Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens (Feb 6 - Feb 9)

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Mission 2 - Carnivorous Gardens

Postby Kadi » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:13 pm

"Which leaves the stupid sod earlier that got himself killed. He didn't exactly look the type to haul plants, but if there was enough money in it... involved or not, any ideas how to discreetly find out who ordered that letter of credit he had? I doubt the dwarves will be eager to tell us..."

[Unless it tells us the name right on top of that Letter of Credit, in which case... DUHHH. Move on to the third floor and keep the eyes open?]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:12 pm

( Yes a Letter of Credit would have a name on it. =P )
( You've been here long enough to know that in Stormreach, the Gardens of Respite is widely considered a public park. While it's unusual to have non-professional on the lower levels, it's not like the area restricts access either. That being said, it is said there are truly dangerous plants kept on the lower levels, and people have died over poor judgment before -- mostly young people coming in on a dare ).
( The people of their frontier city often joke it off as just another form of natural selection... much like the jungle itself )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:20 pm

Thinking back to some of those stories about what happens to people down here Koko pauses at the stairs. "Would it be a good idea to go ask someone about the OTHER kinds of dangerous plants down here?" She looks at the others. "I mean, sure we're supposed to go in and clean up this one, but are there others that are just poisonous, or might be actively dangerous to us that they don't want us to damage or destroy?"

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:27 pm

"And why didn't we competent folks ask about them beforehand?" [Or hear about them. Or know about their existence. Stuff.] Leah asks with a hint of irony. "Let's just get down there, finish it, and if there's no clues to a conspiracy, so be it."

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:31 pm

Goodberry did ask and was given a big tome that the spent a good chunk of yesterday morning studying. Gave a bonus on identifying them.
viewtopic.php?f=160&t=1447#p25484
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:48 pm

( since nobody seems to be doing anything active... )

The group finishes scanning through the rest of the gardens without finding any more of these dangerous Blood Bushes. This includes the darker lower level with tons of poisonous fungi -- although none of them aggressively so once Goodberry identified them and everyone stayed out of reach.

( do you return to the Jorasco enclave and finish the mission or do you have something else in mind? )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Koko laughs and replies. "Well I'm a city girl so I just forgot. It isn't like I usually come to places like this, even if it is nice and cool down here."

Later as they are finishing up she comments, "I wonder if this would be an accessible spot to gather useful poisons from at a later date. Do you think you could help with that sort of the Goodberry? You do seem particularly adept at spotting and understanding them."

Then again, when they have finally finished and are heading back upwards from the dim depths of the dastardly discrete dungeon. "So, lets go give them the good news, get paid, go home and relax, sound like a plan?"

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:06 pm

"Money sounds good, but I want to go shopping. You in, Koko?" Leah invites. It shouldn't be too late yet. (Can it ever be too late for shopping?)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:28 pm

At Koko: "Sure I could help harvest some. Since this is public, I might even see if I can get a few clippings to bring back to my garden so we don't have to walk so far. I don't have a lot of space now, so you'll have to specify what type of poison you want, muscle relaxant, reflex inhibitor, halucinogen, etc." (in game terms STR, DEX, Mental stat damage)

To the group: "How should we handle that writ? Offer to investigate it for our employers and negotiate it as a second job? Or do we want to lump it in as a part of this one in hopes of aqcuiring more favor with House Jorasco? Do we even tell them about it or wait till we have more information?"

On our way back up Goodberry keeps an eye out for the Wolfsbane and Chamomile.

Passive Perception: 18
Profession Herbalist to gather Wolfsbane: 7+11 = 18
Profession Herbalist to gather Chamomile: 10+11 = 21
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:56 pm

"Well, it boils down to which one would be more valuable. The money for a second job, or the favor with Jorasco. Money is immediate currency, but favor can open up the possibility of even more currency farther down the road."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:44 pm

Koko grins at Leah, "Of course, I think that is an excellent way to end the day." And linking arms lets Leah lead her away after giving Goodberry a quick answer. "Oh I think a hallucinogen or perhaps something that can cause a coma would be the types I would be interested in, but we'll have to talk more later, it appears that I'll be busy this evening." At which point she shoots him a wide grin and starts to subtly change until she could be Leah's sister.

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:31 pm

@Money/Favor: "But it's dubious if the guy was involved. I doubt House Jorasco would be that happy for such vague information. It might start them some unnecessary trouble to boot, which would eventually come back to us. Hard money on the other hand..."

@Koko: "Eager, are we?" Leah smiles as she sees just which form Koko is shifting towards. "Say, 'little sister', who tailored that gorgeous dress you have? The Glamerweave one? I've considered getting me one, but I haven't found a tailor I can trust with such an investment yet..." [Cue a discussion about clothes and fashion until... we're out of the woods, I suppose?]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Goodberry finds the chamomile on the top floor. The wolfsbane however required a detour -- he remembered seeing them earlier in a temperature-controlled greenhouse on the second floor; had made a note to himself since they were poisonous.

He harvests a good quantity of both to bring back.

-----

The group returns to the House Jorasco enclave and informs Alhaura's aide that the job has been done and the gardens has been cleansed of the infestation. He immediately sends someone to go to the gardens to verify, who -- eventually comes back sometime later -- with a full approval that no significant collateral damage has been done to the rest of the gardens.

He then pays the group the full 2,000gps for a job well done, plus a 1,380gps for the 138 seeds you've collected.

He also thanks everyone for collecting the herbs; this will save them some time in getting these to much needed patients.

( any extra things you'd like to bring up with him? )
( XP and attitude changes will be posted after )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:46 pm

*Telepathy to Ahz* "We should at least inform them that this seemed planned based on the plant on the 2nd floor. They should know this was deliberate attack instead of an idiot adventurer."
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon May 02, 2016 1:14 am

Ahz brings up the concerns that the plants may have been deliberately placed, going by the evidence of the location on the plant on the 2nd floor.
(as suggested by Goodberry)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Game Threads”