Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Epicette:

"Well, unless Daveed has any objections, I'm guessing it'll be up to Irabeth to command the paladins. Meanwhile Aron suggested Anevia to take the rangers' command, which I'm fine with. Her combat style already gives her plenty of experiences with ranged skirmishing tactics, and the rangers have been trained to conduct hit and run while avoiding a close melee. Since Anevia is less used to shouting at a large group, I also suggest putting Sosiel with her so she can have some spell and morale support on the order giving (aka Charisma booster)."

"My recommendation for the battle is simple: at dawn, the army with move up to the Southbank plateau from the east, into a good position and begin volleying the cultist armies with their bows. The two armies will take a staggered formation with the rangers to the side and slightly behind the paladins. This should entice the enemy to engage our heavier troops first and -- if they try to outmaneuver us -- allows the paladins to mount a cavalry charge into their flanks. The paladins will hold their position and eventually engage the enemy in melee, while the rangers will keep their range to pour a steady stream of arrows against the enemy's flanks."

"Based on how the enemy army is scattered all over Southbank, the command team would have to move through the riverbed to stay undetected. I suggest we move up to still under the bridge under cover of darkness and levitate/fly up to engage the enemy. Daveed?"

(also Drew don't forget to entrust your Horn of Assured Victory to someone 8-) )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:45 am

"I would suggest entering the city from a decidedly south-west position. Though it will put the armies closer the graveyard, it will also interpose the army between the bridge and any reinforcements. It will also provide more distance for enemy relief to travel from Paradise Hill.

My command squad will enter the city from the West, using the Ahari riverbed as cover, just as Epi suggested. We begin our assault just before the main battle begins. Irabeth, you will lead the Knights. Take Aravashnial with you for some extra spellpower. Anevia and Sosiel will lead the Descendants.

I think this goes without saying, but no enemy soldiers must slip through towards the bridge."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:32 am

DM notes on Daveed's plan:
This setup will take the soldiers an hour and a half to get into position to the south, and the strike party 2 hours to get to the west side of the map. It will take the strike party an additional 30 minutes to make it to the bridge.
based on you will be waking up at 5AM with breakfast ending at 6AM.
You can take down the camp, or leave some men there to defend it (This will reduce the current and max HP of each army by 1 until the men rejoin). Or you can leave Gwerm alone in the camp and hope it isn't raided while you're away.

leave the camp up: attack starts as early as 7:30AM, with the strike crew hitting the bridge at 8:30AM
Break Down Camp: attack starts as early as 9:30AM with the strike crew (not needed for breaking down the camp) still hitting the bridge as early as 8:30AM.

Attacking from the east is a 15 minute delay from the time you leave camp, with 60 minute Strike team delay[they have to travel farther from the east] starting after those 15 minutes.

Timeline for this day:
see procedure post until 1PM:
Camp begins being setup at 1PM, while the scout crew (Cernandlon and Anevia) set off to scout the area.
6PM: Scout crew returns and dinner is prepped.
7PM: Scout crew is debriefed and the planning meeting begins (that is how you have the map and knowledge of the local area) Debrief takes about 30 minutes.

Sunrise is around 7AM and sunset is around 8PM at this time of year (It is currently end of Arodus[August] in a northern climate [I approximated using , let me know if there is a better city to use.])
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:36 am

Not really wanting to risk leaving the camp behind unattended, Epicette suggests we aim for a 9AM attack with a rushed camp packing (shave 30min off). The command party will get into position first but wait for 30min before launching the strike and seize the bridge.

(I just realized: since the scouting was known to take a long time anyway and we set up camp at noon, Epicette will take 4hrs finishing up work on the Lyre of Building as it'll be needed tomorrow)
[Spellcraft 6+18=24 vs DC21 (5+6CL+5spell+5accel)]
[Total Cost: 13,000 x 28.33% = 3682.9gps]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 pm

Daveed thinks Epi's plan is a sound one.

Strike Team Ahari: The PCs

Knight of Kenabres Leadership: Irabeth, Aravashnial, Aaron Kir

Descendants Leadership: Anevia, Sosiel, Millorn

Let's do this.

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 pm

The day dawns and the soldiers quickly pack their gear to move out.
Strike Team alpha leaves as this is starting and begins to make it's way into position.

I need 10 Stealth checks from everyone. These checks represent 2 minutes travel each.

