Prologue / Mission 1 - Crime Wave (Feb 2 - Feb 5, 1002YK)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Prologue

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:05 pm

Adoett gasps softly at the sight of that kitchen and starts cleaning up the mold and other detritus. "This is positively unsafe! Let me clean this up a bit, eh?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:25 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:15 pm

A few of the bewildered children stares on as Adoett starts scrubbing out the kitchen with furious energy...

Cadroc purses his lips but actually doesn't object to what Koko tells Vice (the archer). Vice, meanwhile, nods in agreement before he calls two of the other boys to follow him.

(so now you have this big pile of goods in front of you...)

Everyone who is helping, make three Perception checks (searching) to begin sorting it all out. Detect Magic and the likes would probably be useful to pinpoint where the artifacts are.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:51 pm

(Perception 1: 1d20+11 = 25)
(Perception 2: 1d20+11 = 29)
(Perception 3: 1d20+11 = 30)

Ahz casts as needed to detect objects with storied histories, such as the axe of the Boar of Cyre.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Dr. Goodberry tries to help out.

Perception: 1d20+8 = 19
Perception: 1d20+8 = 19
Perception: 1d20+8 = 13
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:05 pm

It takes the party members (those who are helping anyways) quite some considerable time just to move things out of the way, during which Ahz successfully catalogs one artifact after another as they are revealed. Apart from the cultural relics, even some of the more average household goods seem to hold long histories; perhaps not surprising, given that these are the choice items brought over by refugees.

Vice returns after some time with bad news: "She's gone! Like, just vanished! The people at the entrance didn't even see her leave! But we've searched all over the base and can't find her."

"Well she did expect the intruders to kill us all," Cadroc counters, though hints of disillusionment and annoyance could be heard through his tone. Clearly even he felt a little betrayed by her simply abandoning like that.

It did not take long before Ahz figured out what's wrong: there's no sign of the axe once wielded by the Cyran hero.

The other four cultural relics are all present:
-- an ornate mahogany table that once belonged to a Cyran Marshal and war hero
-- a regimental military banner that radiants Consecrate; apparently seen combat action against the Karrns
-- a number of pieces that, when put together, forms a model of the city Metrol several centuries ago; perhaps some adventurer group raided a museum in the Mournelands.
-- a Zaelshin Tu... they said it was just 'an amulet that marks our greatest victory against the elves', but this is clearly a Valenar sacred item.

So much for relics of 'little functional value'.

There might be other missing goods as well, but it'll hours more time to sort though all the things.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:18 pm

"Do you have any secondary outposts where she could run to?" Gadget asked, turning to Cadroc.

GM Edit: "No," Cadroc states, quite earnestly too. "We were simply on the streets before this."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:07 pm

"Blast, the Axe is not here," Ahz mutters as he examines the zaelshin tu to see if he can glean any insight into what ancestral lineage the item might be tied to, since that could help find its proper owner.
(activating Flash Insight and Inspiration for +2+1d6 to skill check)
(Knowledge [History]: 1d20+11+2+1d6 = 32)

EDIT: Ahz is interested in knowing what the proper owner of this item would be, since he intends to point out to the Cyrans that they could possibly curry some political favor by returning something to Valenar that was seized during the War.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:19 am

Ahz discovers that the zaelshin amulet came of Valenar origin, to a Revenant Blade and squadron commander who had been slain in battle against the Cyrans in one of the only Cyran victories against Valenar forces during the entire war. It was recovered/looted by the Cyran regimental commander who led the ambush, and had changed hands several times since then, always kept as a war trophy -- a small measure of reprisal against the elves who seized Cyran lands during the war and butchered the people in the thousands as they fled the murderous mist on that fateful day.
|

()

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:51 pm

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Dr. Goodberry is not very good at this whole diplomacy thing, so he goes to look over the children for any more wounds, and helps them bandage themselves properly if any of them need it

Heal: 1d20+11 = 14
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Cadroc cringed, looking frustrated that he was the one betrayed yet he has nowhere to vent anger. It's actually rather impressive, as though the responsible older brother who would suppress anything so he doesn't show it in front of the kids.

"The last time I saw that axe was at least a week ago, before the district grew alert and we grew pessimistic and made a mess here," he noted at the roomful of goods. "It used to be at least somewhat in order."

Vice looked like he wants to say something, but he kept his mouth shut out of concern.

Yet despite all his best attempts, Cadroc couldn't help but walk to a nearby wall and hammer it with his fist. "She said she was an orphan fresh off the ships. With her magical talents, how the hell can we find her now?"

None of the children have missed the activeness of both Adoett and Goodberry in attempting to help them, and most of the fear and tension seem to have vanished by now. Even a few of the younger orphans, the smallest a girl no more than five or six years of age, now peaked her head around the hallway to watch.
|

()

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:27 pm

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:23 pm

For a second Cadroc looked speechless, and it was Vice who chimed in first:

"Think you're wayyyy overestimating us. For a city that's full of gangs, mobs, and self-declared militias, a bunch of kids like us is nobody. Our insignificance is what kept us out of trouble, away from all those stupid turf wars. We have enough presence within the Cross district, 'bout it. The Fleas even chased us out of the Harbor since they took over."

"He's right," Cadroc sighed. "But I can give you some basics. For one, that girl is a natural illusionist, although I didn't knew she could invisible herself. She has a thing for shiny things that plays tricks on the light. And she likes her food warm and salty -- to a degree most of us couldn't even stand. As for other places to stay or visit..." he shrugs. "We don't exactly keep tabs on our own."
|

()

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:18 pm

Koko turns to look at the rest of her companions with a little helpless shrug of her shoulders and giving them a look, which thanks to a psionically backed thought is rather easily interpreted to mean, "Well, that's as far as I've got in finding the little bitch, or keeping this little gang of footpad's safe, one of you is up next."

Return to “Game Threads”