Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby littleangryman » Fri May 30, 2014 12:58 am

Malorix looks around to see if there's anybody left to interrogate, intending to bring to unfortuantes to Daveed if he finds any. (Perception:12+5=17; Sense Motive: 12+10=22)

EDIT: Apparently, everyone is too dead to interrogate, but he does find the quite-dead enemy quartermaster and the attendant supply cache.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri May 30, 2014 1:13 am

Henric is shanghaied into looting the dead. He finds nothing.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 am

After the battle, You are able to find no enemy survivors. However you are able to find a small group of survivors form the contingent that once guarded the area. They are in no shape to keep the ford protected but have managed to learn that a greater army lies somewhere to the north in a place called Keeper's Canyon. The leader of the survivors, a female Human named Kamilo Dann, managed to keep morale up among the survivors and volunteers to lead her survivors back south to Kenabres to report the events and get a group large enough to actually hold the ford. The soldiers are told to gather gear form the dead tieflings, and some of the soldiers start to grumble. Malorix takes a minor exception to the comment and Daveed diplomacies them into doing it without grumbling. You gather up 2 units of food, and 3 units of Goods, which you will be able to use to help fortify your position in Drezen after you take the city. Aron Kir explains that you will need Influence Labor Magic Gold and Goods to help get the city up and running again.

You all have one hour less of night time due to time spent on the battlefield. (you spent 2-3 hours on the battlefield but have less setup and take down time due to the facilities already there)

800XP for rescuing the survivors
300xp to your armies for the battle
1600XP for Daveed and Epicette's interaction with Aron Kir

(36100/35000 XP LEVELUP!)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri May 30, 2014 3:22 am

( Goods added to party ledger... )

Night 3 Actions:

(Recharge cure stick more: 1d10[4]+1 = 5charges)

[During Dinner]: Epicette discusses with the first descendants about their attempts to use the new tactics today. It may not have been necessary, but hopefully we learned some lessons from it. (Know[tactics] 14+13 = 27)

[After Dinner taken up by talk to Aron/Sosiel]

[Hr1-3]: Epicette sets up the Unseen Crafters, then crashes for some overdue sleep... for 3hrs (aka 12hrs with sustenance magic)
She also uses her spare slots to reset 3 of those mythic-boosted Unseen Crafters (at +2CL, now CL9!).
Unseen Crafters' craft progress (26x6)*20[DC]/7 = 445sp [Total Progress 2226/3000sp]

[Hr4-7]: Keeps working on the Lyre, making sure not to accidentally snap the head this time.
( Spellcraft 17+17 = 34 overkill ) [Lyre of Building Progress: 10,000/13,000gps]

[Hr8]: Epicette prepares a single Locate Object spell (instead of the usual Strangling Hair).

She takes the vial of shadowblood they found, pours the vial into a different container (definitely not another vial). Then walks to the center of camp, and casts Locate Object visualizing a 'vial of shadowblood'. This should hopefully direct her to the location of the nearest shadowblood vial within a scanning radius of 680ft. Epicette is betting that whomever planted one will have more of it.

If that doesn't do anything, she prepares a second Locate Object (instead of usual Debilitating Portent) and scans for a lead box.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Fri May 30, 2014 3:33 am

After dinner, Henric goes and talks to Nurah again. (Diplo 1d20+6=17)

(Recharge darkness-attacking stick: 1d10+1=5)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri May 30, 2014 4:33 am

After their previous encounter, Daveed is eager to speak to Sosiel about him and his companion.

(Diplomacy: 1d20+18= 26)

Daveed accepts the first 6 hours of watch.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:08 am

Henric starts to become a pretty good friend with Nurah.

Daveed exchanges stories of the past with Sosiel and Aron.

Epicette's second cast gives her a direction to head to find her box. It leads her to Nurah and Henric as she's packing a bag, and having a morning conversation with her new friend.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:24 am

Noticing that the spell's returns were pointing more towards the bard than our sorcerer (according to GM), Epicette leaves after a basic morning greeting and heads off to meet Daveed. Once gets him out of earshot of anyone else, Epicette tells Daveed that she tried to magically scan for the shadowblood vial...

She received no returns. But since the spell can only be blocked by two means: high level abjuration wards or lead containers, she opted to scan for the latter. And it points to Nurah's backpack. Between what happened yesterday and the fact there's NO REASON to keep a lead box around except to hide contraband, this is darn suspicious and we should probably approach her about it.

However, note that Nurah is also an arcane spellcaster and therefore can easily acquire teleportation means for escaping.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:30 am

Daveed thinks it over for a moment, before turning back to Epi.

"I'm going to call a logistical meeting. I'll ask for Aron, Irabeth, Gwerm, and Nurah to meet me in my tent. When we've entered, go search through Nurah's pack."
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:40 pm

Epicette agrees and... finds a hiding spot somewhere closer to Nurah's tent with view of Daveed's.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:00 pm

Daveed then calls for meeting, using his newly found powers of persuasion to suggest that this meeting is purely to make sure "everything is in order" before they cross into the Worldwound.

(Burning Mythic Power to activate Display of Charisma
Bluff: 1d20+4+20= 36)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:42 am

The parties called enter Daveed's tent for the meeting.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:40 pm

Epicette casts Detect Magic before moving in, trying to make sure she doesn't accidentally trigger any wards during the search...
( if needed: Spellcraft take10+18 = 28 )

She then starts searching all of Nurah's posessions with her familiars' help...
( Perception 9+13+4aid = 26; +3 in shadows/darkness )
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:59 pm

You find a couple scrolls (weak to moderate Conjuration school), a Wand (weak Enchantment school), some clothes, a some rations, and a mundane wooden box. Inside the wooden box you find 3 vials. (3 Will Saves please)
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 am

Will Saves:
( 12+6 = 18 )
( 12+6 = 18 )
( 18+6 = 24 )
[ +2 vs death, negative energy, insanity/confusion, emotion effects ]
|

()

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”