Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Mission 2

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:46 pm

You've gone through about 75% of the top level so far. There are three levels; how much work remains really depends on what else you find. The lower levels are likely to be more troublesome since the foliage is denser and the lighting is reduced.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:15 pm

"Falling back for the day sounds like a good plan," Ahz says as he catches his breath, still not quite sure why he couldn't fight the urge to flee.

"I'll head with you to handle House Jorsaco," he says to Leah, "I want to see if they have any more information they can give us on these plants before I start some research on them."

(If it seems plausible/useful, Ahz will take some samples of one of the deceased plants. And one of the seeds, if possible to do so safely.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:00 pm

"I agree." Goodberry says. He spends a standard action to rebuild his Grove, and then channels some healing, reclaiming 14(healing me 10)of the 18 points of healing, leaving the other 4 Adoett.

Using Natural Healing: 1PP to manifest, 2PP to increase healing from 3HP to 9HP, 1PP to raise the number of targets to 2.

He then uses Health Sense to see if anyone needs Transfer Wounds to heal them.

"Here Ahz, let me help you gather those." Profession [Herbalist] 1d20+11 = 25.

After gathering the plants, he rejoins the group. "I'd like to come with you to report to our employer." (sitting at 11/30 HP, and will take Nonlethal to finish healing anyone else who wants it.)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Ahz manages to bring one of the dead plants back with ease, and during the process Goodberry extracts a dozen seeds from the flowers for examination. The group returns to the House Jorasco enclave just after noon. (since you are 'mollifying' the employer, please make Diplomacy check )

The aide who accompanied Alhaura d'Jorasco immediately took an interested look in the plant you brought back: "ah, a Blood Bush. Nasty business. Useful seeds though."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Koko giggles at Adoett's comments on becoming a host organism. "it's a good thing then that you aren't likely to ever be a mother." Then after patting him on the shoulder she goes with the others to see Alhaura

"I can come with, maybe ruffle some feathers if necessary. Once we were past the screaming and running part it wasn't such a bad job, and I can look just the right amount of 'mussed' for our client." And so along the way she will work on getting the right 'appearance' to mimic the idea of it having been tough, but not, too tough, the better to bargain with.

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:55 pm

[Diplomacy: 1d20 +10 = 23. If our "right amount of ruffled" gives us some kind of advantage: 1d20 +10 = 19. Oh, well.]

They were a fledgling help-for-hire agency so building a good and reliable reputation is a must. Thus when they meet up with their employer, Leah portrays their attempt of the day as a little scouting mission to get to know the area and the enemy, and as such it was a striking success. It was decidedly not a complete and utter bankruptcy of communication, who would ever think such a thing? Anyhow, they had found the enemies' weakness and with some more preparations to take advantage of it, she shows herself confident that they're going to take care of it the next day. No false promises, though, those are unprofessional.

Since Ahz was thoughful enough to bring back some blood bush samples, Leah asks if House Jorasco has an interest to take some parts off their hands, for their healing business or so. The GmbH was always willing to provide service beyond their initially contracted volume, given the right motivation.

[Also, if nobody has an issue with it I'll switch Leah over to being a Wilder over night. Ranged damage output will increase... although mostly at short range. Hopefully not too short, but I'd rather not do anything about it for now. Interaction-wise, she'll be the same Leah though.]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:26 pm

"You're the first ones to come back with any real results, so I suppose I can't fault your performance," Alhaura says with a look that made it apparent she wished she could. "It's been nearly a week since the gardens have been out of order; I suppose we could wait one more day."

The head healer then shrugged and walked off in a rush, though not before her stomach growled audibly.

Her aide, on the other hand, was still examining the plant with interest: "if you don't mind, we'd like to keep that plant and record it so this kind of event doesn't occur in the future. Also... despite their deadliness, the seeds of the Blood Bush make valuable potion ingredients. If you're interested, I'll give you 5gps for every one of them you bring back -- intact ones; once they're fired at a creature and attempts to sprout, they're ruined."
|

()

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:32 am

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:49 am

'I'm all for asking, but unless they're seriously underpaying us, maybe we shouldn't sell them elsewhere. They'll be more pleased if we sell them the seeds directly, than if we sell them elsewhere and they find out later, which I'm sure they would. Little favors and reputation can go a long way. What do the rest of you think?' Leah responds telepathically.

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Feb 13, 2016 5:48 pm

<Telepathic Response>
"If the price they're offering is is good or close to market price, I say we sell the seeds to them. If it's way below market price, we should negotiate for more before trying to sell on the open market. House Jorasco is a powerful organization, it would be unwise to cross them."
</Telepathic Response>
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:45 pm

None of you have ever seen anything like this on the market, so you're not exactly sure what the price is supposed to be.

The aide, obviously flustered and not used to having an attractive girl being this hands-on with him, stutters: "that... that'd great! Fire should work fine. For disposal, that is. And the seeds are some rare potion in-ingredients. And... well, I guess price could be fairer. 10gps each then; any more and she'll yell at me."

( anything else? )

( for anyone else; feel welcome to post action for Afternoon, Night, and Late Night [if available] )
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:05 am

[Nothing else from me. I don't exactly know where the upgrade to 10 gold comes from, but assuming Leah is (partially) responsible: She enjoys the half-living heck out of the inexperienced reaction. Inoffensively, of course.]

Leah:

Afternoon: Leah goes back to forging relations. Being a Dhampir and keeping silent about it, it's not easy for her to get independent healing. Therefore, to possibly open up another reliable option to get Potions of Inflict Wounds, her target this time is Nalia Dagoward, shopkeeper at Dagoward's Apothecary in the harbor. And even if she might not need the potions herself, having someone with herbal knowledge on hand can never hurt.

[Improve Relationship: 1d20 + 10 Skill + 5 Settlement = 21]

Night: To build a foothold for a foothold in noble circles, Leah tries to track down Rusila ir'Clarn. Knowing someone who knows everyone is a good step towards knowing everyone yourself. In turn, the services Leah offers are usually in high demand among the high society so Rusila should not lose out in this relationship.

[Improve Relationship: 1d20 +10 Skill + 5 Settlement = ... 35. YAY!]

Latenight: SLEEEEP. "Char-change". Leah, come back. Leah, I choose you.

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:38 pm

Koko feels appropriately smug about the upgrade in price offered for the seeds. Now they would just have to make sure to collect as many as possible. Letting the poor near-cloistered man off the hook she eventually stops flirting with him to head back home. There working to maintain her costume collection as well as practicing various disguises on the others, switching clothing and appearance, even bearing and accent as best she can to get critiques on where she could improve.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:53 am

Gorin goes to the market to purchase some sling bullets (20), and a fashions a sling from some spare cloth in the company shop. He otherwise spends the rest of the day recuperating.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:18 am

Adoett spends the day in bed healing and drinking vile "recuperative" concoctions - it turns out that being a good cook doesn't mean you know how to use herbs to heal quickly!

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Return to “Game Threads”