Reign of Winter - Part 1

Terashell
Glassteel Member
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Reign of Winter - Part 1

Postby Terashell » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:09 am

"Well, I can say that this is either a warning, a message, or an attack spell... Not sure which," Kiriana says, looking it over before turning her senses to the rest of the wood, seeing if there's anything hidden just beyond where an official investigation would normally look. (Perception 1d20+5 = 17)

Berryshine
Darth Member
Race: Halfling
Class: Halfling
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Berryshine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:58 pm

As Kiriana has said, the ice is mostly probably magical in origin, either the work of a mage or of some more inherently magical creature, possibly an elemental of some form.

As for signs of what happened here, while the trail leading into the wood is clear, the snow around the carriages is a trampled mess with little in the way of detail left there. One thing of note, however, the bodies have all been stripped of armour and weapons.
And, faint noises can be heard from the direction of the intact carriage, suggesting that someone may still be alive in there.

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:00 am

Tartessa goes to investigate the noise, cautiously approaching the carriage and seeing if anyone (or anything) is in there. She keeps her sword ready in case it turns out to be a booby trap.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 am

Baragrim likewise approaches, greataxe in hand.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:09 am

Izora, seemingly unarmed aside from the elaborate claw blades on one of her hands, likewise goes to investigate the noise.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Other than a few arrows sticking out of it, the carriage is still intact.
Although sounds of movement can be heard inside the carriage, its doors have been wedged shut, a spear wedged between the handles of its doors.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Garagrim nods to Tartessa, and then moves over to the carriage, and attempts to remove the spear.

(Strength: 1d20+3= 17)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:15 am

Tessa nods back, and while Baragrim gets that spear out, she makes ready to do battle with any hostiles that may emerge from the carriage. (Initiative 15+4=19, readied attack on anything that tries to attack one of us from inside the carriage.)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Sajuuk
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:00 pm

Izora takes up position by the door as well, readying to attack anything hostile that bursts out of it.
(Initiative: 1d20+3 = 22)
(Attack (Claw Blade): 1d20+5 = 19)
(Damage (Claw Blade): 1d4+1 = 3)

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:44 pm

The spear pulls free easily, the doors swinging open to reveal two of the convoy's guards.
Or, rather, what is left of them. Caked in dried blood with mortal wounds on full display, the corpses of the two guards begin to lurch out towards their would-be rescuers.
The first is cut down by Tartessa and Izora, but the second lurches forwards.

Initiative order (rolled for those that didn't roll themselves)

Izora: 22
Luna: 21
Tartessa: 19
Baragrim: 15
Kiriana: 12
Zombie: 8

Sajuuk

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:25 am

Izora unleashes a flurry of attacks with her claw blade, attempting to cut down the remaining undead guard.
(Attack 1 [Claw Blade]: 1d20+3 = 19)
(Attack 2 [Claw Blade]: 1d20+3 = 7)
(Damage 1 [Claw Blade]: 1d4+1 = 5)
(Damage 2 [Claw Blade]: Just going to assume this is a miss.)

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Although Izora's first blow lands solidly, cutting deeply into the zombie's arm, her second swipe barely grazes the undead guard, who continues its slow lurch forwards.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:51 am

(I know Luna goes before me, feel free to retcon if her action drops it.)

Tessa scowls at the pitiful undead before her, and plants her sword in it. 14+3=17, damage (5+2=7)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Rose
Glassteel Member

Postby Rose » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:23 pm

Luna watches the fight with interest "Pretty sure they don't need my help but while I'm here..." she says as she cast Evil eye at the last undead with a laugh.

(forgot to say what I was cursing. AC)

Berryshine
Darth Member

Postby Berryshine » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

The last zombie is cut down easily by Tartessa, the corpse falling back into the dark interior of the carriage it was imprisoned in. No further creatures seem to be in there, leaving the group to either take a closer look at the inside of the formerly zombie-filled carriage, or to move their attention to other areas of the wrecked convey, such as the other, shattered carriage or the ice statue.

(80 xp each)

Return to “Game Threads”