Cernandlon may make a special Stealth Ranks + Cha check in addition to each check to aid everyone in being stealthy.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:59 pm

Cernandlon buffs himself with Chameleon.
1d20+27 → [5,27] = (32)
1d20+27 → [8,27] = (35)
1d20+27 → [13,27] = (40)
1d20+27 → [18,27] = (45)
1d20+27 → [9,27] = (36)
1d20+27 → [10,27] = (37)
1d20+27 → [4,27] = (31)
1d20+27 → [12,27] = (39)
1d20+27 → [6,27] = (33)
1d20+27 → [9,27] = (36)

Cernandlon attempts to lead the group of totally unstealthy people.
1d20+3+8-1 → [20,3,8,-1] = (30)
1d20+3+8-1 → [6,3,8,-1] = (16)
1d20+3+8-1 → [13,3,8,-1] = (23)
1d20+3+8-1 → [20,3,8,-1] = (30)
1d20+3+8-1 → [19,3,8,-1] = (29)
1d20+3+8-1 → [2,3,8,-1] = (12)
1d20+3+8-1 → [15,3,8,-1] = (25)
1d20+3+8-1 → [2,3,8,-1] = (12)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Henric is Very Stealthy. If you listen closely, you can hear his theme music playing as he tiptoes exaggeratedly along.

1d20+4 → [5,4] = (9)
1d20+4 → [1,4] = (5)
1d20+4 → [17,4] = (21)
1d20+4 → [8,4] = (12)
1d20+4 → [5,4] = (9)
1d20+4 → [12,4] = (16)
1d20+4 → [1,4] = (5)
1d20+4 → [19,4] = (23)
1d20+4 → [8,4] = (12)
1d20+4 → [12,4] = (16)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:13 pm

"Stealth" Checks

1. 1d20-6= -3
2. 1d20-6= 11
3. 1d20-6= 2
4. 1d20-6= 7
5. 1d20-6= -2
6. 1d20-6= -5
7. 1d20-6= 3
8 1d20-6= 12
9. 1d20-6= 10
10. 1d20-6= 7

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:22 pm

Henric gets a flash of inspiration and makes the whole party invisible (Wild Arcana for Invisibility Sphere) before they start stealthing. (Duration: 10 min)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:02 pm

Night 6 Actions:
Epicette sets up the Unseen Crafters to making more Stillgut [Pf:ARG]
Craft progress (25x2)*20[DC]/7 + 71 = 213/500sp

Continue work on Stardust Cascade (Cackle hex section next)
[Spellcraft 13+18=31 vs DC21 (5+6CL+5spell+5accel)]

Recharge Wand of Modify Memory (party goods)(3+1=4 charges)

---

In morning...

Epicette prepares her empty slots with Assay Spell Resistance (Lv4), Web (Lv2), and Blend (Lv1)

She gives Eclair (the skunk! lol) to Sosiel, with strict orders not to stink up anything except foes who are attacking Sosiel up close. The Rangers are coming slightly behind the paladins, so this allows Epicette to know when both of them are within 1 mile (empathy range).

Stealth 10 checks:
1+3 = 4
20+3 = 23
11+3 = 14
17+3 = 20
3+3 = 6
3+3 = 6
17+3 = 20
14+3 = 17
18+3 = 21
12+3 = 15
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:51 pm

Un-stealth checks:

"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:15 am

The adventuring party makes it's way slowly down the riverbed trying it's best to keep quiet. As they make it to where the cemetery is, they hear some ghouls looking for the source of Malorix and Daveed's clanging. The invisibility spell is starting to wear out and Cernandlon instructs everyone to find cover in case the spell ends. Fortunately the 5 or 6 ghouls near the edge decide to look away for a few moments and you sneak out immediate sight range just as the spell wears off. You have a few more close calls but Cernandlon's instruction proves true.

You are now about 300ft. from the bridge and take up hiding positions. Within about 10 minutes you hear a horn call in the distance and know that it's time to strike.

The embankments near the bridge are steep (Climb check needed) The bridge stands before you, looking a little weak through years of use. 4 large herd animals seem to be chained to the support pillars. Perception checks are recommended.

Roll Initiative, post any active buffs you have, and give a standard action surprise round. You may also try to make stealth checks to advance up closer before the surprise round triggers.

*map is up. monster A is chained to Pillar P designated by number. A1 <-> P1, etc.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:24 am

(Perception: 1d20+16= 28
Initiative: 1d20=14)

"We should take out those beasts while we're down hear, then Henric can float me up to distract the bridge detachment while the rest of you scale the riverbed". Daveed urged, moving towards the bridge.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:43 am

( Initiative 10+7 = 17 )
( Perception 14+13 = 27 )

"Wait," Epicette stops Daveed, swiveling to Malorix and waits for any buffs he'd cast. Then...

"Better idea..." she turns, leans back to do a weird pose, and stretches out to touch a part of her arm to Daveed, Malorix, and Cernandlon...

"Dimension Door" (1 mythic point, Wild Arcana for Dimension Door at CL10 [me + 3 other creatures]

The party blinks and suddenly finds themselves under the bridge near one of the pillars, with Malorix and Daveed just a step away from sword's reach to one of the four beasts.

"Ta dah~!"

( Henric gets to fly )

( Buffs: Greater Mage Armor, Threefold Aspect, Flight Hex )
|

()

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”