Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Mission 2

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:51 am

(Reflex: 1d20+10= 22)
Gorin lets out another terrifying growl and continues his assault.

(Full attack vs BB1

1d20+7= 17; 1d4+4= 7 [slashing]
1d20+7= 22; 1d4+4= 7 [slashing]

Note: If BB1 is down before Gorin acts, then redirect both attacks to BB2

HP: 18/31)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:05 am

Dr. Goodberry focuses his energy on himself and his branch brother (Gorin) and manifests for 3PP. 1PP augment to increase healing from 3 to 6, and 1PP to use 's ability to add an extra target.

Concentration due to Entangle: 1d20+8 = 20 vs DC 16 for a 1st level power.

He also uses to shift 1HP of his healing to Gorin.

Final result:
Gorin healed 7 (25/31)
Goodberry healed 5 (24/30, 0 nonlethal*)
*: When a spell or ability cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of nonlethal damage.

After seeing Ahz take a hit he uses his swift action to everyone again.

Move action: try to break free via Str check: 1d20+0 = 6

Known states:
Dr. Goodberry: 24/30
Gorin: 25/31
Adoett: Full
Leah: Full
Koko: 24/31
Ahz: Full-3

"That's it Gorin, show these plant's which grove is stronger!"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:47 am

Adoett is just happy he gets to hit something for once. He walks into the vines...and Gorin KOs BB1. Plus Adoett is stuck.

Not having anything better to do, Adoett just shrugs.

(REF 1d20+2=10; Adoett is entangled)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:44 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:17 pm

( Dave: as Entangle spell, you can try to break the entangle with a move action [Strength or Escape Artist]; though you'd have to make Reflex checks at end-of-round as long as you're within the area. )

Gorin's 1st swipe causes the first bush to slump over. He then moves towards the 2nd bush (can't 5ft-step in magical rough terrain)

Goodberry's timely remark grants Gorin +1 morale to attack for the next minute (because the GM found the RP particularly amusing =P)

Leah misses, not even close this time.

Koko was so close to pulling a seed out... so close but not there.

Ahz's force bolt shears some branches off BB2.

BB2 wildly swings two tendrils at Gorin, who easily dodges both.
BB3 launches a volley of seeds at Adoette, with only 1 hit (4 piercing damage; Will save vsFear vsDisease)

( Gorin: make a Fortitude save vsDisease vsParalysis as the first seed tries to germinate inside him... )
( Embedded seed count: Gorin 4, Koko 3, Ahz 1, Adoette 1 )

( Everyone up again )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:58 pm

Goodberry struggles to break free from the grappling vines and fails. He then reaches over and tries to remove the seed in Adoett(the only one in reach).

Move action: attempt to break free: 1d20 = 4

Standard action, remove seed from Adoett: Heal: 1d20+11 = 18

thinking to himself: Hmm, gonna have to remember to grab some of these vines. So strong and flexible, they'd make a great basket handle once I got the thorns out.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:29 am

Adoett lets the good doctor remove his seed, and then slogs his way through the vines to reach BB3 (5' move action go! Entangle only halves your speed), sees into the future to improve his aim (Offensive Precognition, 4PP, 4 minute duration) and slashes at it with his claws.

Attack: 1d20+8(normal)-2(entangled)+2(OP)=17
Damage: 1d6+4=6

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:11 am

(Fortitude: 1d20+7=24)

Feeling the seeds trying to sprout inside of him seems to make Gorin even more furious.

(full attack vs. BB2
1d20+8= 15; 1d4+4= 8 [slashing]
1d20+8= 23; 1d4+4= 7 [slashing]

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:46 pm

Ahz moves closer to Goodberry, knowing better than to try and perform untrained surgery on himself while in combat. While he waits for the warforged to remove the seed, he fires another blast of force at BB2.

(Damage: 1d4+4 = 7 force damage)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:49 pm

With Gorin completely blocking her line of fire against the plant she so spectacularly missed, Leah takes a step to the side, focuses on the third plant and shoots her next arrow. Maybe third time's the charm after all.

[Studied Target on BB2]
[Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 1 = 7]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:17 pm

Gorin's muscles prove too much for the seed to dig into. Though his first retaliatory strike in fury still missed; the second however did connect.

Goodberry successfully extracts the seed that was just starting to dig into Adoett.

Leah's shot misses, just barely. If only the target wasn't waving around because melee.

Adoett's claw was absorbed by the swaying branches, just barely.

After multiple attempts, Koko's efforts have finally built enough ground that she manages to pull 1 seed out.

Ahz smacks BB2 with another force bolt.

BB2 lashes out at Gorin with its tendrils (2 hits): 6 damage each
BB3 lashes out at Adoett with its tendrils (2 hits): 3 damage and 4 damage

( Gorin needs to make 3 Fortitude saves vsDisease vsParalysis as the three remaining seeds try to germinate )
( Koko needs to make 2 Fortitude saves vsDisease vsParalysis )
( Adoett and Goodberry takes 1 damage each from the entangling vines [and +1 damage each from last round since I didn't mention; unless you remembered] )

( BB2 is severely wounded; BB3 is fairly healthy still )

( everyone up again )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:20 pm

AGAIN!

Leah releases another arrow.

[Attack: 1d20 + 7 + 1 = 25. Damage: 1d8 + 1 = 5]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:24 pm

(Fort Save: 1d20+7= 19
Fort Save: 1d20+7= 14
Fort Save: 1d20+7= 19)

Gorin is paralyzed. Yay.

(HP: 13/31)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Dr. Goodberry struggles against the plants while sending out to Gorin "It's ok, you're going to be fine." in as calming a tone as he can manage, but sounding obviously worried: (Bluff to maintain calm: 1d20-1 = 2)

Free action: talking
Swift action: Health Sense
Move action: Try to break free: 1d20 = 4 (fail)
Standard action: transfer Wounds, touching Ahz, transferring all healing to Gorin: 2d6+4 = 7 healing, I take 3 nonlethal.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Game Threads”