Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby littleangryman » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:54 am

Malorix excuses himself so he can pop back to the jailors' rooms the group passed a moment ago, and hack a wooden stake out of the furniture. You know, vampire and all.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:52 pm

The group looks down the southern hallway and see the two iron doors still closed. Malorix has started his way west to go make the stakes that the group will need.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 13, 2016 4:51 pm

Daveed moves up and gets ready to do the thing.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon May 16, 2016 1:06 pm

Epicette readies the last of her arsenal: Mythic Haste spell, to cast the moment we see enemies... as Daveed prepares to storm the last holdout in the fortress.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon May 16, 2016 3:12 pm

Henric takes the opportunity to catch his breath and take stock of his remaining resources - low but not empty. Rather than risk a readied action expending precious resources firing on one of those seemingly invulnerable ghostly spawn, he'll take the lay of the room after Daveed opens it up.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed May 18, 2016 5:51 pm

Cernandlon readies a regular arrow for combat, his stockpile of the more sophisticated ammunition too low to expend immediately.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:00 am

Are you guys waiting for Malorix to make the stakes are are you going ahead now?
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:51 am

(I think we're good to go)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:10 am

Malorix makes it back to the bedchamber, and is able to pick out his target. Next round he will be able to attack the wooden chair to start making stakes.

Daveed is able to open the door and the group sees a dank hall extending 20ft and declining gently to a room with a restraining table. The sharp tang of fresh blood hangs heavy in the air. You see 1 closed door directly ahead. You don't see any sign of the clouds or vampires.

(Apologies for the long overdue post. I hope to get this game started up again if everyone is still interested in continuing.)
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Malorix identifies a particularly promising piece of wood and gets to work. (attack:13+12=25, damage 1+3=4)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:51 pm

Cernandlon continues to keep his arrow readied.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:52 am

Daveed pushes the door in, weapon and shield at the ready.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Epicette slowly creeps up after Daveed, Haste spell at the ready.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:19 am

(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:06 am

XP for the end of Part 3:

Clearing out the vampires, and ending the wailing madness grants you a total of 8000 XP

105000/155000 (10th level)

Gear:
THe head vampire has the following:
Wand of Death Knell (39 charges)
+1 Shadow Studded Leather armor
+1 Vicious dagger

The books Henric noted: 300 volumes grant a bonus on Knowledge(planes) checks and is worth an estimated 2000gp.

The party still has Staunton and Joram in custody, and you learn that the captured caster is called Chorussina.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”