April 15th, 2030

Moderator: Sajuuk

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

April 15th, 2030

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:53 am

1234 Local Time [Canberra, Australia] (0034 TUT)

The sealed briefing room where the was being held for Agent Minami, Lead Crewman Chauvet, Squad Leader Comstock, and Gunnery Sergeant Li was normally a quiet place, isolated from the noise and constant goings-on that are associated with the normal day-to-day operations at Survey Command headquarters in Canberra, Australia. Admiral Stephen Henderson had just been about to dismiss the four crewmembers of the Nobu Shirase and give them permission to return to Gagarin Station in selenocentric orbit to oversee the continued fitting-out of their vessel, when suddenly the somewhat awkward silence in the briefing room was disturbed by the the beeping of four commlinks - each of them emitting noises which indicate that immediate attention is required. The four commlinks in question belong to the four crew, which momentarily perturbed the five high-ranking officers present - all notifications except for alert messages were automatically suppressed while in this briefing room. Before any of them could speak, their own commlinks triggered as well, evidently something big was happening.

INCOMING MESSAGE
<PRIORITY ALPHA MESSAGE, OVERRIDE NOTIFICATION LOCKOUTS>
<MESSAGE ENCRYPTED>
<THIS MESSAGE AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN IS SDA AND TAAF PERSONNEL ONLY>
TO: <ALL AGENT-LEVEL SDA PERSONNEL WITHIN 1000 KM OF EARTH GRID SQUARE QF56ND [Sydney, AUS]>
TIMESTAMP: April 15th, 2030 - 0016 Tycho Unified Time
SUBJECT: PRIORITY ALERT
<MESSAGE FOLLOWS>
ATTENTION AGENTS, THIS IS A PRIORITY ALPHA MESSAGE
At 2345 Tycho Unified Time on April 14th, a disturbance was detected in the Tasman Sea suggesting the appearance of a Spirit Beast. Satellite and monitoring buoy data has confirmed this.
Name: <None, first appearance>
Threat Level: 5 [Unknown Flags, Presumably Magic-User]
Apparent Target: Sydney, Australia (city uninhabited, see note)
Arrival Time: 0400 Tycho Unified Time (1600 Local Time)
Note: The city of Sydney remains uninhabited following the October 13th, 2015 mystery event. While radiation levels have begun to decrease in the following 14 years, the levels are still well within the lethal zone inside the 50-kilometer exclusion zone. Anti-rad protective gear is required for anyone not immune to or resistant to gamma radiation.

All notified SDA personnel should make their best effort to arrive in Sydney before the creature makes landfall. Recent shifts in 7th Directorate deployment have lead to change in operational priorities and locations for Beastslayers. This, along with the aquatic origin of the creature preclude the use of an intercept operation to prevent landfall. Beastslayer deployment from Command Station Merlin is scheduled for immediately following landfall, earlier deployment is not possible due to the current location of the Merlin.

Landfall is estimated to take place near Blue Fish Point in the old Sydney Harbour National Park. Command advises that if at all possible, the creature should be prevented from reaching farther inland then old highway A38. If this is not possible, all effort should be made to retain the creature within the 50-kilometer exclusion zone around Sydney.

SDA personnel are instructed to engage the creature upon landfall. Do not engage the creature in the ocean, we repeat - do not engage the creature in the ocean.

The Joint Chiefs have been informed of the situation and use of TAAF assets is authorized for Agent use.
-magicis, mentis, scientia
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

<MESSAGE ENDS>
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: April 15th, 2030

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:00 pm

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:26 pm

"A pair of RAVs sound like the best option for getting there quickly," Minami says, putting her bracelets back on and glancing over at the wirehead. "You pilot one, and I'll take the other. The guns won't be much use, but the speed could be. As for equipment ..." She frowns. "We suit up, and take rad doses along. Both in case our suits get damaged, and some spares. We're not going to be the only ones out there."

Rose
Glassteel Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rose » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:06 pm

"Wait wait!" Pansy quickly says, "Is speed really needed? We won't do much good there without medical gear. Bring the Medivac too. Worst comes to we may need ways to get more people out of there." she says before getting up and grabbing her coat.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Minami frowns for a moment, before nodding. "Good point. One RAV, and one medivac, then. We'll still take a suit each and ... let's say three anti-rad doses. One in case our suit fails and two for any emergencies that come up."
Turning to leave, she gives Pansy a quick look. "Good thinking on that."

Terashell
Glassteel Member
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian

Postby Terashell » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:16 am

"I'd rather the nanites than a suit. I do anything fancy and the suit breaches, I'm done for, but with the nanites and my own..." Danielle says, trailing off with a soft shrug.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:57 am

Admiral Henderson radios down to the livery to have a medivac and a RAV fueled up and ready to go in the next 10 minutes, along with the requested supplies to be ready there as well.

Shortly into the 10 minute wait, Minami, Chauvet, Comstock, and Li receive another notification on their commlinks, this one indicated that they had been added to an operational communications network for all SDA personnel that will be participating in the operation. This was a routine thing, Agents are added to the network as they verify that they will be participating in the operation. This not only allowed for secure communications between Agents on operations, but the network is also linked into the SDA Agent Database, allowing any Agent in the operation to immediately call up non-restricted details on another Agent - namely their skills and abilities.

[0035 TUT] Agent Minami has joined the channel.
[0035 TUT] Agent Chauvet has joined the channel.
[0035 TUT] Agent Comstock has joined the channel.
[0035 TUT] Agent Li has joined the channel.
[0037 TUT] has joined the channel.
[0037 TUT] Agent McKowen: Requesting pickup for myself at the following coordinates: , please respond if able.

