Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Cernandlon doesn't particularly like having a giant bat all up in his face, so he 5' climbs away from the bat (out of its threat zone), refocuses his energies to greater harm animals, and lets loose a ray of psionic energy.
(Free Action: 5' Climb)
(Move Action: Refocus, Active Type is now Animal)
(Standard Action: Disrupt Pattern at B1)
(Attack: 1d20+11 = 31 touch (Crit Confirmation: 1d20+11 = 24 touch))
(Damage: 4d6+6 = 19 magic, healing the target receives is halved for 3 rounds)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:10 am

Fiendish Dire Bat 1 suffers a mighty blow but is still barely staying airborne.

T1 and T3 throw knives at Cernandlon. T1 misses, and T3 actually fumbles and hit his own rope while trying to throw. Not enough to sever it but it definitely gave him a scare.

T2 throws a knife at Malorix but it bounces off the cleric's armor.

T4 walks his way partially around the pillar and whips a dagger at Epicette for 6 damage! (add another Mwk Dagger to your spleen, I mean inventory)

4 more bolts fly at Henric and two of them manage to hit for 2 and 6 damage (8 total).

Epicette Daveed and Malorix are up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:19 am

Daveed charged towards A1 to deliver what is hopefully the final blow against it.

(Charge, CE engaged
Charge: 1d20+17= 27; 1d8+7= 15 [cold iron, magic, slashing])
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:26 am

Since (according to the map legend) it's at more or less ground level, Malorix will move up and attack B1. (17+12=29, damage 9+3=12)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:57 am

Daveed's strike causes A1 to slump over dead.

Malorix is much more surprised when his strike causes the fiendish dire bat to wink out of existence.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Epicette grows tired of farming daggers and throws a Mythic Sleep Hex at T4. If whatever magic he is using somehow keeps him on the wall, she moves within 10ft of him.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:30 am

T4 falls asleep , letting go of his rope and falling 30ft to the ground below, a terrible way to wake up from a 2 second nap.

Henric takes 5 points of acid damage (pre resistance) from the goo still clinging to him.

this time a fireball comes from the bridge towards Henric for 24 fire damage (before resist, failed ref save in private chat)

Henric is up.
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:07 am

Henric continues to ignore the acid, but the fire hurts. A lot. (24/71 remaining) Slightly singed, he flies under the bridge (double move), joining everyone else.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:17 am

Henric successfully moves. The Man Eating Auroch's are dead. Cernandlon is up.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 am

Seeing that the large animals are no longer on the ground, Cernandlon dodges the attack from the bat as he rejoins his comrades on the ground.
(Squall rolled a 16 on the AoO)

Now able to use his bow again, Cernandlon lines up a shot at the bat and looses an arrow.
(Attack [Steel Arrow, Deadly Aim, Vital Strike]: 1d20+15 = 25)
(Damage: 2d6+9+2d6+2d6+3 = 22) [2,2,1,2,1,2...WTF dice?!]
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:47 pm

Cernandlon's arrow strikes but the bat continues to stay up.

4 more tieflings rappel all the way down to the ground while T1 pulls out another dagger and whips it at Epicette but misses.
T2 climbs the rest of the way down and pulls out a crossbow.
T3 5ft steps along the pillar and draws a dagger.
T4 stands up and draws a rapier.

Epicette
Daveed
and Malorix are up.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Epicette decides to put an end to the reinforcements coming from the left side. She takes a spin through the air to verify their positions, moves back, and uses Wild Arcana to [strike]summon Cthulhu[/strike] cast Black Tentacles, centered 10ft up on AK20. A mass of tentacles erupt out of the floor and pillars, grappling every foe on the left side except T5 and turning much of the ground/air into "rough terrain" due to obstruction.

(further details <censored> due to graphic content)

Grapple checks / damage dealt if grappled (1d6+4):
T1: 16+15 = 31; 7 damage
T3: 8+15 = 7; 6 damage
T4: 6+15 = 21; 5 damage
T6: 10+15 = 25; 10 damage
T7: 19+15 = 34; 10 damage
T8: 7+15 = 22; 7 damage
B2: 16+15 = 31; 5 damage

CMD30 (10+15+5) to break from Grapple.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:52 pm

T3 notices Epicette begin casting and hurls another Mwk Dagger at her for 6 damage.

Unfortunately for the tieflings, Epicette's focus is strong and the dagger does not break her concentration.

T1 is grappled and damaged
T3 manages to get out of the way
T4 also is able to leap away from the tentacles
T6 is grappeld and takes damage (not that any of you see it)
T7 is grappeld and takes damage (not that any of you see it)
T8 manages to get away form the wriggly doom.
B2 has a tentacle wrap around it and then vanishes.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:35 pm

Content that the tentacles will do their part on this side of the bridge, Daveed rushes to close the distance with T2.

(Charge, CE enaged
Attack: 1d20+17= 24' 1d8+7= 11 [cold iron, magic, slashing])
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:37 pm

Malorix moves over to Henric and casts cure moderate wounds on him (8+5+8(caster level)=21 hp restored)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”