Fires of Creation, Part III

Moderator: littleangryman

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Fires of Creation, Part III

Postby littleangryman » Sat May 30, 2015 8:24 pm

The circular door creaks open, sliding to one side into the wall, and the party ventures into the darkness beyond. The chambers withing are in ruins, having been picked over by the skulks and other visitors. The walls and floor of the slightly curved hallway that is the first room are made of smooth, dark gray metal. Panels of lighter material run along the ceiling eight feet above. the tunnel is blocked by rubble to the north and south, leaving the passageway to the east the only way forward. Faint movement can be discerned within.

The area is dark. Anyone who doesn't have a light source, note that those fire-beetle glands are still good.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Fires of Creation, Part III

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Harskgun, having darkvision, can see just fine. He peers into the darkness, trying to figure out what is moving.
(Perception to discern more of the movement: 1d20+3 = 18)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:02 am

Harskgun discerns another room at the end of the short hallway you're in, and spots another repair done. Unlike the previous one, this repair drone doesn't appear hostile, and in fact is going about its apparently intended function: effecting repairs on the vessel. The sheer magnitude of the damage to the ruin makes this a futile task, but an A for effort.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:09 pm

"There's another one of the repair-machine things ahead, this one looks like its trying to fix whatever this ruin is," Harskgun informs the others. He glances down at the metal floor, wondering if he can figure out what it is made of.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:49 pm

"I wish it luck in its endeavour," Manizei comments, smiling faintly but sounding utterly sincere. After all, the idea of ... whatever this is restored to it's former glory? She'd love to see that.
Unless it tried to kill them all. Apparently that was a common goal of ruin-builders in the past, which was quite a pity.
"Do you think its likely to just let us pass?" She asks Harskgun, her mismatched eyes dilating widely as she peers forwards into the darkness.

((OOC: Perception check needed, or can anyone with darkvision (such as Manizei) pretty much see the robot?)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:47 pm

(It's not really trying to be sneaky about it. Between darkvision, Niles' flashlight, and any other light sources you may have, you pretty much all know it's there by now.)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:34 pm

"Well, should we see what else we can find in here? Maybe Khonnir is trapped somewhere in these...whatever they are. Ruins?"

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:55 am

(Ah, guys? Your move?)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Nodding, Manizei moves to folow after the dwarf, her musket held ready,but otherwise taking no hostile action against the repair drone, at least until it starts doing something other than repairing.

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:42 am

"Forward we go!" Enalai says, stepping into line.
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 am

Seeing as you aren't really disturbing anything, the repair drone goes about its work. As you pass, it seems to pay some attention to you. Green lights emerge from its "head" and sweep up and own you bodies, doing no harm and ending with a short phrase in Androffan. (Niles can translate as: "Valid security badge detected. Have a nice day.") The drone does a double take on Enlali however, both verifying the presence of the access cards, and an additional scan besides. Finally the scan stops, and the drone says, "Radioactive particles detected. Scanning... done. Subject suffers from acute radiation sickness. Please report to the nearest decontamination facility immediately." The robot gestures towards the circular room through the doors, but hesitates momentarily before entering. It seems to be scanning the room. "Power failure detected." It leaves briefly, saying "Rerouting power from auxiliary subsystems. Please stand by," as it goes.

After a moment, the drone returns with some parts and gets to work. A moment later, the circular room's lights come on and the two strange machines on either wall, appearing to be coils of metal tubes with nozzles pointing into the room, hum to life.

"Biolock restored to partial functionality. Decontamination machinery operational. Full habitat module systems currently in standby mode. Please activate systems from Control Room. Have a nice day." And with that, it goes back to work.

The only way forward is through that "biolock." Who dares?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:32 am

"Get a badge and suddenly everyone is trying to cure you," Enlali says trying to shrug off her discomfort after being scanned. She looks a bit uneasy as she heads towards the chamber and peers in. "Not too sure I'm keen on taking orders from a hunk of metal."
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:41 pm

Harskgun, being somewhat familiar with this sciencey mumbojumbo, boldly steps through the biolock.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:25 am

Niles tries to remember if he's heard the term "Biolock" before.

(Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20+8+1d6= 18)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:16 am

Although she pauses hesitantly, Manizei soon foolows Harskgun's lead, although rather more warily.

Return to “Game Threads”