Prologue / Mission 1 - Crime Wave (Feb 2 - Feb 5, 1002YK)

azrael
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: Gnome

Re: Prologue

Postby azrael » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:44 am

"I'd like to come along, Leah", Ashkharan offers. "My earth moving ability may come in handy there if we meet with any surprises, though I shouldn't show off. If I can be there when the thieves come, I may be able to catch them off guard and seal their tunnel behind them."

skychan
Lighted Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby skychan » Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Koko nods energetically to Leah's comments before thinking back to the others. 'That seems like a reasonable course of action, but do we know just how patient our employers are going to be in having us deal with the situation?" Striding along using her sword cane as intended, as a cane, as she looks curiously between the others. 'I mean, how long will I have to investigate, as I probably won't be back until I'm done, and we'll want to set up some place and time to gather as well.'

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:07 pm

( based on the mission details you know this has already been going on for a while... and its only because their own efforts to solve the problem failed did they bring in outside help. aka they can probably wait another few days without complaint )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:59 pm

"I can look into securing a Reduce Person potion for Adoett while you stake out the restaurant." Goodberry offers.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:21 pm

Leah: "They couldn't fix the problem in weeks and today's the first day we're on it. I think we can risk another day or two... I'll check out the eatery from the inside, you can focus on the kids, Koko. And if tonight we think the eatery is just another target... well, maybe we can convince them to let us wait for the thieves inside the larder, even. Do you want me to look after your gear again, Koko?"

After saying her goodbyes for the moment, Leah heads for the eatery. An adventurer looking for dinner and drinks shouldn't stand much out in the... establishments of this rundown district, so she wouldn't even have to change clothes. Or disarm herself. Always a bonus, even if she was confident to slip away anyway if trouble found her. And once at the eatery... she might find out all she needs. Mabye somebody knew something about the thefts in general, but more importantly she'd look into possible connections between the eatery and the robberies, whether it was a target, possibly staked out already, or connected to the perpetrators or backers.

[Just because: Diplomacy to Improve Attitude with the eatery's waitress (or most similar person): 1d20 + 10 skill + 5 settlement = 27]
[Diplomacy for Gathering Information: 1d20 + 11 skill + 3 settlement = 32]
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:43 pm

The eatery looks more like a shabby take-out than any decent restaurant. The food was presented in a buffet style serving, with large trays of bland, slightly-overcooked food overlooked by a single man who was more interested in his book than other people. Nevertheless he looked up as Leah entered to talk, and his initially cold attitude flipped for one of keen interest within moments as Leah buttered him up.

But as far as you can gather, there's been nothing suspicious happening at this eatery or behind it. They haven't lost anything, or seen anyone/anything odd gone by. From what it seems, this is just a cheap food shop. The guy at the register even called up a portly cook from the kitchens to confirm it.

The cook did, however, have one piece of information to offer. He heard a customer complaining the other day of "kobold tricks"; apparently said customer had a friend who managed to catch a kobold in the act only to discover the kobold was an illusion. Though... that's third-hand information at this point...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:20 pm

Ahz goes back to Lucile to see if he can get a good description of the appearance of the axe that was stolen.
(Diplomacy [if needed]: 1d20+11 = 27)

(Reasoning: If I can get a good description of it, I can use locate object. Yeah, the range is limited (560' at this level), but it'll help us if we narrow in on the perpetrators' location.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:23 am

Lucile doesn't actually know that well what the axe looks like... but the owner does. She takes Ahz to meet the person in question whom, contrary to expectations, isn't actually some rich artifact collector. In fact he looks malnourished, giving off the impression he might have had to starve himself to help play for this axe...

Either way, he does give Ahz a picturesque description. Perhaps a bit embellished on how 'perfect' this weapon was. The man must be a diehard fan of this 'Boar of Cyre'.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:23 pm

When no one responds, Goodberry takes it as consent and walks back to XOS HQ to talk to Lysette about a Reduce Person potion for Adoett.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:34 pm

After hearing you describe the issue, Lysette goes to rummage about the shop. She takes an emptied leather scroll case and some diamond dust out of the supply pile, as well as pulling a metamagic rod from the shop. She then casts Glyph of Warding followed by Reduce Person on the scroll case before sealing it.

"Just open the case to activate the spell, it'll last 20 minutes; think that'll be enough? Drink the Enlarge Person potion to dispel the effect when needed."

Goodberry is then presented with a pouch with the following:
-- the scroll case with Extended Reduce Person (20min)
-- 1 Potion of Enlarge Person
-- 2 Potions of Lesser Restoration
-- 2 Oils of Make Whole (CL5:5d6)
-- 4 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds (3d8+5)

"Consider it an opening week present for the party. Good luck on your first mission."
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:30 pm

"I believe that will work Commander. Thank you. I shall go inform the party that the business is bearing fruit already." Goodberry says as he gathers the items, places them carefully in a backpack, and heads back to that eatery that the rest of the group was going to stake out.
(|)
(|)

skychan
Lighted Member

Postby skychan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Last edited by skychan on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:39 pm

( it's dusk already, so Koko's action will take it well into the night... post any further gather information / misc if you still have more ideas. If not, then feel free to post nighttime actions [if you have any other than rest] for the night of February 3rd )
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:08 pm

With the description of the axe in hand, Ahz reports back to the others with this new information.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:49 pm

Gadget has no nighttime plans other than to stake out the restaurant.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Return to “Game Threads”