Fires of Creation, Part II

Moderator: littleangryman

thespoonbender1
Glassteel Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Fires of Creation, Part II

Postby thespoonbender1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:53 am

Meanwhile, that certain someone, lurks like a shadow in the cave.

She moves to be in sight and in earshot for a glorious entrance to the campaign.

"um... hi"

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 am

Looking up from reloading her musket - which she does not stop doing - Manizei gives the newcomer a wide, warm smile. "Hi!" she cals back. "Are you down here looking for anyone, too?"

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:06 pm

Enali begins shaking the ooze off and hears the faint greeting. While Menizei gave her greeting, Enlali steps forward slightly, posting her bariche in front of her, squaring her shoulders, and puffing out her chest. No reason not to balance out Menizei's genuine sweetness with a little posturing, right?
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Niles lowers his bow but keeps his arrow nocked.

"We were told a group of halfling adventurers ventured into these caves. Are you one of them?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

thespoonbender1
Glassteel Member

Postby thespoonbender1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 pm

"Yeah. Yeah they all died too! I've been trapped in here for days because my spell wore off so ive been hiding among the stalagmites. Its great you're here I thought I was going to die" She mainly addresses the friendly voice.

"I hoped there werent any more [mutters curse] beetles those [cursed] things killed everyone I was with. They ate this one male's face off. Just. Ate his face." She says with an expression of mild excitement. "But there's something worse"

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:30 am

"Go on." Niles, encourages.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:48 am

"Worse?" Harskgun asks as he cleans his blade and returns it to its holster.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:30 am

A strange bright light can be discerned at the other end of Emma's cave, and then suddenly goes dark.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

thespoonbender1
Glassteel Member

Postby thespoonbender1 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Emma looks freaked, though that's been a constant state of being while trying to avoid death in the caves.

she talks in a quieter voice now: "I do not know what that light could be. but there is a skulk tribe in here, they are pretty good at sneaking around. I am not exploring any more of this [cursed] cave unless someone is really good at sensing these [curses]. That light could(?) be related to one of the other expeditions but I have not seen most of them come back. and the second one was killed by the skulks, the last member of that party has been my only friend in here. she's dead too though. i dont like that she's rotting over there in the stalagmites."

she looks around at the party. "we need a plan."

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Niles thinks about his previous experience in Numerian Ruins to see if he knows anything about the light.

(Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20+1d6+7= 26)

Active Characters:

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:23 am

(No dice, Niles. Everyone give me Perception checks. Also, everyone place yourselves on the map please. Oh, and anyone who wants to try Knowledge: Dungeoneering, feel free to give that a go.)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:30 pm

(Perception: 1d20+5= 11)

"I'd suggest we explore this light a bit more." Niles said, peering down the cave.

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling

Postby Berryshine » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:36 pm

Moving up closer to Niles, Manizei peers in the direction of the light, her mismatched brown and grey eyes scanning the area briefly before turning to the new halfling.
"How many of your friends ar- were there?" she asks quietly. "I''ll try and bring them out of here with us once we're done. This ... isn't a good place to leave anyone."

((Perception: 1d20+1 = 11))

thespoonbender1
Glassteel Member

Postby thespoonbender1 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:24 pm

"oh, we can worry about that after we've found what we all came in here for. otherwise we'll become the dead friends for someone else"

perception: 1d20= 7

she goes down the slope to stand between/behind manizei and niles (hopefully it's not too steep a slope my climb check is 1d20-1=3)

"my name's emma. you can tell me all your names after we figure out what that light is"

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 am

Harskgun gazes towards the light, wondering if his dwarven eyes will see anything of note.

(Perception: 1d20+3 = 17)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Game Threads”