Part 3: Into the Citadel

Moderator: Squall255

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Part 3: Into the Citadel

Postby littleangryman » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:53 am

Things are looking pretty grim for Malorix. He channels his sadly reduced energy to attempt to harm the undead (4d6 b/c negative levels: 6+4+4+2=16) and then pulls back, having exhausted the last of his juice for the day. Also: Know religion: (11+12-2=21)

(And that's it, to the best of my knowledge, I'm dry.)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:17 pm

(Know[religion] 9+8 = 17)

Epicette tries to use her stretchy hair to Heal-touch S2... however her aim with the wildly flailing hair continues to be terrible
( Heal Hex; 6+7 = 13 attack; 16 positive energy damage )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 pm

Malorix's channel seems to miraculously affect the spectre with full force, but it begins to stabilize it's blurry form shortly.

Epicette however, his having a bad hair day and just can't seem to get those locks of hers under control. Maybe she needs more conditioner.

The ghostly paladin strikes out at Daveed, reaching through the paladin's armor and chilling him to the bone. (take 7 damage, and 2 negative levels).

As all of the vampire spawn are off the map, I'm just going to lump the rest of you together. Everyone is up, and the spectre is still looking healthy.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Henric shrugs and fires a pair of bolts of acid at the specter (Scorching Ray, because weirdly I have more second level slots left than anything else).

(Attack 1: 1d20+10=22 touch, 4d6+6=18 acid)
(Attack 2: 1d20+10=26 touch, 4d6+6=20 acid)

(SR, just in case: max(2d20)+10=29)

(EDIT: Not sure where the extra CL boost was coming from; removing bolt 3 to be safe)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:04 pm

The dread touch pf the spectre chills Daveed like nothing he's ever felt. Hopeful to not suffer such a thing again, he presses his attack.

(full attack vs remaining spectre. CE engaged

Attack 1: 1d20+14-2= 20; 1d8+7+1d6= 10+2 [cold iron, ghost touch, magic, slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+9-2= 11; 1d8+7+1d6= 15+5 [cold iron, ghost tough, magic, slashing]

AC: 30, touch 13)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Cernandlon decides to stop trying to use physical weapons and use his other abilities instead. He blasts the spectre with a sickly black ray with his free hand!

(Standard Action [Disrupt Pattern, Deadly Aim, Point-Blank Shot]: 1d20+11 = 29 touch attack)
(Damage: 2d6+9 = 21 magic damage from supernatural ability)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:23 pm

Epicette tries to heal-hex the ghost again...
She misses (rolled 6 again!)
<_<
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:32 pm

As the party, weary from all the fighting, continues to put up it's best resistance, the fallen paladin takes all their blows while moaning in pain and despair before lashing out at Daveed.

Henric felt no spell resistance to his rays, Daveed missed his second swing, and Cernandlon hit but felt his damage reduced due to the creature's incorporeality.

Daveed takes 1 incorporeal touch damage, and 2 negative levels.

The party is up again (and Malorix can take last rounds action if he wants, which would resolve before the paladin's attack)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 am

(Sorry about that. Two passes, please. I've got nothing really left.)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:58 pm

Henric delays until after Daveed and Cernandlon act to try and save spell slots for the inevitable fight coming in the next room.

While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:29 pm

Epicette tries to 'heal' the ghostly paladin... again
( touch attack 11+7 = 18; damage 24 positive energy )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:03 pm

With Epicette's touch, the spectre shrieks in pain and begins to dissipate. Within 6 seconds there is no trace of him left.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:29 pm

Epicette moves up and peaks around the corner with the paladin's demise. The doors are closed to just to see if there's anything in front. Given what we know of the level, it's very likely the other undead fled into a dead end corridor and are either resorting to some sort of magical escape or prepared for a last stand.
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:01 pm

Cernandlon moves up towards the closed doors as well, preparing to scout out the area once the others are ready.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl

Postby Laharl » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:50 pm

Henric also wearily moves up.

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”