April 15th, 2030

Moderator: Sajuuk

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: April 15th, 2030

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:03 pm

"That's a bit hard to answer, I've had my wrench for as long as I remember, and the spirit bind happened during the war. Registered with the SDA in 2019, and joined Exploratory Command in the Navy after I finished training in 2027. So what did I do before joining? I was a kid, I guess."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Rose
Glassteel Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rose » Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:16 pm

"Ah. I see. Thank you for answering." Pansy replies before contacting Minami with her telepathy again "Yes I know you can't answer me well but I wanted to ask. Getting the gearhead on our little team. Yes or no?"

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 am

Sighing at the unexpected mental contact and managing not to crash into anything, Minami opens up a private call to Pansy.
"Yes," she responds, shortly. "Just don't scare her off."

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Pansy replies to Minami through the commlink, "Aye aye boss." before turning to Winry. "How does the thought of joining me and our team after this? We're heading into space to do stuff I'm not sure if I can tell you about without you joining our team first."

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:24 pm

"Considering I'm only working at Spacewatch because they cancelled the scouting mission I was deployed on when the New Geneva attack happened, I'm all for any chance to get back into space. Where are you guys headed?" Winry asks.

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:54 pm

"We have no idea. Basically we are being sent out to find strange new worlds and things that team leader should tell you." she says to Winry.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:05 pm

"All right, I'll have to talk with Agent Ueno after this operation then, but consider me signed on for the mission," Winry says with a smile.

(Anyone have anything else, or is it fast-forward time to Sydney?)

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:46 pm

(Onwards to the giant eel! Also, Japanese naming conventions, damnit.)

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:34 am

As both the medivac and the RAV approach their destination, numerous warnings flash on the control panels of the craft. "WARNING: RESTRICTED AREA AHEAD! DANGEROUS RADIATION HAZARD! SYDNEY EXCLUSION ZONE IS CLOSED WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION FROM ANZUC CENTRAL OFFICE." Of course, the SDA has already obtained authorization from the Australia/New Zealand Unified Command Central Office for this operation, so no intercept craft arrive when the two vehicles cross the border into the Sydney Exclusion Zone. The SEZ shares several things in common with the original "Zone" - the CEZ in Europe: high radiation levels, visible signs of the steady progress of nature reclaiming land even in an irradiated area, and a complete and utter lack of people. Notable missing in the SEZ is the mysterious anomalies found in the CEZ, which makes travel in the Zone simpler. The RAV carrying Agent Ueno, Engineer Ingersleben, and Agent McKowen comes in along old highway M1 to the south of the city after following that road to the border of the SEZ, while the medivac carrying Lead Crewman Chauvet, Squad Leader Comstock, Gunnery Sergeant Li, and Lead Crewman Ackerman flies in on a more direct heading from Canberra, approaching from the Southwest.

The medivac flies unhindered to the rally point at Blue Fish Point and consequently is passengers are the first ones to arrive, at approximately 0200 TUT. An from the old military facilities that used to be near Blue Fish Point makes for a good landing point for the vehicle, and the team sets down there.

Next to arrive, at about 0215 TUT is Agent Taggart, who announces his arrival long before he is seen. A small plane is seen flying high above, well above the reach of the SEZ's radiation - the transportation that Taggart had secured was willing to fly him to the SEZ, but not into the SEZ. The ex-marine turned priest makes a pinpoint landing at the rally point, his harris's hawk familiar swooping down to land on his shoulder as he packs the parachute back up. "Sorry for the delay, it took some convincing to get that pilot to fly that close to the SEZ."

The RAV is able to cut some time off it's time in transit by hovering over Botany Bay and Sydney Harbour, but the abandoned streets of old Sydney still impair the hovering vehicle's travel, and it does not arrive at the rally point at Blue Fish Point until about 0300 TUT, and shortly thereafter Agent Valdez arrives on foot with her two red fox companions. "The city gets more and more overgrown the further you get from Goat Island. I suppose it isn't that much of a surprise, the parks in old Sydney have been spreading at a rapid rate."

Last to arrive is Agent Brigham, landing nearby the LZ at 0330. Having had to jump out of an airplane at 20,000 feet - the closest he could convince the civilian airliner to get to the SEZ, the IA agent lands with a jury-rigged oxygen mask having been built from the airliner's emergency oxygen equipment. That would have been outrageous enough, had it not been for the fact that he landed without a parachute and survived. Of course, everyone in the assembled group of agents is SDA members, so this is hardly the most absurd thing that they've seen. "Your weather forecast for the rest of the day: clear skies, with a chance of giant monster attack. Winds from the west at 5 kilometers per hour, and temperatures falling into the lower 20s."

(You've got about 30 minutes until the creature is estimated to arrive at your location. Any preparations?)

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:49 pm

"Temperatures are going to fall far below that," Minami comments, with a disturbingly eager smile. Looking like she wants to fight the giant magical eel-thing, she looks around the area, taking in the landmarks and the lay of the land.
"Anyone got any ideas better than 'hit it with everything once we see it'?" she asks, sounding remarkably enthusiastic and continuing to grin as something stirs within her.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:27 pm

"Well, that's usually how things go in these situations. Barring the presence of a Beastslayer, standard operating procedure for spirit beast defense is 'hit it with as much firepower as you can until it is destroyed, passes out, or decides to turn back home,'" Agent Brigham says as he takes some time to field-strip and reassemble his pistol. "You can't kill it without magic, but you can make it pass out if you hit it with enough mundane stuff."

[0340 TUT] SDA Command: Look alive, agents. Satellite imagery has located the target surfacing at the edge of the Australian continental shelf. Target is inbound on your position, still on previous course. Eastimated landfall of 0400 still stands.

