Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:56 pm

(Assuming Henric doesn't drop G7 somehow...)

Cernandlon moves to have a clearer line of fire at the Ghoul and lets an arrow fly.
(Attack [Vital Strike]: 1d20+13 = 20)
(Damage: 1d8+4+1d8+1d6+1 = 19 magic piercing damage)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:22 pm

Henrics acid wounds the ghoul, and Cernandlons arrow finishes the job thudding softly into the ghoul's chest cavity.

2600 xp to all. See Char Discussion thread for current total.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:31 pm

After the fight (and she stops being paralyzed), Epicette casts Detect Magic to survey the room, and especially for that negative energy presence that was probably responsible for keeping the ghouls so strong...

( Perception 9+16 = 25 )
( Spellcraft 14+18 = 32 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 pm

Daveed takes a few moments to shake the rage out of his mind. His eyes and sun-mark going back to normal.

He then surveys the room, with a rather disappointed look.

"Why do I get the feeling that something worse lies even deeper within?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:27 am

When you search among the ghouls, you find the following (list is TOTAL found):
2x Scroll Summon Monster V
2x +1 Studded Leather armor
2x Flail
184 GP
6x Studded Leather Armor

You find nothing among the gargoyles.

Now that you are able to observe the room without the threat of ghoulish assault, you see that the vaulted ceiling reaches nearly thirty feet overhead, and smashed stained-glass windows stretch in narrow bands above the doors. The statues in the corners appear to be angels though their faces and wings are cracked and broken almost beyond recognition. The walls are covered with disturbing shapes and runes that have been scratched into the stone and the altar is befouled with grime and filth.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:52 am

Henric snaps his fingers a few times to clean up the altar with Prestidigation.

(Any relevant Knowledge check for those runes?)

"Hmm, looks like some of this is on here a little more solidly than usual. I think it'll take more than plain old elbow grease or the magical equivalent thereof to clean this one."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:46 am

"We'll deal with the alter after we've finished cleansing the evil from this place."

(Once everyone has placed themselves on the map, Daveed opens the next set of doors).

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:52 am

Epicette smacks the Desecrate aura with a Dispel Magic first (using a mythic point).
( Dispel check 14+7+2 = 23 )

( Knowledge religion 10+7 = 17 )

EDIT:
"Desecrated in the name of the Keb... eh, god of the ghouls. Guess we haven't seen the last of them here."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:45 am

The Desecrate spell vanishes and the last bit of grime sloughs off of the altar as everyone feels a bit stronger. The party notices that Daveed's sun mark and eyes flare a little when the desecrate spell ends.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Daveed takes one more good look around, before pushing the doors to the next room open.

(Perception: 1d20+15= 32)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:45 pm

While inspecting the wall near the doors, Daveed finds a small switch that opens a passage under the altar. There is a musty smell of stale air in the alcove beneath the altar.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Epicette takes a tiny piece of wood from the room's debris, casts Light on it, and tosses it in...
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:49 pm

You see a small 10x10 storage room lined with shelves of potions, mostly labeled Cure Light Wounds. There is one shelf of Cure Moderate wounds (6 total). There are enough Cure Light Wounds potions to outfit your armies with 2 uses each should you choose to use them for that (approx 300 potions).
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:56 pm

Daveed takes the Cure Moderate Wounds potions and gives one to each party member except for Malorix (whom he gives two), and then flips the switch, resealing the secret room.

"We'll come back for them once our work here is done." He says, moving back towards the unopened doors, and opening them when everyone is in position.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:00 pm

3 stone tables stand in the room, though any sitting tool seems to have been turned into a pile of splinters. Leather straps and restraints stretch across the surface and there is a knotted rope descending from a small hole in the ceiling (~1.5 inch diameter)
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”