02/14/2075

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: 01/14/2075

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Harvard looks around to make sure no one is looking, and then promptly jimmies the lock.
(AGI 4= 2, 2, 2, 6 (1 hit))
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:01 pm

When Harvard touches the wires behind the maglock together, the door lock opens with a clunk, and the door slides open. The tiny cubicle (two meters wide, three meters tall, four meters deep) is dark except for the bland light from a portable trideo set. In the undulating dimness, the group can barely make out the head and right arm of an ork, protruding past the far-edge of the slab-like plastic bed built into the wall on your left. The head and arm aren’t severed; they’re just the only part of him visible, peeking out past the corner of the bed.

It's quickly evident that he’s dead, his lips purple, his eyes glazed over, staring slackly at the nothing in the upper left corner of where his vision used to be. Lying on the floor beside him, just out of reach, are two commlinks.

()
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:11 pm

"Shit." Harvard noted, blankly, before turning back towards the maglock and using a handkerchief to rub off any fingerprints he may have left on it.

"Grab the comm links, and let's go." He added, to no one in particular.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:15 pm

Doc heads forward to grab the commlinks, but also makes a cursory investigation of the body as well.
11d6.hits(5) → [2,2,6,5,1,6,3,5,3,3,3] = (4)
"Looks like he's been dead for at least 6 hours. His gun's still in his pocket, so whoever got him took him by surprise."

Netizen takes a look at the commlinks, "Hmmm...Sony Emperor and Hermes Ikon, no idea which is his though."

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:59 pm

"Grab them both we'll sort it out on the way to Mr. J." Weatgerman says through coms as an 'item acquired' sound plays and a line of text flows over the shared video feed saying "New objective: get out without being detected"
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:48 pm

Doc grabs both commlinks and moves to exit the cubicle. So far, nobody is paying any attention to you guys.
(Anyone want to search more, or are you guys just going to book it out of there?)

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:08 am

Weatherman has his drone do a sensor sweep of the room (Thermographic, low light, Omni mic, Atmospheric, Ultrasound, Motion sensor) Clearsight+Pilot[Sensor] = 6+3[3] = 3 hits (1,1,2,2,3,4,5,5,6) perception for anything else out of the ordinary, or a spare cred stick.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:45 pm

"Nothing else worth grabbing here, at least not that my sensors detect."
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:44 pm

"Let's go." Harvard, insisted.

Active Characters:

azrael
Race: Gnome

Postby azrael » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:06 pm

Hecate covers the retreat.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Beating feet out of the hotel as quickly and inconspicuously as they could, the group has an uneventful trip back to to Mr. Johnson, who looks pleased that they brought him a commlink, but confused that they brought him two. He quickly scans each commlink, and finds that the Sony Emperor is the one he is looking for. Satisfied, he drops it into the pocket of his lined coat, drums his fingers on the table, and asks desultorily what became of Oxycode.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:32 am

"DOA." Harvard responds.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:15 am

Mr Johnson merely smiles at the remark, shrugs, and then nods. After he spends a few moments investigating the Hermes Ikon, he fishes the credstick with the rest of the payment out of his pocket, and he slides it and the Hermes Ikon across the table to Harvard.
(The credstick has another 5,000 Credits on it)
“If I have any work I need done in the future, I’ll get in touch with you through channels,” he says. Then, as he’s getting up to leave, he tosses one of the team members back the other commlink, with a quizzical look. “You may want to hold onto that. It might be worth something to somebody. Not me, but somebody. Worst comes to worst,” he adds, grinning, “it’s a nice commlink.” Then he makes his exit, leaving the group in the noisy bar.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:21 am

Harvard takes a sip of his whiskey on the rocks, as he finishes pulling his share of the creds before sliding it to the next person to do the same. After waiting a few more moments, he stands from his chair, leaving a generous tip next to his glass.

"This was fun, but the music is starting to wear on me. We should do this again sometime. Perhaps that commlink will give us an excuse." He said, before giving a casual salute and heading out.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:01 pm

Weatherman takes his share and smiles over his Gin and tonic "Working with you has been alright Harvard. You have my coms if you need something to watch your back. Safe drive home."
(|)
(|)

Return to “Game Threads”