garden.

Sunday:

Morning - tries to tag along with Gorin and Leah to see the Giants, and offers medical aid in exchange for plants and basket materials
Heal: 5 + 12 = 17 (intended as sort of a mix of gather information, improve relationship, and shopping. Not expecting mechanical effect)
Diplomacy: best(4,3)+5+5(society) = 14

Afternoon - Goodberry makes his way back to the gardens and asks to see the list of plants they have there again, and begins looking for a plant that might be a suitable Injury poision that affects mental abilities (Read: Injury poison that deals Int || Wis || Cha damage)
Gather Information: 14+5+3(Lore) = 22

Night - Goodberry goes to the hospital for another evening of work
Influence pt 1

Late Night - Goodberry continues work on his basket
2 + 7 = 9
While working, he is still troubled by his previous vision, and calls Gorin and Ahz and explains his vision, and asks them to join him while he trys to manifest a new power he thinks he discovered. On their agreement, he casts and notes the strange effects and information feedback. He thanks them for their help, but is still too distracted by the extra information to work well on his basket.

Monday:

Morning - Continues shift at hospital
Influence pt 2 1d20 +12(sheet)+12(economy) =18+24 =42. 78/150 Influence

Afternoon - Goodberry goes to gather the clippings from the gardens for the poisons Koko wanted
Gardening: 2 + 9 = 11
Herbalist: 19 + 12 = 31

Night - Goodberry goes to see Koko to tell her what he found this afternoon and ask if she is interested in him bringing back some clippings. Fortunately Koko alreayd wants to chat with Goodberry and her efforts to explain the Humanoid Form are well received (Attitude improved +10)

Late Night - More basketry
11+7 = 18
Last edited by Squall255 on Sun May 08, 2016 7:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun May 08, 2016 8:51 pm

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue May 10, 2016 5:12 am

(Gorin is happy to facilitate introductions to the Giant Chief).

(Also, Gadget mysteriously disappears the next night).

(Also, I agree with Marty on how to split the monies).

Night: Gorin spends the evening in the 'Tents. While he's there, he asks around if anyone is familiar with the plants he encountered in the gardens. Afterwards, he drinks, a lot.
(Diplomacy to Gather Info: 1d20-1= 17)

Early Morning: Gorin burns off his hangover by hunting more birds of colorful plumage in the nearby jungles.
(1d20+16= 23)

Late Morning: Gorin makes introductions to the Giant Chief.
(Diplomacy to "Make a Good Impression": 1d20-1(+5 society)= 19)

Afternoon/Evening:
Gorin offers his knowledge of the druidic healing arts to the Giants and other denizens of the Tents of Rusheme. Afterwards, he wanders home and falls asleep in the garden.
(Heal: 1d20+13(+2 circumstance) +12(econ)= 45)

Morning:
Gorin seeks out Harysh in Southwatch, eager to hear her story and learn what brought her so far from home.
(Diplomacy to Influence: 1d20-1(+5 soc)= 22)

Afternoon/Evening:
Gorin gets his healing on again at the 'Tents.
(Heal: 1d20+12 (+2 circumstance) +12(econ)= 38)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Fri May 13, 2016 3:25 am, edited 6 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

DOWNTIME ACTION RESULTS, PART I - Leah & Koko

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Leah
Feb 7th
Night: Leah had trouble just finding -- and then persuading them to make her a Glamerweave Dress. Not surprisingly, only a few tailors within Stormreach are capable of such superior products, the best of whom was a costume designer working for Panlamin Felwrought, the owner of Object Desire in the Temple District. After some sweet, persuasive words, Leah just barely managed to get on the illusionist's good side. Panlamin agreed to measure Leah and put her glamerweave dress on order -- although given how busy they are lately, it'll take a week to get it done.
( Leah gains +6 attitude with Panlamin Felwrought )

Late Night: level up

Feb 8th
Morning: the leader of the Giants (Tents of Rushemé just outside the city) proves to be a very composed individual who seems to have a lifetime of experience reading others' every mannerism -- Leah is pretty certain he'd even be a match for top diplomats, and from what she can tell none of her usual sweet talking tactics had any effect.
( No attitude improvement -- yes seriously, the DC is high )

Afternoon: shopping

Night/Late Night: Leah attends the dinner party at Rusila's, her first soiree among the upper crust of the frontier city. She found herself mingling among some of the most successful businessmen in Stormreach -- investors/bankers from Silverwall, Tharashk and Riedran mining bosses, lawyers from House Sivis... even Lord Katanavash of the Riedran Consulate was present. Everyone came dressed in their finest -- glamerweave, woven with illusions and decked in jewels that made Leah feel decidedly poor by comparison.

