02/14/2075

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

02/14/2075

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:05 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: 01/14/2075

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:15 pm

"You know, I was just thinking about how badly I wanted to file a harassment suit against Knight Errant this morning. Funny how things work out." Harvard chuckled, while loosening his tie.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:34 pm

John cracks a smile at the human's comment. "Write one up for me too and I know a place I can get your next oil change free." he says. Turning to the Elf, "Play anything fun on the net?" His voice is high pitched, like a kid a year before puberty.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:20 am

"There's far more uses to datajacks then just gaming, kiddo. Not that I'm a decker, so yeah, all mine really ever gets used for these days is Miracle Shooter," the elf responds with a laugh.

"Let me in on the lawsuit and I'll patch you up if they come after you," the dwarf remarks.

"Let me guess, they dragged all of you in here about the Redmond commlink theft too?" the ogre asks as he finishes eating the plastic cup. "These KE goons wouldn't probably couldn't get any lead on who did it, so they just grabbed whoever seemed convenient."

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:52 am

"Oh I tried that before. I'm more a fan of Chromehounds 3." he responds to the elf. "I'm not so sure. I was 'conveniently' grabbed from my bed in Renton. And I was working in Auburn yesterday."
Last edited by Squall255 on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:04 am

"Yeah, at the time the truck was hit, I was working on my second gin-tonic at Matchstick's. I'm Sebastian, by the way."

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:42 am

"John. My friends call me Weatherman."
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 am

The others in the cell decide that now is a good time for introductions as well.

"Oskar, also known as Netizen. When the commlink shipment in Redmond got hit I was eating dinner at the Big Rhino here in Downtown." the ogre says, still glaring over at the KE guards.

"I was at the shooting range last night. The name's Alice, but some people call me Hecate," the elf says, stretching her arms.

"Let's see...at 8PM I was at a friend's bar, patching up patrons who decided it was a good idea to get into a fight with a troll. I'm Cameron, some people call me Doctor Shadow, but I swear there's 8 other people with that handle in town."

You get the feeling that these three have been sweating in lockup for longer then you guys. None of you have had access to a phone call or your lawyer, which doesn't come as a surprise given the usual KE tactics. Suddenly, you hear the clang of one of the security doors in the hallway, and the sound of Detectives Quinn and Redoak detectives bickering with a hotheaded female attorney. You hear the phrases "warrant," "wrongful arrest," "probable cause," "putative identification," and "unlawful questioning without legal counsel."
You're not sure what's stranger, the fact that you're hearing these words in regards to you - SINless shadowrunners - when these phrases are usually reserved for dealing with the rich folks who get arrested for some reason, or the fact that moments later a begrudging and bewildered-looking uniformed officer unlocks the cage door, and a short, smiling woman in a grey, pinstriped business suit strides past him. The cops almost seem scared of the tiny little norm chica. She’s slight, with short, neon-orange hair and a dusting of freckles. She looks all of fourteen, but starts talking like a high-speed robot built for dispensing rapid-fire legal jargon: "Hey, just so you guys know, I just told them they have to put you before a lineup, get the prosecutor to formally press charges, or let you go, or I’m gonna have their gonads for wrongful arrest and violation of your rights as UCAS citizens. You may be far from the forty-eight-hour deadline, but they really screwed the pooch on this one, and privatized rent-a-cops don’t get blanket protection under Qualified Immunity statutes."
You’re not sure you followed all of that, or any of it, when she presents you with her card. It reads Annie Goldsmith, Esquire, though to those who can see AROs it reads as '"Invisible" Annie Goldsmith, Invisible Esquire.' "Now, let's get the lot of you out of here and down to Soybucks, because I'm sure that they didn't let any of you get your morning soycaf."

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:44 am

"Works for me. I have a few hours before my guild meeting." I assume outprocessing includes relinquishing our confiscated gear. Otherwise Weatherman asks about his rcc.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 am

"That's the angle I was considering." Harvard noted, walking forward to meet the attorney.

"I'm Sebastion Turner. A pleasure to make your acquaintance.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:51 pm

Outprocessing consists mainly of returning gear to the imprisoned runners. Nobody had been charged with anything, and KE seems to want to keep this incident of judicial misadventures under wraps, so the paperwork is minimal and everyone is given back their confiscated gear. With their weapons and sundry other confiscated items returned, the group piles into Annie's Hyundai Shin-Hyung, somehow managing to cram all 6 people into the small sedan, and heads off to an out-of-the-way Soybucks well away from the KE fortress they just left.

"All right, so in return for springing you guys from KE, I need you guys to do some work for me," the orange-haired supposed attorney says, pulling out a matchbook and tossing it over to the group. "A client of mine has a job he needs done, meet him there. The number is mine, in case you guys need legal help, first one's free but after today you guys have to pay." The matchbook is emblazoned with the logo of a bar called Banshee, located in the Redmond Barrens, and above Annie's scribbled commlink number is "7 PM" underlined.

(Street Knowledge [Seattle] can garner knowledge about Banshee)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:22 pm

Weatherman sees what he can recall (keeping info private) : 2 hits (6,5,4,2,2,1,1,1)

He also hops in the Matrix (AR) and has his van move to meet him at the Soybucks, using the dogbrain.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:43 pm

(Test to see if Harvard knows this "Lawyer": INT 3 + Street (Seattle) 2= 3 hits

Test to see if Harvard knows anything about "Banshee": INT 3 + Street (Seattle) 2= 2 hits)

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Harvard knows that Annie is indeed a lawyer, having passed the bar exam and everything. She's Awakened (as an Adept), most likely following the Cat mentor spirit. She's a criminal defense attorney, but rumor has it that she's also a fixer and has a past as a burglar and/or a con artist.

Banshee is the name of a bar in Redmond, nobody's quite sure where the name came from. Other then that, nothing notable about the bar comes to mind. Then again, low-key establishments are a good place to meet with Mr Johnson, since you're out of the way of anyone looking for high-profile figures. That being said, whoever it is that has work for you is definitely a low-level person, no self-respecting megacorp Mr Johnson would ever be caught hiring deniable assets in a place that low scale.

Either KE hadn't had time to put a boot on Weatherman's van, or they already removed it, but the van starts up and the dogbrain obediently begins to converge on the Soybucks, quickly reporting that it has gotten stuck in the usual morning rush hour.

"Can't say I know much about Banshee," Cameron says, drinking his tea, having declined 'that insufferable soy-based filth' in favor of 'a far superior beverage,' but still cringing at the taste of the low-quality tea offered at Soybucks. "I do my best to avoid Redmond unless someone really needs me out there."

"All right so if you guys are good with meeting the client, I've got to be at the Bellvue District Courthouse in an hour," Annie says before draining her soycaf. Clearly this isn't a question, you've been volunteered for a job. Still, how often do you get free legal help and a job from the same person? "All I know is its a quick job the client needs done, so don't expect much in the way of pay, but there is a guarantee you will be paid," she says before heading out to her car, clearly expecting the odd group of metas to find their own transportation - plus they should probably also work out who has what skills, so that they know what they have at their disposal for whatever run has been dropped in their laps.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:13 am

Weatherman sips frome one of the bottled energy drinks while saying "If we're going to work together I guess I should tell you I'm a bit older than I look. I'm 24 with a tech a mechanics degree. Rigger. 2 attack drones and 3 spy drones, and my Bulldog is currently stuck in morning traffic."
(|)
(|)

Return to “Game Threads”