Adoett, Laharl's Half-Giant Psychic Warrior

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Adoett, Laharl's Half-Giant Psychic Warrior

Postby Laharl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:10 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jXY ... RUfy4/edit

Owns a bar (expect profession[chef] and/or craft[cooking] ranks!) and is also an occasional foreign correspondent for the Korranberg Chronicle.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Laharl

Re: Laharl's Half-Giant Psychic Warrior

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:25 am

Fluff scribbles:

- born on Sarlona to a wandering band in Sykarn => speaks Riedran fluently, not Common
- stowed away on a ship to Khorvaire (accidentally?)
- arrived in Sharn, eventually got a job selling papers for the Korranberg Chronicle and learned to cook
- started reading the papers he was selling because nobody would buy them and taught himself to read/write Common
- managed to get the attention of one of the editors with an article + lunch combo
- eventually got posted to Stormreach as a junior correspondent
- worked there for several years, eventually quit to run a restaurant, but still sends tidbits and culinary columns back to make a little extra on the side
- joined HfH as a way to get protection while acquiring exotic ingredients

Personality notes:
- inquisitive
- many malapropisms
- a little food-crazy

Eventual possible PRC: Adamantine Chef, if the option for War Mind appears I'd happily take it

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Laharl

Re: Laharl's Half-Giant Psychic Warrior

Postby Laharl » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:27 pm

DM note: Claws of the Beast size-ups at a flat 4PP/size
DM note: Improved Natural Attack[claw] can apply to Claws of the Beast

Laharl

Re: Adoett, Laharl's Half-Giant Psychic Warrior

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:14 am

Fluff outline in sheet finalized.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Your backstory traits are...

: +2 Fortitude vs Poisons & Drugs; +4 vs Alcohol
: 2d20 take high 1/day on untrained skill

Couldn't find a better trait to represent the reporter background. Suggestions welcomed if you have ideas.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:11 pm

I actually took Affable for that - a decent reporter needs to be trustworthy and quick to gather information, after all.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh and since I didn't have enough money to buy a building either, Adoett is probably just using a tent in the market or something.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 pm

So I should probably make this officially official. Back in May, I had a chat with Dai about how I wasn't really engaged with the game at all and Adoett seemed like a really poor fit. I thought I'd dropped then (to the point that I stopped reading game threads), but Dai didn't get the same things out of that conversation that I did, and so we had another chat a couple days ago to clear that up. Basically, I felt like I wasn't doing anything useful and didn't really have much to add or look forward to playing the game, so I'm dropping because there's no point in lugging a player around who is only barely there. Feel free to keep Adoett around as a plot hook source, a chef, or even just a battering ram if you want.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:51 pm

With Dave and Dai's permission, I will be taking over Adoett, and rebuilding him to use the Mind Knight path instead of the Feral Warrior path. Links will be added in when I get a chance. Currently thinking of what weapons to plan on using. Current thought is to strap a cutting board to his arm (small wooden shield) and summon a Cleaver (hand axe?). Suggestions welcome, I was trying to think of two tools you actually use at the same time. Since I will be summoning each weapon as a separate action, a single weapon might be better. I'd thought about spear like for a spit roast, but most other uses ruin your cut of meat by putting a big hole in it.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Cleaver sounds fun, but Adoett's a cook, not a butcher, is he? Something knifey (loooong knifey) could work out for further preparing meat. Weapon-wise that would be... a shortsword? Scimitar? I'm not that much of a cook, but I faintly recall long meat knives.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm

One could make a case for a carving knife being a shortsword. What better way to ensure fresh ingredients than to kill them yourself?
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:34 pm

IIRC there's an equivalence chart in the pathfinder cooking book.

"Depending on the size, most cutlery can be treated as a dagger (filet knife), short sword (chefʼs knife), or handaxe (cleaver)."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Professional cooks generally do their own butchering... and a cleaver is really necessary for cutting through the bones.
Anyways, there's a huge range of kitchen implements. Summon your weapon of choice as the battle dictates.
Are you fighting gelatinous tofu? undead tarts? dragon ribeye? or flying radish swarms?
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Return to “Characters”