Rusila was a gracious host, and the four course meal was exquisite -- cooking that would put even Adoett's work to shame (though not by much). Leah, however, had some trouble following the high society procedures (too low Knowledge[nobility]); she had trouble with how to address the important figures, and of course, there was always that confusing mix of utensils and proper eating postures (disadvantage to attitude roll). Thankfully, Leah was a charming conversationalist to the guests and a good dancer in the festivities that followed, so Rusila was still joyed to have Leah here rather than seeing her as an embarrassment.
( Leah gains +12 attitude with Rusila ir'Clarn )
( receives an extra +10 to the Influence check, for 34 + 90 = 124/150 of an Influence point )

Rusila invites Leah back for the party next sunday as well.

Feb 9th:
Morning: Matron Sorala appreciates Leah coming to help again.
( Leah gains +7 attitude with Sorala d'Ghallandar )

Afternoon: Aida thanks Leah for helping her prepare for the busy hours and for lending a ear for her thoughts. It's nice to be the one talking every so while instead of always being the listener.
( Leah gains +9 attitude with Aida... relationship improves to Friendly )

Night + Late: earning Influence. 24 + 124 = 148/150 of an Influence point (so close!)

Koko
Feb 7th:
Night: Shopping
Late Night: Writing home

Feb 8th:
Morning: Koko discovers that the dead adventurer(?) they found was indeed a male, middle-aged dwarf from the Lhazaar Principalities, who came here to do start up a new business -- something shady and connected to the crime syndicates within the city, perhaps smuggling. He apparently lives in Locksmith somewhere.

Afternoon: Shopping again

Night + Late: earning Influence (add +12 for settlement income bonus). Koko gets 15+12 = 27 + 90[lasttime] = 117/150 of an Influence point

Feb 9th:
Morning + Afternoon: Koko manages to slowly track down the exact location of the adventurer's home (a small flat) in Locksmith Square, at the edge of Silverwall District.

Late Night: Disguised as a dwarf, Koko sneaks to the dead adventurer's home in Silverwall unnoticed and attempts to pick the lock open to gain access, but to no luck. After a minute of trying, she decides to leave before any passerbys might get suspicious -- although in hindsight it was probably more paranoia than anything else; apart from a few districts, Stormreach is a city know for its crime rate after all, with most guards more interested in looking for a bribe than carrying out legal enforcement.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

DOWNTIME ACTION RESULTS, PART II - Goodberry & Ahz

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Goodberry
Feb 7th:
Night: it turns out Alhaura d'Jorasco herself dropped by with a few of her aids to examine the gardens. She seems to have interpreted Goodberry's presence there as a matter of professionalism -- double-checking to make sure the job left no loose ends, which she approves of. She also show Goodberry how the plants in the gardens are arranged so their growth don't impede one another.
( Goodberry gains +7 attitude with Alhaura d'Jorasco )

Late Night: Goodberry isn't relaxed enough and keeps messing up the basket.

Feb 8th:
Morning: Goodberry finds himself having much in common with the giants in terms of views towards the natural harmony of the world (Goodberry begins with +20 attitude with the Giants instead of the normal). That being said, Gaulronak seems to read Goodberry's attempt to curry influence like an open book
( improved attitude fail but no attitude loss )

Afternoon: Goodberry finds the plant, which seems a pretty and harmless flower, but when processed into an extract, it makes for a potent .
( Given its low base DC, you'd have to use the poison concentration rules to make it worthwhile )
( the only alternative mental poison he found was the , but that has to be ingested to take any affect )

Night: chatting with Koko

Late Night: hospital work for Influence

Feb 9th:
Morning: finishes hospital shift, currently at 78/150 influence

Afternoon: Goodberry successfully gathers poisonous plants from the Gardens (you still need Craft[alchemy] or find someone to refine them into poisonous extracts though). Of course, the striped toadstools could be used much simpler -- it doesn't look that different from a regular mushroom, especially when diced and put into someone's food. Of course, to make it into liquid form so it's easier to put into someone's drinks would still require alchemy.

Night: Goodberry screws up another basket

Late Night: finally some progress on a basket; not a particularly good one, but at least not ruined on start.

Ahz
Feb 7th:
Night: magical crafting

Late Night: sleeping

Feb 8th:
Morning + Afternoon: skilled influence 49 + 12 = 61/100 influence

Night: Not surprisingly given the man is a darn workaholic, Ahz finds Kurn d'Velderan at the office even though it's a sunday night. However his hospitality proves impeccable as he invites Ahz out for a... modest dinner (nothing too fancy though; he's still a cheapskate). During the meal he tells Ahz that Shurya departed from town just a few days ago to investigate the lost shipment; he hasn't heard back anything yet. He ordered that she check in twice a week, so she is slightly overdue... but then Shurya has a habit of not always keeping in contact so he's too concerned, at least not yet. Nevertheless, he appreciates the concern.
( Ahz gains +10 attitude with Kurn; relationship changes to Friendly )

Late Night: nope... Ahz does not arrive at any revelation or insight about Goodberry's vision. Ahz is still caught up (or bothered by) the fact Warforged can dream.

