Eberron Game Concept

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Eberron Game Concept

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Greetings!

(The creatures of Eberron grow stronger?)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kadi » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:36 pm

Glad to be here.
Stormreach Company: ( / )

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:21 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:51 pm

A GM ruling on all this healing discussion:

Warforged receive half healing from all ability designed to heal living creatures, per their halved healing from (healing) subtype abilities. They receive full healing from any ability that can heal constructs (repair spells and otherwise).

Dhampirs receive full healing from any ability designed to heal living creatures unless it is of positive energy, per Negative Energy Affinity racial trait. Positive energy abilities treats them as though they were undead (i.e. Cure spells deal damage; positive Channel to heal does nothing; Consecrate penalizes them as though they were undead). Negative energy abilities also treat them as though they were undead (i.e. Inflict spells heal them; Chill Touch frightens them; Enervation gives them temporary HP). They can still be killed by accumulating too many negative levels, per Resist Level Drain trait. Furthermore, [Light] descriptor spells treat you as though you were undead, but not as "undead vulnerable to light".

Adding to misc rules.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Kadi
Axemember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kadi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 pm

YAY.

In the light of that ruling, I'd like to switch out my Level 1 feat Life-dominant soul (which gives me 50% healing from positive-energy healing spells and reduces healing from negative energy to 50%). May you inadvertently try to heal-potion Leah to death in your (characters') ignorance of her Dhampir-dom! I'm looking forward to it! At the same time, I'd ammend her background appropriately and switch out her healing potions for Potions of Inflict Wounds.

Other motivations I have for this? RP-wise, Dr. Goodberry might find her a weird member of his grove when he tries to heal her for the first time. And Ahz might find something off, too, when using Mend Flesh? Or maybe a Heal check would be appropriate for Ahz to notice, dunno. And there's always Leah drinking blood-red "healing potions". Just for the imagery.

If anybody has a problem with me making those changes now after the game has started, please do speak up and I won't.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:44 pm

A better clarification so I can stop having to judge on a one-by-one basis:

Dhampirs receive full healing from any ability designed to heal living creatures unless it is of positive energy, per Negative Energy Affinity racial trait. As positive/negative energy is not a spell descriptor and only potentially found in flavor text, any spell or magical effect that treats undead differently than other creature types will henceforth be considered a positive or negative energy effect. For example, Cure spells deal damage; Consecrate bestow penalties; Inflict spells heal them; Chill Touch frightens them but deals no damage; Enervation gives them temporary hit poitns (though dhampirs can still be killed by accumulating too many negative levels, per Resist Level Drain trait); Searing Light damages them as though undead (but not undead vulnerable to sunlight); etc. Spells that affect only undead but not living creatures (i.e. Undeath to Death) have no effect unless explicitly says "positive/negative energy" in spell description.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Note that progress this week will be halted due to several players out at Gencon.
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:06 pm

So...who's our quartermaster for this game? You know, the one who tracks consumable assets and loot.

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm willing to track the loot, but don't expect any Dai-scale party ledgering from me.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:09 pm

Note that I'll be off on an out-of-country trip on 9/26 - 10/10 and will mostly be preparing before then so chances of a post are very low.

(that being said, still waiting on Kadi to post...)
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:29 pm

Sorry about that. I'm back now, though. And have a nice time on your trip.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:16 pm

bit of modification to shifters:

Shifting changed to CON modifier + character level per day, instead of character level x 2 per day.
Swiftwing may now use hands while shifted, though still cannot use weapons/shield
Child of the Wild trait now grants bonus to Athletics rather than Climb (per skill merge)
Added Child of the Beasts alternate trait; tweaked Child of the Moon alternate trait for bonus vs all transmutation.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:31 am

added new rule on sources:

Psionics: Psionics is allowed per Eberron campaign setting design, but all psionics content from books beyond Psionics Unleashed require GM approval. Dreamscarred Press clearly (1) has no concept of 'power creep' or how to manage it in successive content releases, (2) is a joke at balancing, and (3) doesn't pay attention at all to Pathfinder's attempt to control the worst excesses of DnD3.5.
|

()

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:59 pm

made some changes to Settlement rules after some complaint by players. Changes shown in Italics:
viewtopic.php?f=159&t=1409&p=24601#p24601
|

()

Kadi
Axemember

Postby Kadi » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:25 pm

Finally I can get some mileage out of Bluff! Thanks!

(The +/-11 from Crime is still ridiculous but... well, with so many crime syndicates around, I guess many people will belong to one or be protected by one, so pushing them around is difficult. Unlike outright lying to them)

Return to “Stormreach: Xen'drik Outreach Society (GmbH)”