Fires of Creation, Part I

Moderator: littleangryman

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Fires of Creation, Part I

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 pm

"Well, count me in." Niles answers, as he begins to study to the robot's broken form.

"I came here to see the councilor in the first place. Besides, I'd like to help get Torch back in order if I can."

(Knowledge Engineering: 1d20+7+1d6(Inspiration)= 30)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:35 pm

Niels can tell that the robot was (as its babbling suggested) originally meant to effect repairs on complicated machinery. Some past event (presumably the Rain of Stars) done screwed it up good, and it could probably have done little more in combat than flail about ineffectually. Honestly, it's a wonder it could move at all. Oh, and it was shut down by a dagger and an arrow within the last minute or so. And someone with a musket blew its head up.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

polahburr
Wolvermember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby polahburr » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:28 pm

Well, that was easy! Enlali puts away her bardiche and says, "Of course. Anything to help." She walks towards the dwarf and offers her hand. "I'm Enlali. Did the Councillor tell you what he expected to find under the hill?"
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:18 am

"Of course," Manzei responds quietly, nodding. "I'd be happy to help any way I can."
She glances at the little girl. "I'll find him," she says, more to Val than to anyone else. "I promise."

sexcab4qt69
Copper Member

Postby sexcab4qt69 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 am

"Basically, a ragtag team of do-gooders blunder into the spooky hill," came a voice from the shadows. A pair of horrible demon eyes sizzled as the shadows were churned by some weird demon aura. A total babe with piebald and scaled flesh stepped into the lit part of the room, where literally everybody had gathered.
"Get torn apart by monsters, or felled by some other trap," she adjusted her hooded cloak in a prim and nonthreatening manner. "and leave the way clear for me to actually find Khonnir and bring him back. Alive." She gave them a level, unimpressed look. "Unless you decide to stop running toward screaming things. I can't possibly help you if you are always trying so hard to die."

Val probably gasped or made some other small, annoying sound. shadar looked in her direction and attempted to look sympathetic, and succeeded in a disingenuous cringe. "I bet you were going to go after him too huh? Right after me?"

It was obvious that Val and shadar iogoth have some contemptuous relationship, although there was no doubt that an addition to their party would be a good idea. Nobody had even seen her earlier, acting as if she weren't even there. Imagine!

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 am

Niles took a good moment before responding.

"...and you are?"

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Harskgun scowled as Shadar appeared, he still didn't fully trust the demon-touched bard. "Shadar." Turning back towards the human and the somewhat-human, he continued, "That would be Shadar, the Councillor's other daughter, so to speak. Why she was lurking in the shadows, I have no idea. As for what Khonnir expected to find under the hill, he didn't really tell anyone about what he's found down there before, but as Val said he did bring that contraption back from one of his previous trips into the hill."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Val sniffs at Shadar. "Nice of you to come running. Harskgun had to round up some total strangers to save me from a rampaging killer robot." Then she sighs and smiles. "Thanks, though. All of you. For helping me and going to rescue Daddy. I...I was about to close this place up without him here, but you guys can stay. I'm sure Daddy would want that. Now.... um.... I seem to have some cleaning up to do. You should probably go talk to the Council or something, they'll point you in the right direction."

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:22 am

Although most of her attention is on examining the robot, both to confirm that it is indeed dealt with and just to get a better look at it, Manzei's response to Shadar is merely to give her a warm smile, before turning to Val. "Are you going to be fine now? If there's anything you need after this, just let me know, alright?"

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:13 am

"Thanks, but I'll be fine. You guys just worry about your plan, and I'll take care of this place. And I'll be sure to watch your stuff, too."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:25 pm

"Well and good." Niles concluded, stepping away from the robot's shattered form.

"Though, if we're about to step bravely into the unknown together, we should probably introduce ourselves." He said, stowing his bow, and giving his collar a reassuring pull.

"I am Niles Iskarion. Technologist, linguist, and I've been crawling around Numerian ruins since I could, well, crawl."

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:20 pm

"Harskgun Ironhammer, an employee of the missing Councillor," the gruff dwarf replied, his cigar in hand, "I'm a smithy, and the only priest of Torag in these parts. I also make cigars on the side."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Looking up from where she was attending to her musket, Manizei gives those a warm smile, her mismatched brown and grey eyes taking the others in as they introduce themselves.
"Manizei of Kelesh," she introduces herself. "Worker of metal and knight of Shelyn."

sexcab4qt69
Copper Member

Postby sexcab4qt69 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:35 am

Shadar rolled her eyes during Harskgun's brief introduction, purposely trying to look bored but secretly relieved that her gloomy hiding spot didn't beg questions from the others. Although shadar's demonic nature and bard-given worldliness had granted her a pessimistic personality, she was absolutely right this time. Things were going to get shitty. She nodded in turn after each introduction.

At least shitty things make a hell of a story.

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Pulling up to her (in her opinion) very impressive height, Enlali says, "As I said, I'm Enlali." Then, after a momentary pause she looks distant. "I, uh. I don't really have a title. Or a job. Oh! I like messing around with scraps of metal! And gardening."

She paused again. This introduction did not end up being as impressive as she'd hoped it would be. She scratched at her matted hair and added, "I also hit stuff real good, so don't worry."
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Return to “Game Threads”