Feb 9th
Morning + Afternoon: preparations...

Night: Eldamir was reluctant but, for the benefit of imparting knowledge upon other true knowledge seekers, admits Ahz into his home. Nevertheless, he was glad that Ahz at least seemed serious in his pursuit of knowledge and isn't just using it as 'convenience' for a onetime occassion.
( Ahz gains +8 attitude with Eldamir; attitude Improves to Neutral )

Late Night: Ahz reads up that the Swords of Libery is a group formed during the last war:

The Swords were founded upon the belief of freedom from the oppression of monarchism. They blame monarchism and the traditional social structure for most of Eberron's problems today -- but while they blame the monarchy for the last war, they do not shy away from war itself as a means of 'furthering revolution'.

Since the Treaty of Thronehold, most nations have tuned down their militant activities. But the Swords of Liberty has been steadily growing in both their influence and the degree of violence they're willing to tolerate in order to achieve their objectives. In Breland, the Swords ferment social problems between the native Brelish and foreign nationals (especially in New Cyre), from raiding villages in the guise of 'Cyran refugee looters' to assassinating local officials -- particularly crown loyalists. They have become as much a Brelish Ultra-Nationalist organization as much as a Socialist Revolutionary/Terrorist group, and even the Brelish Republican movement has disavowed them for the disgraceful image they give the rest of the republican supporters. Even so, they remain one of the standard 'goto' for critics of the republican movement.

While little information is available on the internal structure of the Swords of Liberty, there is plenty of evidence to support that they have plenty of skilled assassins and saboteurs among their ranks. As usual for such organization, the quality of their members vary greatly. But most of their operations seem to have a modicum of planning, training, and magical support -- making them at least competent if not always effective.

( Part III pending actions from Gorin and Adoett )
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

DOWNTIME ACTION RESULTS, PART III - Gorin

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 13, 2016 12:28 pm

Gorin
Feb 7th
Night: (factoring in a +3 settlement lore bonus to Gather Information) Gorin discovers that some of the giant herbalists have came across this plant in the jungles. They're very rare, but due to their small size, hard to see until it was too late. Thanks to the strong fortitude of most giants, these Blood Bush flowers' seeds pose limited danger; nevertheless, they're one of the more dangerous plants the herbalists watch out for. The Blood Bush's ability to spread seeds through their prey means entire small patches of forests could be 'infected' by them, and repeated volleys of seeds is likely to germinate a few in even the most the resilient of giants, with deadly consequences.

The giants do note, however, that such a plant isn't found anywhere close to the city. They've only encountered it deep within the Xen'drik continent in some of the more temperate or arid shifting zones. The plants' small size may work for its advantageous when spreading seeds, but in the jungles of the north it also means they can't compete with the other plants for sunlight, and thus die out as a result.

February 8th:
Early morning: Gorin didn't really have the time to go far enough away from the city to find the colorful birds, and it seems like the wild ones aren't keen on being close to the city itself.

Late morning: Gorin introduces Goodberry and Leah to Gaulronak and the giants, who welcomes the new visitors that brings in more views of the world.
( Gorin gains +3 attitude with Gaulronak )

Afternoon/Evening: Gorin's healing with the giants gain some influence among them
( influence 45 + 51[lasttime] = 96/150 )

February 9th
Morning: Harysh was pleased to find another fellow shifter out here in Stormreach, also forging their own business (+10 onetime attitude bonus). Settling over a pint of beer while her cats purred around her, she tells Gorin that she grew up just by the the Wynarn River, the border demarcation between Aundaire and the Eldeens. Family tales claim that when the Eldeens declared independence, their nomadic tribe had been on the wrong side of the river to do trade. So... enticed by the promise of adventure, she fought for Aundaire during the final years of the war. But when the war was over and she returned to civilian life, she discovers that while she was Aundairian and thus not welcomed by the Eldeen folks, the Aundairians... also see her as a foreigner (traitor in the eyes of many) from the woods just because of her blood. So, finding herself fitting in neither country, she moved away and look for opportunities elsewhere.
( Gorin gains +5 attitude with Harysh )

Afternoon/Evening: Gorin arrives to find the tents a little empty. The reason was soon discovered when the giants return by early evening, from a hunting trip deep within the forest. They seem to have encountered some rough spots and the timely healing aid from Gorin was much appreciated.
( Gorin gains +5 special attitude bonus with Gaulronak )
( influence 38 + 96 = 134/150 )
|

()

Return to “Game Threads”