The first sighting of the beast happens right on time, at 0344 TUT, with just a hint of something large crossing the horizon and moving towards the Sydney area.

[0345 TUT] SDA Command: Coordination with ANZUC Central Office has taken longer then expected, but there is limited air support available. One wing of strike craft is available, giving you one air strikes to be used against the creature, usable at Agent Ueno's discretion. ANZUC Central Office requests that you not use these inside Sydney. Additionally, in the event that you feel you will be unable to prevent the creature from proceeding further inland, Command Station Merlin's Artemis-class bombardment laser is charged and able to provide one standard bombardment shot on the creature following Beastslayer deployment at 0401 TUT. This is a last-ditch option, as it will no doubt cause extensive damage to the area it us fired upon.
[0346 TUT] <ERR: USER INFO UNAVAILABLE, ASSIGNED DESIGNATION USER 1> has joined the channel.
[0346 TUT] <USER 1>: ORBIT drop preparations complete. Awaiting deployment. For now, I watch.
[0346 TUT] Agent Valdez: Come to think of it, they haven't told us what Beastslayer they're deploying for this operation. Are you going to introduce yourself, <USER 1>, or are we going to sit here guessing until this giant eel arrives.
[0346 TUT] <USER 1>: Neither my designation nor my name are of any concern. What matters is the mission at hand.
[0346 TUT] Agent McKown: I heard that Agent A is actually off-planet right now, so it won't be that one.
[0347 TUT] Agent Brigham: It could always be 7, Chief Hilmarsson has a rep for laying low.
[0347 TUT] <USER 1>: I will confirm that I am not Chief Hilmarsson, nor am I a Numbers agent. Chief Hilmarsson is currently in her office in Balmoral Castle, watching this channel.
[0347 TUT] Agent Hilmarsson has joined the channel.
[0348 TUT] Agent Hilmarsson: Indeed I am. Agents, do not think that simply because the SEZ is uninhabited that this mission can be taken lightly. That creature is not to get past old Highway M1. Beastslayer, you have authorization for full force utilization if needed.
[0348 TUT] <ERR: USER UNAVAILABLE>: Thank you ma'am, let us hope I don't need it.
[0348 TUT] Agent Hilmarsson: Additional agents en-route may reach operational theater before the conclusion of the mission. Adding them to the channel now.
[0348 TUT] <ERR: USER INFO UNAVAILABLE, ASSIGNED DESIGNATION USER 2> has joined the channel.
[0348 TUT] <ERR: USER INFO UNAVAILABLE, ASSIGNED DESIGNATION USER 3> has joined the channel.
[0348 TUT] Agent Hilmarsson: As usual, the identities of any Unavailable User are classified. Information learned about them is not to be disseminated with the general public or to other agents without authorization. Good hunting, agents!
[0349 TUT] <USER 3>: I am the mysterious voice in the chat channel! Fear me!
[0349 TUT] <USER 2>: I am the other mysterious voice in the chat channel! Fear me too!
[0350 TUT] <USER 1>: Knock it off, you two. 10 minutes until landfall.

By now, the creature is clearly visible swimming on the surface of the water. The serpentine body of the creature wiggles back and forth as it glides along the ocean's surface at high speed, far faster then any normal creature could swim at. Suddenly, when the creature just about to enter what is feasibly weapons range for the assembled agents, it rears up and whips all if its tendrils forward, unleash a blast of magic that flies overhead of the agents and across Sydney harbour before impacting on the island that marks the center of the SEZ - Goat Island.

At this point, the creature is about 500 meters offshore.

(Berry, if you want to utilize the Air Strikes before it gets that close, let me know on IRC how many you want to use and how early you want to start using them.)

(And with that....ROLL INITIATIVE!)

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

Minami's response to the appearance of the giant eel is to produce a small white rabbit, which she quietly instructs to wait in the medivac.
As the spirit beast approaches, instead of reacting with any sort of fear or sane response, her grin grows even wider, and she begins bouncing slightly on her feet, looking downright impatient for it to get closer.

"Best give an airstrike a shot," she says, sounding positively delighted at the entire situation. "Let's see how much one of those slows it down while it's out there away from anything."
Perhaps depending on the battle spirit contractor to control the air support is not that great of an idea, but Minami doesn't seem to be losing too much control yet, at least.
(Initiative: 14. Also, familiar shall hide in the medivac.)

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:07 pm

"I'm not trained for this kind of fighting but orders are orders. What's the plan boss?" Pansy nervously ask as she pulls out her pistol and take aim towards the spirit beast, her legs weak and her arms feeling heavy as the giant eel rush to them.
(Initiative: 21)
Last edited by Rose on Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terashell
Glassteel Member
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian

Postby Terashell » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:53 pm

Danielle snaps back to reality after having been dealing with plans between her AI and her spirit during the flight. She stands up, grabs a handhold and waits for her best chance to bring the pain. (Initiative: 25)

Terashell
Glassteel Member
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian

Postby Terashell » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:12 pm

"Alright, everyone would best be served by not standing in front of me right now." Danielle says, taking a bracing stance on the rooftop and moving her hands to take hold of yokes that aren't there. (Nanite Control: 26, Magery: 21, average: 23, choices: 8, +8 attack) In her grips control yokes with triggers form, rapidly building into what appears to be a bipod mounted gau-8 with no obvious ammunition port. Once the bracing yokes form against her shoulders, the CEC technomage swings the barrel towards the oncoming eel and lets a grin spread across her face as she squeezes the triggers. (Attack roll: 14, Damage: 17)

Return to “Game Threads”