Terashell
Glassteel Member
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian

Postby Terashell » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:08 am

[0019 TUT] Agent Comstock: Copy request. Maintain location and prepare signal flares.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:06 pm

Time continues to pass as the group makes their way down to the livery.

[0037 TUT] Agent McKowen: Roger, inform when you are approaching and signal flares will be deployed.
[0038 TUT] has joined the channel.
[0038 TUT] Agent Brigham: Inbound on flight QF2283 from Auckland, have requested flight be diverted and will airdrop into operational area.
[0040 TUT] has joined the channel.
[0040 TUT] has joined the channel.
[0042 TUT] Agent Ingersleben: Myself and Agent Ackerman are deploying from Spacewatch HQ, will join up with Agents Minami, Chauvet, Comstock, and Li for transportation.
[0043 TUT] has joined the channel.
[0043 TUT] Agent Taggart: I've secured transportation and am inbound from Brisbane, will parachute into operational area.
[0044 TUT] has joined the channel.
[0044 TUT] Agent Valdez: Presently in Tasmania on-assignment, will teleport to operational area when available.

When the group arrives down at the livery, they are met by Agents Ackerman and Ingersleben. Ackerman has an envirosuit, but Ingersleben will be using Anti-Rad doses and Anti-Rad nanites. (Their gear comes from a different stockpile then the stuff you guys claimed.)

(The RAV has room for 3 crew. The Medivac has room for 2 crew and 4 passengers. There are 6 people here, with one who has to be picked up along the way. Who is going on which vehicle?)

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:29 am

Minami nods at the two new arrivals,
"We've got a medivac and a RAV ready," she says. "Since we're not hitting this thing until it get onto land, either one should get us there in time. Unless anyone objects, do you guys mind taking the medivac, while I and ..." she pauses, before nodding to herself. "While I and Na- Ingersleben take the RAV and pick up McKowen?"

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:12 am

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:32 pm

Other than some general chitchat along the 'how have you been' lines with Nayeli, Minami will also be feeling her out about the possibility of recruiting her for the ship.

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Even with the injury she suffered during the attack on Barnard's Star, Nayeli is eager to re-deploy on a scout ship.

(Skill-wise, Nayeli would be a good candidate for one of the following crew positions: Senior Systems Technician, Weapons Technician, Junior Systems Technician)
(Nayeli is capable of filling these additional positions, but is not an 'ideal' candidate: Gunner [Gatling System], Gunner [Missile Systems])

(Rose/Terashell, any convo in the Medivac with Winry?)

[0110 TUT] Agent Valdez: All the boats I won't start. The Harbour Tunnel is still accessible, but the air down there is pretty stale, avoid breathing it if you can. If the city still had power I'd find a way to get the fans running. The city is starting to get overgrown in some areas, radiation isn't stopping the plants, so this place is like a more temperate version of the CEZ, which was starting to look like a national park last month.
[0111 TUT] Agent Brigham: Wait, you were in the CEZ last month? Last I heard was it was still closed off since they're still investigating the shootout in Pripyat in February.
[0112 TUT] Agent Valdez: Got in on a special permit from the Ukranian government, was a job for a client who would prefer to remain anonymous. Everything is on the level and legal, so turn those IA eyes of your's elsewhere.
[0113 TUT] Agent McKowen: Brigham, what were you doing down here anyway? Last message I got from you said you were on the trail of some guy who was mind-reading tournament poker players in Vegas.
[0114 TUT] Agent Brigham: Oh, I was still on his trail. Chased him down to Auckland, was on my way to drop him off in Melbourne. He's doped to the gills on purpadrine right now under armed guard across the aisle. We had to tie his hands open, believe it or not, never seen anyone get the 'warning: may cause uncontrollably clenched fists' side effect that bad before. Also, what are YOU doing out here, Emily?
[0115 TUT] Agent McKowen: The squids say that the side effect is because purpadrine was never intended for human biology to begin with. The drug is a hack-job of chemistry. As for what I was doing here? Surfing. Last chance for a while, I'm shipping out on a Diplo Corps mission in 2 days.
[0116 TUT] SDA Command: I hate to interrupt, but we have a status update for you: the Merlin had to alter orbit to avoid some old debris, Beastslayer deployment will be delayed further. Intel analysis suggests that this Beast is an amalgam, not uncommon with Level 5s, possibly of anglerfish and deep-sea eel. The whip-like tendrils around the head are presumably used in an offensive manner.
[0117 TUT] Agent Ackerman: Next thing you know they'll be telling us it craps dark matter. Just one time I'd like to see a Level 5 that doesn't look like some fantasy artist's sketch.
[0117 TUT] Agent Ingersleben: What about the Giant Crab from '28? That looked pretty normal. Of course, that thing also breathed fire and had claws that were tipped with smaller claws.
[0118 TUT] Agent Ackerman: My point exactly.
[0119 TUT] Agent McKowen: Signal flares deployed, awaiting pickup.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Minami grins at Nayeli.
"Consider yourself hired. I'll work out the details later, since giant dark-matter crapping eel thing. Think I could abduct or persuade any of the others around to join up, too? Got a bunch of crew to get ..."

With another little grin, she turns off, spotting the flares.

"Welcome aboard. I would make a flippant one-liner, but I can't think of one."

[0120 TUT] Agent Ueno Got McKowen. And no tempting Murphy. If I end up waist-deep in dark matter crap, I will be blaming you.

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Pansy decides to flex her telepathy a little and hums "I'm Shipping Up To Boston" to the team between the two ships while speaking to Miss Winry, "So Miss Ackerman, what did you do before joining up with our merry band of mages, mind readers, and other things that go bump in the night?"

Return to “Game Threads”