Fires of Creation, Part I

Moderator: littleangryman

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Fires of Creation, Part I

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Niles looks away from his papers in the direction of scream, pauses, and then begins heading in that direction.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

polahburr
Wolvermember
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby polahburr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:04 am

Enlali's breakfast-based fantasy was cut short by the sudden scream. Momentarily shocked, she stood still until she saw the thin, bookish guest leap into action. When you don't have a plan, head to the tavern, she thought again. She rushed after the man toward the scream.
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:38 pm

With little more than a blink of surprise, Manizei immediately follows her first impulse - run directly towards the screaming.
This is probably not the best response in a lot of cases, but at least it's the right one, at least to her.

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:24 pm

"Val!" Harskgun blurted out as he hears the scream, almost dropping his cigar into the flames of the forge. Knowing there'd be hell to pay from Khonnir if Val got hurt, he dashed out of the foundry towards the house, dagger in hand as he heads inside.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:27 am

The scream leads the brave adventurers to the small house behind the tavern, and the sounds of crashing and smashing and general mayhem lead them to what Harksgun recalls is a storeroom in the southeast corner of the building. The door burst open and out staggers a bizarre contraption on three spindly legs with a vaguely humanoid upper torso. It has clearly taken terrible, terrible damage at some point in the past, as evidenced by missing pieces of its chassis, exposed circuitry and wiring, and the tortured grinding noise it makes as it moves. It occasionally spouts short phrases in a language no one recognizes but Niels; he recognizes the language as Androffan and the words as nonsensical gibberish in which the word "repair" comes up a lot. It staggers about attempting to smash the door frame for a moment before noticing the assembled adventurers and concluding that they're in its way.

Roll initiative!
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:35 am

"It's malfunctioning! Take it down." Nile's urges, pulling out his shortbow.

(Initiative: 1d20+2=16)

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:50 am

Harskgun sees no sign of Val but knows that he can't search for her until the...thing...is dealt with.

(Initiative: 1d20+3 = 18)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:04 am

Unintelligent, then, Manizei decides, readying her musket. It'd be a shame to destroy something like this, but life, as always, comes first.
(Initiative: 1d20+3 = 10)

polahburr
Wolvermember

Postby polahburr » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:26 am

How hard could it be to take down one malfunctioning machine? Enlali smirks and pulls the heavy bardiche from her back, taking a wide stance.

(Initiative: 1d20+0=8)
"If you live long enough, you'll see that every victory turns into a defeat."
-Simone de Beauvoir, All Men Are Mortal

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:30 pm

(I intend to get a map set up at some point, but I don't think we need it for this one.)

Initiative order:
Harskgun
Niels
Manizei
Enlali
repair drone

Go!

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:58 pm

Harskgun charges at the mechanical creature with his dagger, shouting a prayer to Torag as he slashes at it.

(Attack: 1d20+5 = 24) (Crit Threat. Confirmation Roll: 1d20+5 = 21)
(Damage: 2*(1d6+1) = 10 slashing damage)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Niles knocks an arrow and fires it towards the robot, hoping to miss the dwarf.

(1d20+2-4(shooting into combat)= 15; 1d6=4)

Active Characters:

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:44 pm

Levelling her musket and taking careful aim, Manizei pauses for a moment, taking in the robot's form.
"I'm sorry," she murmurs quietly, before firing over the dwarf.

(OOC: Ranged attack: 1d20+5 -4 (firing into combat)= 19. 1d12 damage = 7)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 am

A couple of solid hits are enough to send the malfunctioning robot sputtering and sparking and finally its head explodes in tiny and comedic fashion, sending the rest of it slumping to the ground, inert. 200 XP.

Inside the storeroom, Val pokes her head out from under a table when she notices that the clatter has stopped. Seeing the repair drone dispatched, she crawls out and immediately dashes toward Harskgun to give him a great big hug. "Oh, thank you thank you! I just came in here to get something and that thing just jumped at me and started tearing the place apart! It's never moved before, not since Daddy brought it back from the caves a few days ago."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:54 pm

Harskgun breathes a sigh of relief upon seeing that Val was unharmed. "Glad to see you're in one piece, kiddo," the dwarf said with a smile as he put his knife away. Now that he was able to get a better look at the robot, he recognized it as the thing that Khonnir had indeed brought back from the caves - which he had been sure was permanently offline. "Well, I think we just got an even bigger reason to go find your father, if that thing just randomly started up...who knows what else is down there," he said, turning to the other three people who had followed him in. "Are you three interested in finding Councillor Baine? He's this girl's father, and he went missing under the hill a few days ago trying to find out what happened to the flame on the hill."

Return to “Game Threads”