Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens

Postby skychan » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:12 pm

"I don't think they can move on their own. They aren't as smooth and pretty as you are." Koko responds to Goodberry. "At the very least they would have done something last time if they could have."

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:34 pm

Once Goodberry suggests his plan, Ahz requests the group hold up so he can 'consult the cards' on this idea.

(Using Tarot Chosen to use a use of Augury for the week. The question being asked is, "What will the results of Goodberry's plan to get the plants' attention and then retreat to safety be?" CL is 4, so 74% chance of a useful response.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:09 pm

(@Kadi: the Innkeeper is higher level than you are with decent enough CHA, so yes, she's better at socializing than you =P)

Koko finds a door on her way there and nails a handle into it... she receives the following item:
(if you really want to keep it, it's an improvised tower shield with a terrible -20 armor check penalty)

Ahz's tarot result is "weal and woe". Maybe you need a more specific question.

By slowly advancing, Goodberry discovers that the plants' range is exactly 40ft -- or at least, the nearest opened up at 40ft range (while the others were shooting at them). However, the initial volley still put two seeds into him, inflicting 3 + 4 damage.

The good news is that the plants do not shoot any further once he steps back...

It takes a while, but the party then slowly whittle the 3 plants apart with their ranged weapons.

(what next?)
(need three Profession[herbalist] checks from Goodberry to harvest seeds)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm

Goodberry spends 2 pp from his natural cognizance crystals to heal himself 6 HP.

Profession [Herbalist] checks:
1d20+11 = 26
1d20+11 = 22
1d20+11 = 24

"Well now we we just have to scout 40ft ahead of us." Goodberry says as he gathers his bolts and the seeds.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:28 pm

"And hide behind this if we miss one until we can fall back far enough." Koko adds hefting her truly impressive shield/door/thingamajig.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Gorin looks at the door shield and just sighs.

"I'm all for you taking point, Brother, but stay away from too many plants. I'm still sore from rescuing you yesterday." He stated gruffly.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Koko Laughs and slaps Gorin on the shoulder. "Don't worry. I'm sure that this time when we say the plan is to stay back that everyone will listen."

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:53 pm

( technically Gorin rescued Goodberry yesterday, not Koko =p )

Goodberry successfully extract seeds from two plants, for... 54 seeds.

With the uppermost floor cleared, you walk down the stairs to the second floor. The atmosphere is changed almost immediately, as unlike the top floor, the 2nd floor has a lot of shade. In fact, it is lit by only open holes and gaps through the top floor; even though it's daytime, much of the 2nd floor is shadowy (dim illumination).

The poor lighting is then compounded by the heavy undergrowth. There are sporadic overgrown plants in the upper floor as well, but most of the bushes reach no higher than your legs and are trimmed off the paved walkways. In the lower floor however, the plants routinely reach as high as your torso; many of these plants even reach over the paved walkway, blocking the path until you push them out of the way.

( any preparations? if not, I'll just assume you start searching through this level as usual via Passive Perception checks )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 am

Gorin does his best to stealth alongside Goodberry. His sling at the ready.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:37 am

Goodberry expends 1PP to manifest granting him LLV for 4 hours, and raising his passive perception to a 20 (+ bonuses to ID the plants from previous studies)

He also suggests that Adoett manifest his My Light power
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:48 pm

Adoett's not so sure that's a good idea, since it'll reveal our position if the plants see like we do. Plus he thought the party had darkvision and so it wasn't actually needed.

If his assumptions are wrong, he manifests My Light and then regains his psionic focus (40 minute duration, 40' cone of +1 light level, max normal).

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:07 am

Leah can probably see best in the dark, so she won't need extra light. Still, there's no need to flaunt that now, it's plenty strange already that a 'normal human' can see decently in the dark. But so what? She's always had good eyes! And a healthy dose of mystery is alluring!

Thus Leah just stays at her normal position in the formation. No pre-buffs (yet), no special requests, just a warning there may be other kinds of dangerous plants than the one they encountered.

[I just noticed, Leah's powers can at most match the shooting plants' range. Crossbow is still safe, only very slow in comparison. Just keep it in mind for near-future tactics.]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:36 pm

Adoett turns on his eye-light beams, since the party compose of mostly migrants and hails from a diverse background, but does not have universal darkvision. If only the gods had been more progressive-minded...
( this raises light conditions in the 40ft cone from Adoett to bright light; those with LLV treats the bright light as though it goes out 80ft )

The party searches for a while, their progress slowed by the thick undergrowth covering this floor. Goodberry even recognizes some of the plants as poisonous, which allows the fleshy members of the party to keep their distance... or at least hack the branches aside.

The group trudges through this level for about half an hour, before they discover the plant they're hunting. Or more precisely, the plants discovered them... as Goodberry only notices the nearest Blood Bush after vines, stems, and shoots began to wrap around his ankles...

( Goodberry, Adoett, and Gorin: Reflex save vs entangle )
( map updated; roll initiatives! )

( dense undergrowth counts as rough terrain and provides 20% concealment if more than 5ft away )
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:38 pm

(Initiative: 1d20+3 = 9)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:03 pm

(Init: 1d20=18)
(Ref: 1d20+2=19)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Game Threads”