Fires of Creation, Part I

Moderator: littleangryman

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Fires of Creation, Part I

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:20 pm

"If we are indeed going to search for Concillor Bhaine, we should go inform the rest of the Council before we depart," Harskgun added, repeating Val's suggestion.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:42 pm

(Soooo.... heading off to see the Council, or still discussing it?)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:49 pm

(Update away)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

polahburr
Wolvermember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby polahburr » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:38 pm

(There's no way to upvote Drew's post, so I'll also toss in a vote for "we roll out".)
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:15 pm

Harskgun leads the rest of the newly-assembled group to speak to the Council about going into the hill to look for Khonnir.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:18 pm

At the council building, the group finds but one of the council's members: Dolga Freddert. She exchanges some pleasntries with Harskgun and Shadar, and introductions with the rest, before getting down to business. "You're here to go find Konnir? Excellent. I was hoping a solution to that problem would present itself.." She sighs. "I know rescuing Konnir is its own reward for these two, but for the rest of you... we're offering a reward of four thousand gold. Plus, we're keeping a scroll of resurrection handy in case he's dead. If he's not, well you can have that too. Also, if somebody manages to light the Torch again, there's another 4000 gold for that, but right now, what I care about is getting our wizard back.

As to how you get to the caves he was exploring, there's an underwater entrance to the caves connecting them to Weeping Pond." (DM's note: that's a little toxic pond in town. Drinking is a bad idea.) "Khonnir said he noticed a lot of human footprints on the banks of the pond- he was there the day the fire went out testing the water, to ensure it hadn't suddenly grown more toxic- and realized a large group of people had gone in but not come out. Seeing as you need to go underwater for that, Joram Kyte up at the temple of Brigh has offered to cast water breathing on any group going down there."

Dolga pauses and sighs. "Does anyone have any questions before departing?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:39 pm

"When I was exploring the town yesterday, I recall mention of a 'purple-haired woman' who was here just before the the light went out, and then disappeared. I don't suppose anyone else saw her?"

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Dolga sighs. "I've heard that rumor too. We can't go looking to arrest people on the basis of unusual hair color, otherwise every android in Torch would be in jail, to say nothing of the gnomes. That said... if you happen to find this individual under the Hill, and she does have something to do with the fire going out, she'll know a lot about what happened and why, I'd like her captured and questioned if possible."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:59 pm

"I'll ask her what she knows if we find her down their," Manizei nods. "And we will find the Councillor." She pause, glancing at the others.
"However ... I must ask if there is a way I could ... waive a share of those rewards. While I appreciate the gesture, I don't think I can actually accept it."

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:57 am

"More for everyone else, I suppose. Anyone else?"

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:13 pm

Enlali shook her head. "Seems pretty straight forward considering it's a total mystery." She grinned and scratched at her matter scalp.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:11 pm

(Well, that's a week. Moving on!)
On their way out, Dolga gives each party member a writ, good for a 20% discount on any supplies they might need to purchase, and (when they're finished shopping) directs to the Temple of Brigh, where they meet with Joram Kyte, the town's religious leader.

"Alright then. when you're ready, I'll cast water breathing on each of you, so you can get at those caves. Thanks to this metamagic rod here, it'll be good for six hours or so, so you may want to find your way back before those six hours are up. Nobody expects you to do this all in one go. You've probably heard, but little Val Baine has offered to let any group mounting expeditions under Black Hill to use the Foundry Inn as a place to rest between excursions. Just let me know when you're ready and we'll begin."

(As far as shops go, Dolga herself owns a smithy, the temple has a few things for sale, and there are a few other stores around as well)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:19 pm

Harskgun retrieves the rest of his armor, leaves some things in his room (like his holy text and metalworking tools), and purchases a waterproof bag (5 SP -> 4 SP) to hold other things. Following that, Harskgun waits for the others at the Temple of Brigh.

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:03 am

While she couldn't think of much that she might need, Enlali did procure some rope (hemp rope 1GP->80SP). Never know when you might need some rope. Eager yet slightly apprehensive, she heads to the Temple of Brigh. While she manages to stay optimistic, the gravity of Torch's situation tugs at her.

(Note: I intended for the above notation to represent the discount. If I was supposed to note something else, please let me know and I can make adjustments.)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 am

Iskarion is ready to go.

Active Characters:

Return to “Game Threads”