Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Moderator: Squall255

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 2: Siege of Drezen

Postby Laharl » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:14 am

Henric casts Fly on himself.

Init: 1d20+8=9
Perception: 1d20+11=26

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:05 pm

( placed everyone except Henric on map to note out-teleport location. Take your surprise actions =P )

Epicette notes of the beasts: "Man-eating Aurochs, resistant against slashing and good at trampling; don't think cutting them loose will do us any favors."

( combat order: Epicette > Daveed > Malorix > Henric > Cernandlon )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 pm

(Perception: 1d20+13 = 21 (23 vs Traps or Evil Outsiders)
(Initiative: 1d20+4 = 10)

Cernandlon doesn't like having been teleported dangerously close to melee range with large creatures that could open a giant hole in his gut with their horns.
(Standard Action, manifest Defensive Precognition (augmented for 4 PP for +2 insight to AC/saves)

(If someone who goes before me in the order attacks, I will revise. Otherwise: Dafuq you doing teleporting us in close to these things?!)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 am

(Perception: 15+6=21
Initiative: 2+3=5)

Malorix buffs the party with Bless. Upon porting in, he casts Prayer as well.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:47 pm

Daveed looks dizzy for a moment, but then quickly snaps into his combat stance.

(Activating my Scale of Terendelev)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:50 am

The beasts seem somewhat surprised by your appearance and begin to make some noise while glaring at you.

Epicette, Daveed, Malorix and Henric are up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:06 pm

Epicette flies up 30ft and over, pulls out her Lyre of Building, and plays a few chords to activate it's first effect:

all inanimate construction within 300ft are now invulnerable to attacks for the next 30min
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:02 pm

Daveed steps up to the beastie nearest to him and slashes towards its face.

(Combat Expertise engaged, full attack
Attack 1: 1d20+15= 26; 1d8+7= 14 [cold iron, slashing]
Attack 2: 1d20+10= 27; 1d8+7= 10 [cold iron, slashing]

AC 26)

Daveed, noticing that his weapon is of little use against the creature's hide, opts to attempt to move out of the way. He is not successful.

(Reflex: 1d20+8= 9)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Malorix takes a step toward the same beast and whacks it good. Or attempts to. (12+13+1=26, damage 6+3+1=10; 16+7+1=24, damage 3+3+1=7)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:22 am

Henric flies 120' towards everyone else.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Malorix and Daveed hit with every strike but find their slashing weapons are having trouble on the creatures tough hair covered hide.

A1 sees a target in his range and charges, trampling cernandlon for 19 damage(May AoO at -4 or Ref save for half)

A2 sees you and rushes towards your group trying to gore Daveed but his horns are deflected off of the paladin's armor.

A3 tries to trample Daveed and Malorix for 18 damage (May AoO at -4 or Ref save for half). However as he continues his movement towards and through them, he reaches the end of his chain. The now invulnerable chain jerks the beasts head causing it to turn and loose balance falling prone while still partially in Daveed, Malorix, and A1's squares. Malorix and Daveed get an AoO.

A4 is also out of range and moves in to try to trample next round.

Summary:
A3 has some wounds and is Prone

Cernandlon gets AoO @-4 or Ref vs A1

Malorix gets AoO @-4 or Ref vs A3
Malorix gets AoO vs A3

Daveed gets AoO @-4 or Ref vs A3
Daveed gets AoO vs A3

Cernandlon is up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Dexterity being Malorix's dump stat, he'll take the damage and the AoO. 19+12+1-4=28. Confirm 16+12+1-4=25. damage 10+3=13, 9+3=12

EDIT: Eric has kindly reminded me that you need to burn a feat to get more than one of these. Derp.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Cernandlon dodges out of the way of A1.
(Reflex Save: 1d20+18 = 26, Evasion means no damage.)

Cernandlon continues his dodge, moving back away from A1 (5' step) before shooting at A3 with one of his adamantine arrows.
(Attack [Deadly Aim, Vital Strike, Durable Adamantine Arrow, Psionic Shot]: 1d20+15 = 28)
(Damage: 2d8+7+2d6 (Psionic Shot) + 1 (Point Blank Shot) + 1 (Prayer) = 27 Magic Piercing Adamantine damage)

(Move Action: Regain psionic focus)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:37 am

Daveed fails to dodge the angry bull like creature while Malorix manages to land a solid blow while being trampled. Cernandlon's arrow finishes the beast.

Hearing the music from below the bridge 2 ropes come down the sides of the bridge and two tieflings begin shimmying down with a surprising agility (they are 30ft off the ground now) and call up that they see intruders.

Someone(s) seem to have noticed Henric! 4 crossbow bolts fly his way and 3 of them manage to hit dealing 5, 8, and 2 damage.

Epicette Daveed and Malorix are up.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:49 am

Daveed, noticing that his sword was rather ineffective against the creatures, was about to try pummeling them with the hilt and his gauntlet, when he caught Henric closing. Instead, he opted a defensive stance, called out a warning to Mallorix.

"Henric's closing, get ready to move!"

(CE active. Readying a move action to clear the blast radius (if there is one).
AC 26

Ref vs. Trample: 14)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”