Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:42 am

"Looks like we may need to come in from the courtyard after all." Daveed whispers.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:49 am

Since the outer door is located, Epicette gets everyone repositioned before opening Daveed opens the inside door (silence field inside the small room).

(Door's locked, will need picking).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:59 am

The silence room door seems locked. However, when Daveed thinks to try the key you found on Nuk's body, the door opens. Inside you find what once was the High Priest's quarters, but now seems to be another dungeon. The room is mostly barren and two sets of shackles are anchored within the nook in the eastern wall. A wooden bard is set to bar the door to the outside.

After you spend about 30 seconds inspecting the room, you hear a loud thud outside and the ground shakes a little. Then a terrible booming voice cries out "WHERE ARE YOU MORTALS? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDREN? COME OUT THAT I MIGHT HAVE MY REVENGE!"

Please also note any healing you might have done after the last combat.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Epicette opens her bag and tells one of her Unseen Crafters to go unbar that gate, and tell it to open the door once we're all ready... (buff up). She will a second Unseen Crafter to ready to do the same by the silenced room door, and suggests Cernandlon and Daveed use that one (since Cernandlon doesn't care about silence and Daveed is just going to charge out).

Meanwhile, Reverie goes into the bell room for a short scouting mission, peeking back out into the courtyard while hidden then report back with what the enemy might be (hopefully).
( Stealth 3+1+23 = 27 )

( More to come when I get info back... )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:43 pm

"Single demon mid-courtyard; similar to the one just killed but unusually big mouth. Cernandlon could you ready an arrow and stick it in him the instant I have both doors opened?"

( since apparently everyone still has some minor wounds apiece -- Malorix: channel heal? )

Epicette casts Guidance and activates Flight hex on herself while waiting on Reverie to return, then casts Mythic Haste on everyone before we're ready to open the door. Before she wills the unseen servants to push both doors open at once, she readies a Debilitating Portent spell against the demon as soon as it comes into view...

( Mythic Haste : Extra attack, extra move action, +1 attack/dodge AC/reflex, +50ft speed for 7rnds )
( Debilitating Portent : no save, must make DC19 Will save EACH TIME it inflicts damage; failure halves damage dealt; 7rnds )

Once she casts the curse, she runs off to another room.

( Initiative: 12+6 = 18 )

( I set positions on map to note what I mean; please move yourself more if needed )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Daveed get's into position, and on Epi's cue, bursts through the door in the silenced room, and makes a b-line for demon.

(Initiative: 1d20= 19)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:06 pm

(Init 1d20+8=22)

Henric readies a scorching ray.

Ray 1:
Attack 1d20+8=18 touch
4d6+6=16 acid damage

Ray 2:
Attack 1d20+8=25
4d6+6=18 acid damage

SR:
Max(2d20)+11=25

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:47 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Before everyone bursts into the room, Malorix will heal everyone. (Channel energy for 15 hp)

Initiative: 11+2=13

EDIT: Okay, I had three more rounds than I thought I did. Therefore:
-Divine favor (self gets +2 to attack and damage rolls)
-Bless (party gets +1 to attack rolls, saves vs. fear)
-Bull's strength (Daveed get's +4 STR)

Surprise round: Malorix casts Prayer (+1 to everything for good guys, -1 to everything for bad guys, no save)
Last edited by littleangryman on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:06 pm

"Your foul spawn are no more, wretch, and soon you shall join them, hurtling into the Abyss." Daveed called out in challenge to the demon, his sun-mark and blade roaring with golden fire as moved to attack.

(Smite Evil Vs. Big Bad, Move Action, Full Attack
Attack 1: 1d20+19= 37; 1d8+21= 29 [ignores DR]
Attack 2: 1d20+19= 33; 1d8+14= 18 [ignores DR]
Attack 3: 1d20+14= 34 (confirm 35, 1 MP used to surge); 2d8+28= 40 [ignores DR])

AC 24, 28 vs. Big Bad

Edited: Fort Save: 28)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:54 pm

As you are buffing up the demon continues to shout challenges. You hear "FINE ITS GOING TO BE WORSE NOW THAT I HAVE TO FIND YOU!" as you engage operation Door-Opening

The surprise round begins and Malorix's Prayer spell goes off buffing the entire party. Unfortunately the wall was blocking the bad guy (who was facing and heading towards the silenced room)

Epicette casts her spell and needs to make a SR check.

Cernandlon's arrows strike true (mostly) and deal considerable damage

Henric's spell seems to be blocked by Spell Resistance

Daveed's blows are also quit effective at damaging the demon.

It retaliates on the surprise round by trying to drain the life of those around it. Daveed needs to make a Fortitude save vs negative energy effect/ death effect.

BEGIN ROUND 1!

The Demon seems to have recovered from the surprise exceptionally well. "IT WAS YOU WAS IT? PREPARE TO DIE MORTALS!" It casts a spell like ability on Daveed and Cernandlon, however it doesn't seem to affect Daveed for some reason. Cernandlon both needs to make Will saves vs Compulsion [Mind-affecting]. It then 5ft steps south.

The party is up. Actions resolve in the following order:
Malorix
Epicette
Cernandlon
Henric
Daveed

The monster is looking pissed off and fairly wounded. (Still >50%)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:18 pm

( SR 18+7+4 = 29 )

Epicette moves out of the door at AI23 to within 30ft of the demon and activates her medal of clarity (swift: +2INT). She then throws... apparently nothing out of her hand...
( Mythic Sleep Hex; Will DC20 ).

After that she rights right back around and goes back to hide in the room... XD

EDIT: ...and the demon falls asleep.
|

()

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:43 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 pm

Epicette manages to pierce the demon's Spell Resistance.

Cernandlon's arrow strikes true but fails to kill the demon, who awakens prone and very weak (<25%)

Malorix goes before both of them, and then Henric and Daveed go.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 am

If the demon is still alive on his turn, Daveed launches another flurry of attacks, cursing the demon as he does.

"Why, won't...!"
(Attack1: 1d20+21= 33; 1d8+15= 20 [ignores DR])

"You... just!"
(Attack 2: 1d20+21= 31; 1d8+15= 22 [ignores DR])

"DIE ALREADY?!?!"
(Attack 3: 1d20+17= 34; 1d8+15= 19 [ignores DR])

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”