Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:46 pm

Most of you are able to shrug off the silence effect that was placed around you. However the Ghouls have your number! Thee two ghouls move up and attack Daveed (1 AoO vs G1)

G1 is ofput by the opening he left and critically fumbles his bite attack and you see him wince as a piece of his tongue falls on the floor.
G2 seems to be more on the ball and manages to bite Daveed for 2 damage (immune/resistant to both Fort save effects)

Cernandlon, Epicette, and Daveed are up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Cernandlon is silenced, but this doesn't really affect him much. So he shoots both ghouls with steel arrows.
[Swift Action: Wind Reader]

(Attack vs G1 [Deadly Aim]: 1d20+12+2 = 26)
(Damage: 2d6+9 = 14 Magic piercing damage)

(Attack vs G2 [Deadly Aim]: 1d20+7+2 = 20)
(Damage: 2d6+9 = 18 Magic piercing damage)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:55 pm

Both arrows strike solidly and weaken the ghouls but they are still up and >50%
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:47 am

(AoO vs. G1: 1d20+14= 22; 1d6+6= 10 [magic, slashing, cold iron])

Daveed doesn't seem to register either G1's shenanigans or G2's minor attack, instead staring down the mace-wielding creature in the next room. His sun-mark flares and he steels himself to cut his way through to the true target.

(Two attacks vs. G2, Combat Expertise Engaged)
Attack 1: 1d20+12= 23; 1d6+6= 11 [magic, slashing, cold iron]
Attack 2: 1d20+ 7= 21; 1d6+6= 9 [magic, slashing, cold iron])

"Cernandlon! Strike again!" He commands after his own attacks.

(Burning one use of MP to activate Decisive Strike (swift action): Cernandlon makes one attack that ignores DR and receives a +1 to attack).
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:14 am

Epicette rushes around the bodies to flank G1 with Daveed, and casts healing hex on it.

( attack: 9+5+2flank = 16 touch )
( damage: 9+7 = 16 positive )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:46 am

Between it's own fumbling, the AoO, the arrow, and the Positive Energy, G1 is severely wounded. G2 takes both slashes from Radiance and isn't faring much better.

the other figure looks menacingly back at Daveed and takes flight, his eyes and weapon glowing with an unholy light. He lunges forward, trying to attack Daveed over the Ghoul by planting his legs on the wall over the doorway and doing a one handed club through the frame. Try is the operative word in that sentence because he clips his own wing with his weapon and barely recovers his landing afterwards. (Flyby attack and cursed nat 1's)

Malorix and Henric are up.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:39 pm

Cernandlon takes the opportunity to shoot again at G2, hoping to clear the path for Daveed.

[Wind Reader still in effect]
[Expending psionic focus for +2d6 damage instead of +1 damage]
(Attack vs G2 [Deadly Aim]: 1d20+12+2 = 20)
(Damage: 2d6+8+2d6 = 22 Magic piercing damage)

BUFFS/DEBUFFS
Psionic Focus: NO
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 pm

Cernandlons arrow strikes the ghoul in the temple and it falls over dead.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:46 am

Malorix steps over to G1 and attacks him. (11+11=22, if hit, 6+3=9 damage)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:45 am

Henric realizes he's silenced, frowns, and then pulls out a barely-used crossbow and takes a shot at G1 if it's still up.

Attack: 1d20+6=10
Damage: 1d6=3

(All my spells have verbal components...also what did I get on my knowledge check?)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:41 am

Henric's crossbow bolt goes high and tings off of the stone wall.

G1 angry at the positive energy damage retaliates at Epicette, managing to land a bite for 7 damage and requiring 2 Fort saving throws (1st vs disease, 2nd paralysis) but misses both claw attacks.

Then the door to the courtyard opens and in rush two more ghouls! one moving to flank Epicette, and the other moving to bite Henric!

G4 manages to land it's bite for 3 damage Henric needs to make 2 fort saves (same as Epicette).

Cernandlon Epicette and Daveed are up.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:23 pm

"Cernandlon. Malorix. Deal with the ghouls." Daveed said, a vision of calmness in the chaos of renewed combat. His eyes, sun-mark, and blade then flared with the power of the sun, as he stepped forward to challenge the half-fiend.

(Engaging Smite Evil vs. Nuk, Move Action, Single Attack, Combat Expertise Engaged
Attack: 1d20+16= 27; 1d6+13= 15 [ignores DR] (or 1d6+20= 22 if evil outsider

AC 25, 29 vs. Nuk)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:48 pm

( Fort 19 vs disease, fail[nat2] vs paralysis )
( hurray! )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:15 pm

(1d20+6=10, 1d20+6=12 - Henric is good at this saving thing today)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Epi saves vs disease but is paralyzed for 2 rounds

Henric isn't feeling too well and is paralyzed for 1 round.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”