Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 16, 2014 4:51 am

Swelling with pride and righteousness, Daveed steps forward to address the crowd, his sun-mark and eyes beaming with solar fire.

"Citizens and warriors of Kenabres, of this great nation, for too long have we walked through the despair of the night. For too long have we stood, backs to the wall, in fear of demons who would see our world burnt to nothing. For too long have we squabbled amongst ourselves, while the true enemy watched from the shadows. No more!"

Our enemies threw much into this assault. The most vicious of demons and devious of plots came down upon not just this city, but the entire border. Despite the brutality and horrors we all were forced to suffer, we are still here. Our banners still fly, and crests still shine with the glory of the sun. If this is not a testament to the will of our people and allies, then I know not what is.

Perhaps what this is, my comrades, is a sign. A sign that is time to cast aside our sorrows and doubts. A clarion call to rise from the ashes! The signal that holy retribution is finally at hand!" Daveed roared, drawing Radiance in a brilliant arc of golden flame.

People of Mendev! Allies of justice! The dawn has come! OUR TIME IS NOW!!!"

(Diplomacy: 1d20+18+20(DoC)= 45)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 16, 2014 11:01 pm

As Daveed finishes, a huge roar goes up from the crowd, and you notice that many women cling to those nearby for support, and at least a dozen fall over unconscious, dazzled by the stunning figure the mythic paladin cuts.

(Assuming none of the rest of you give a speech of your own)

The ceremony is ended with a large burst of positive energy as all the clerics there expend a burst of Channel Energy, and a feast begins.

The next morning you meet with Aron Kir, Anevia, Irabeth, and the Queen to go over your plan to reach Drezen.

map:

Queen Galfrey suggests that you travel to Vala's Gift first, which is a small farming town, before crossing the river at Vilareth Ford.
Then you can either follow the river to Keeper's Canyon which is an easier path before turning into the path to Drezen or you can have your army climb into the mountains and take a more direct line.

NPC recommendations:
Anevia and Irabeth vote for the river for ease of scouting and keeping the fresh water source available
Aron votes for the mountain trip as he doesn't like channeling your army between a cliff face and a river.

Reference distances:
Kenabres - Valas's Gift: 28 miles
Valas's Gift - Vilareth Ford: 52 miles
Vilareth Ford - Keeper's Canyon: 46 miles
Keeper's Canyon - Drezen: 35 miles
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 16, 2014 11:15 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat May 17, 2014 4:14 am

Aron's other reason for the other route is that the one Anevia and Irabeth suggested would be the normal travel route, and therefore more likely to have roadblocks/stationed troops along them, while the "backcountry" of the route he suggests would be less likely to be guarded.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat May 17, 2014 4:01 pm

Cernandlon also agrees with Epicette, Anevia, and Irabeth's plan for keeping with the river, as well as with Epicette's advancement plan.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat May 17, 2014 5:03 pm

Daveed doesn't object to Epi's plan either, and seems quite pleased that she posses these skills.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:08 am

(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 21, 2014 12:32 am

Epicette launches Reverie to go take a spin around the village and report back with signs of any occupancy and movement.

In the meanwhile I suggest we march on until we reach town. (What to do with the town itself... I have no clue. [1] search? [2] march on?)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:35 am

Reverie reports back that he doesn't see any signs of occupancy or movement. It looks as though the place was abandoned. At the safe distance he kept he can't tell if that was before or after it was destroyed by demons.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 21, 2014 1:51 pm

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed May 21, 2014 3:43 pm

Daveed disagrees. Noting that the enemy may haves scouts/troops in the ruins or nearby areas, and it would be worthwhile to check.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed May 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Cernandlon also suggests that their could be remaining supplies in the village, and it would at least be worth a look.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 21, 2014 3:47 pm

"Looks like we're checking the village then," she shrugs.
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:44 am

You use your scouts and carefully approach the village and there are no signs of inhabitants. You make it into the ruined buildings and begin searching them around 3:45 (you were cautious approaching). Your men begin scavenging the ruins and find some still good grain and other food, and are able to prepare that tonight and in the morning instead of using your own reserves.

You are free to interact and give evening actions, and attempt to interact with NPC's if you wish.

(Oh, it looks like you can only have 1 commander per army, so please decide who's Commandering Knights and who's commandering the Mongrelfolk. Also if more of you want to take commander positions, I can split the army into 2 smaller armies.)
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu May 22, 2014 6:14 am

Daveed oversees the Paladins in scavenging through the ruins. He also instructs them to bury any bodies (or what remains thereof) they locate.

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”