Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Postby Laharl » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:58 am

Henric pauses momentarily before firing one smaller glob of acid at T5 (Lesser Orb of Acid).

Attack: 1d20+11=30 touch
Damage: 4d8+8=29 acid

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:33 pm

(Apparently I can't read...)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:04 pm

Cernandlon attempts to shoot T6 this time.

(Attack [Deadly Aim, Vital Strike, Durable Arrow, Psionic Shot, Disrupt Pattern]: 1d20+17 = 31)
(Damage: 1d8+9+1d8+2d6+2d6+3 = 32 damage, all healing done to the target is halved for 3 rounds)

Cernandlon regains psionic focus.
(Move action)

(HP: 98/98)
(AC: 21)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:25 am

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:27 am

Results: Your team took down a MYTHIC CHIMERA and achieved Mythic Tier 2. In absorbing this power, you take a breath for a minute and return to your prisoners under the bridge. You feel reinvigorated (Treat as having full 8 hour rest and all spells and expendable abilities restored).

Loot and XP to come later.

After you loot, your armies manage to finish off the Southbank enemies and rejoin you at the bridge. They are still fairly strong and impressed with the sight of the dead chimera.

Daveed and Epicette resume their command for the final storming of the keep. (No real planning for this, but if you want to talk to any of the NPC's now is a good time for a little RP if you'd like).
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 am

Before heading back to the bridge, Epicette examines the catapult on the tower (engineering 10+15 = 25) and takes away a number of critical components, rendering it inoperable. She'll stow these components for now in case they want to repair it later, like after taking the citadel.

She takes an invisibility potion from the party loot cache, just in case (although the supplies cache is probably on me anyway, since I track it and have extradimensional storage), then flies over to check out the other three towers. If they're abandoned like suspected, she disables their catapult in the same manner. If not, we'll see what the information is...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:10 pm

Daveed uses Detect Evil on the two captives from the bridge detachment, trying to age how evil they are.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:01 pm

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:30 am

Gear found on the bridge:

Caster boss:
Potion Cure Moderate Wounds
Wand of Dimension Door (9 charges)
Amulet of Natural Armor +1
Cloak of Resistance +2

On each of the 8 tieflings you find the following:
+1 Rapier
3 mwk daggers
Mwk Light Crossbow
30 bolts
+1 Studded Leather Armor

The Demons have no gear that you can find. (Feel free to craft[Alchemy] to notice Alchemic components)
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:41 am

(Craft [Alchemy]: 1d20+9 = 23)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:46 am

alchemy 11+13 = 24
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Ledger updated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

Note that we now have 2 amulets of natural armor +1, a belt of constitution +2, and a cloak of resistance +2
|

()

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:37 pm

(Anyone mind if I claim an Amulet of Natural Armor +1? My AC is a little low for the aggro I can draw.)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:02 am

Daveed suggests that loot would best be divided after combat actions had ceased, and suggests moving out to regroup with the armies.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:02 am

5000XP for these fights.

Epicette is able to successfully disable the 4 catapults.

Cernandlon is able to gather about 500gp of alchemical components from the dead demons.

Your group meets up with the rest of your armies in about 20 minutes. (Around 1000-1030)

Locations still left:

Citadel Courtyard
-Main enemy force
-has defensive fortifications granting bonus to DV
-Large army of cultists
-Large army of Tieflings
-Medium army of Dretches

Paradise Hill
-Still has prisoners to be rescued
-medium army of Schir demons
-enemy has no ranged ability
-has significant defensive bonus due to being in many buildings
-Anevia has been able to scout granting Battlefield Advantage (+2 OM and DV)

Cemetery
-large army of ghouls
-Anevia has been able to scout granting Battlefield Advantage (+2 OM and DV)

After seeing the enemies you took down, and their earlier victory this morning (with only 5 casualties), your army's morale could not possibly be higher. You automatically succeed on any morale checks.

Valid Assumptions:
Attacking the Citadel will draw the paradise hill army to aid in the citadels defense. This will probably not end well for the prisoners
Not attacking the Citadel will give the enemy time to deploy their troops and set traps, raising their DV as well as giving a few one time bonuses to OM.
No real idea of what the Ghouls are going to do.
Defensive position bonus is reduced vs Rangers thanks to favored terrain.

Loot: They found a stockpile of crusader gear. This improves the Paladin's DV by 1, and the rangers DV by 2
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”