Part 1: The Crusader's March

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Night encampment setup for journey

Postby Zanaikin » Thu May 22, 2014 2:01 pm

Given their darkvision, the first descendants will take the night watch in 2hr shifts... so 12 men/shift, which will patrol the perimeter in 3 four-man groups.

Recommend Daveed to take the first 6hrs of watch command (since he has a Ring of Sustenance equivalent) and Irabeth to take the last 2hrs.

===== * * * =====

Epicette's actions...

( I'm going to guess that Drew will want to take our holy kataphractoi army =P. Since I have same CHA as Irabeth + she's not keen on running an archery group, I'll take the 2nd army unless anyone objects )

While the rest of the army is exploring the village to collect whatever they found, Epicette helps use the supplies to cook dinner (and directs whatever cooks among the army):

Craft[cook]: take10+13 = 23
6 x Unseen Crafters: take10+14 = 24

During dinner, she gathers up the first descendants for some first introductions, as well as a preliminary lesson into the art of hit and run combat -- maintaining distance with the enemy to shower them with arrows while staying out of reach is not just effective, but also frustrating and demoralizing...
( She prepares and casts Bestow Insight spell on herself for diplo: making diplo a class skill and give +3 insight bonus for 6mins for her intro to the Rangers )

Diplomacy : 5+16 = 21
Knowledge[Tactics] : 12+13 = 25

After the dinner lesson, Epicette will direct the first descendants with their first drill on this tactic. Night combat comes as a bonus, and they all have darkvision anyways. Upon the drill's completion she gathers them again for a review of the experience before everyone retires for the night.

Epicette is working on her crafting during the night. Her 6 unseen crafters is going to continue work on the uniform being made for Daveed, while she + Eclair starts work on enchanting her Mwk Lyre into a (excellent for army fieldworks).

Spellcraft for 2 accel crafting sessions:
8+17 = 25 vs DC21 (5+CL6+5spell+5accel)
9+17 = 26

Lyre of Building Progress = 4,000/13,000
Unseen Crafters' craft progress (26x6)*20[DC]/7 = 445sp[Total Progress 1336/3000sp]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Crusader's March

Postby Squall255 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:18 am

Day 2:
Epicette's crafting goes off without a hitch. The few bodies found are buried and rites are performed. Around 10AM your group heads out and the rest of the day is uneventful. (Feel free to post night actions for day 2)

Food: 70/75

about 3/4 a day to Vilareth Ford

Note: Night time is about 9 hours. Those of you with Ring of Sustenance therefore have about 7 hours to do things, everyone else has 1 hour. You can gain up to another hour to do do RP by talking while setting up camp and eating.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon May 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Daveed decides to spend the evening trading stories with Irabeth.

(Friendship Power Activate: 1d20+18= 36)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Mon May 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Henric goes and talks to Nurah about Drezen and what they can expect.

Diplo: 1d20+6=22
Sense Motive: 1d20=3

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon May 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Night 2 actions...

During dinnertime, Epicette (+Crafters) are helping the food as usual...

[1st Hr] She gathers the Rangers for a short hit-and-run drill afterwards, plus some discussions afterwards on results if time warrants.
Knowledge[tactics]: 20+13 = 33
Meanwhile the unseen crafters are set to do their thing for the next 8hrs...
Unseen Crafters' craft progress (26x6)*20[DC]/7 = 445sp [Total Progress 1781/3000sp]

[Hrs 2-5] As everyone goes to bed, she goes back to working on crafting, accelerated...
Spellcraft: 4+17 = 21 vs DC21 (phew!)

[Hrs 6-9] She pushes a little further, hoping to get this finished by Dreznen time...
Spellcraft: 18+17 vs DC21 [Lyre of Building Progress: 8,000/13,000gps]

By the time she realizes she really should sleep, the sun was already peaking over the horizon. Epicette decides to just take a few short Sustenance-boosted naps after food-prep when the rest of army is eating today, since she doesn't actually need to join...
Fortitude 14+5 = 19 vs DC15 (fatigue)
Nevertheless, she still spends much of the day yawning in her saddle.

(Continuing to add charges to Cure stick... 1d10[3]+1=4 charges today; 1d10[3]+1=4 charges yesterday)

[ http://www.d20pfsrd.com/basics-ability- ... y#TOC-Rest ]
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 27, 2014 1:35 am

Daveed enjoys an hour of stories with Irabeth (going to need some RP to go from Friend to BFF but you're making progress)

Nurah weaves Henric a tale of her last attempt to assault the city, back in the 4th crusade. Of the Citadel, the neighboring Paradise Hill that use to be the warehouse district, and of Teh Ahari Bridge that led into the citadel.

Epicette's training seems to be making progress, and her crafting doubly so. She almost snapped the head of the lyre but realized her mistake and managed to keep up her progress.

The next morning goes smoothly and you make good progress towards the crossing. At 4:30 PM your advance scouts come back saying that they had sight of Vilareth Ford, about 30 mins down the road. It seems that there was some combat recently, and the ford has been taken by the enemy. Anevia and Cernandlon note a large number of tieflings patrolling the area.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 27, 2014 2:16 am

How steep is the terrain near the fords? An obvious nearby hill and such. How far's the nearest tree cover, if any? Are the enemy encamped on our side of the ford or the other?
|

()

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:27 am

Very low grade on both sides of the ford. Encamped on both sides. No tree cover so ~10 mins out grants vision under normal conditions
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue May 27, 2014 3:52 am

|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue May 27, 2014 2:01 pm

"We should attack." Daveed states plainly.

"Epi can lead the Descendants and use those ranged tactics she's be working on with them to pester the enemy, and provide cover while Irabeth and I lead the main column into the town."

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed May 28, 2014 2:50 am

(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed May 28, 2014 3:05 am

Epicette sends Reverie to scout the edges of the battlefield for any survivors or oddities and report back with it. If nothing, she then sends Reverie to keep watch over the crossing's far side bank.

With the allied armies miraculously unhurt and the enemy slain to a man, she's actually twiddling her thumbs a little. If Reverie reports back with nothing, she'll lead the Rangers to the tieflings' former encampment area and see what they can gather.

( Perception 12+10 = 22; +3 vs shadows/darkness )
( Sense Motive 7+10 = 17 )

( Reverie's Perception 14+15 = 29 )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed May 28, 2014 4:18 am

Daveed dispatches Irabeth to lead half the Knights of Kenabres in searching through the town for holdouts and/or survivors. Meanwhile, he set's up his headquarters in the town square, observing the camp.

(Perception: 1d20+15= 28
Sense Motive: 1d20+11= 21)

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed May 28, 2014 5:57 am

Henric twiddles his thumbs until somebody finds something useful for him to do.

Perception: 1d20+7=9
Sense Motive: 1d20+14

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu May 29, 2014 9:18 pm

Cernandlon likewise twiddles his thumbs until the need for him to do something arises.

Perception: 1d20+10 = 17 (18 vs Traps, 19 vs Evil Outsiders)
Sense Motive: 1d20+4 = 19 (21 vs Evil Outsiders)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Chapter 2 - The Sword of Valor”