Fires of Creation, Part II

Moderator: littleangryman

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Fires of Creation, Part II

Postby littleangryman » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:30 pm

(Knowledge: Arcana or Dungeoneering to find out.)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

polahburr
Wolvermember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby polahburr » Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:13 pm

"I'd take a closer look, but..." Enlali grinned and waved her hand in front of her face. "Seems like this place has gotten a whole lot darker."
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Putting a comforting hand on Enali's shoulder, Manizei shakes her head as she adresses the previous question. "I'm afraid I have no idea, myself."
Then she turns to the halfling. "Do you want to wait a while, and se- in case your sight comes back?" She asks compassionately. "Or do you want us to take you back to Torch and s- check if anyone there can help your eyes?"
Last edited by Berryshine on Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:39 pm

"I believe her name is pronounced Enlali." Niles states, while continuing to prod the dead thing.

(Knowledge Arcana: 1d20+7= 25)

Iskarion relays any knowledge he gains about the creature to the party.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Niles, after sufficient poking and prodding, identifies the creature as a blindheim (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/addi ... #blindheim) and thus the fact that Enlali's sight should return after an hour or so.

There remains the choice of whether to proceed south, or back around north.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:58 pm

"I propose we move on since our bardiche-wielding friend will have her eyesight restored in less than an hour. Shall we continue southward?"

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:55 pm

"At a slow pace, aye. Or we could wait here for an hour, though I imagine any other beasties down here know we've arrived by now."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:04 pm

"If you don't mind helping me along, I'm perfectly happy to keep going," Enlali said to Manizei. "I probably can't mess too many things up walking around blind of an hour. Southward sounds good."

She nodded at no one in particular.
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:59 am

"I'll help you walk." Niles added.

"Lead on Manziel".

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:43 am

Nodding, and making sure that her musket is loaded once again, Manizei begins to move forwards down the southern tunnel warily. After all, it probably wasn't thecreature that attacked them that had been responsible for all these deaths. Something else has to be down here with them.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:27 am

(Emma? Your thoughts?)

(Also, while we're waiting on that, it's retcon time!)

Retcon 1: Emma's campsite in the stalagmite forest contains the only thing salvageable from her party after the fire beetles were done with them: an agate gem worth 55 GP. Whether or not she opts to share this is up to her.

Retcon 2: (Most of the rest of the stuff in this adventure pertaining to this deity is listed as DC 15, so we'll go with that, which means Harskgun did make that check after all.) Closer inspection of the amulet gives Harskgun further cause to worry about Parda's late companions, as he recognizes the pickaxe-like amulet as an unholy symbol of Zyphus, god of pointless and and accidental death.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

thespoonbender1
Glassteel Member

Postby thespoonbender1 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 am

Emma agrees to follow the group after suddenly being reminded of a gem remaining from the group she was with earlier, and shares this with the group

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:11 am

The party proceeds southwards down a very long corridor before coming into a decent-sized cave with a collection of crates, boxes, rubble, and scavenged metal lying heaped into the northwest section. The walls are marked with strange chalk drawings of twisted, spiny plants, a strange three-legged creature (having fought one already, most of you recognize it as a depiction of a repair drone), and emaciated four-armed humanoids.

Whoever's on point, give me a Perception check. (EDIT: I'm pretty sure that's Manizei. If you would please...)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:37 am

(One week rule)

All is quiet in this cave. There's the chalk drawing on the walls, the big pile of junk(?) and two passages, one to the south, the other to the southeast. Who does what?

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:28 pm

(I'm not sure how I missed there being posts on here, but clearly I did. Sorry.)

Frowning, Manizei gives the drawings a good look over. "I don't suppose anyone recognises any of thosethings?" she asks quietly. "Other than the picture of what we saved Val from?"
It was a long shot, considering how strange and unknown a lot of things around here were, but one worth take. Manizei's eyes keep drifting to the pile of junk, and she carefully moves into position to cover anyone if they decide to go looking through it.

Return to “Game Threads”