Part 4: The Wardstone Legacy

Moderator: Squall255

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 4: The Wardstone Legacy

Postby Laharl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:10 am

(Since I act out of line from the rest of the party, posting the save now so I don't forget.)

Will: 1d20+5=25

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:18 am

( Will 6+6=12 )

Epicette takes a 5ft step back and her animated hair attempts to grapple J again.
( Grapple 18+10 = 28; 1d6=2 damage; CMD25 to break grapple )

AC19+1

party buffs (durations based on my turn):
Haste[4rnds]: +1 attack, +1 AC, +1 reflex saves, +30ft speed, extra attack at full BAB
Prayer[3rnds]: +1 attack, +1 weapon damage, +1 saves, +1 skills, -1 attack/weapondmg/saves/skills to every foe here
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:20 am

(Will save: 1d20+9 = 24)

Cernandlon takes aim at the Deskari cultist, seeking to remove a target from the field before moving on to less-injured targets.
(Attack[Deadly Aim]: 1d20+11+1+1 = 33 (nat 20, confirmation: 1d20+13 = 16)
(Damage: 2d6+8 = 13 Piercing)

Cernandlon then fires at the previously-injured enemy commander.
(Attack[Deadly Aim]: 1d20+11+1+1 = 27
(Damage: 2d6+8 = 12 Piercing)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:29 pm

(Will Save: 1d20+9=12)

The minotaur drops, Daveed's eyes and sun-mark flare once more, and the path to the enemy commander is opened. He advances, now directing his righteous fury towards her.

(Swift Action: Declare Smite Evil on "J"; 5ft step; full attack; CE Engaged
Attack 1: 1d20+15= 30; 1d6+9= 10 [Ignores DR]
Attack 2: 1d20+15= 25; 1d6+9= 13 [Ignores DR]
Attack 3: 1d20+10= 17; 1d6+9= 13 [Ignores DR]

AC: 26, 29 vs. J
HP: 57/72)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:36 am

(will save: 3+11=14) Malorix steps up to 'J' and whacks her good. (16+8=24, damage 10+3=13; nat 20, confirm 16+8=24, damage 7+3=10, extra 5+3=8)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Henric walks up the stairs to get a clear shot at the surviving cultist, at whom he fires another ball of acid.

Attack: 1d20+10=17 touch
Damage: 3d8+7=19 acid

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:01 am

Cernandlon's first arrow hits the Deskari cleric right between the eyes and drops him. In a moment of swiftness and almost as an afterthought he unleashes another arrow at the commander, which pierces the commander's hand and pins it to the haft of her scythe.

ROUND 5

The minotaur is dead, and the Baphomet cultist is still nauseated.

Malorix lands 2 good blows on the commander dealing full damage.

Daveed's anger flares and he unleashes a strong blow, dropping the commander on his first strike. (DM edict: 5ft step up and redirect attacks at Baphomet cultist, subtracting 6 from posted damages for not being Smite target)
and landing 2 more blows on the poor vomiting cultist.

(Redirecting Epicette's attack to the remaining enemy) Epicette manages to grapple the last cultist, careful to keep her hair out of the line of fire of his vomit.

Henric unleashes a glob of acid that deals full damage to the remaining enemy, who still seems to be trying to vomit despite everything.

Cernandlon is up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:12 am

Cernandlon unleashes an arrow at the grappled cultist, seeking to drop the last target on the field.
(Attack[DeadlyAim]: 1d20+11+1+1 = 17)
(Damage: 1d8+8 = 16 Piercing)

(If the first attack does not drop it, add a second attack)
(Attack[DeadlyAim]: 1d20+11+1+1 = 23)
(Damage: 1d8+8 = 10 Piercing)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:51 am

Cernandlon's second arrow puts the cultist out of it's misery.

Combat order over
2300 XP for all

This circular room’s original purpose is unclear, but now it seems to be a trophy hall of some sort. A low stone pedestal sits on the floor in the middle of the chamber under a domed ceiling. Atop the pedestal is an iron, barbed cage—and within the cage sits a chunk of softly glowing white stone.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:58 am

Malorix inspects the stone more closely, and makes ready the Rod of Cancellation, just in case.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:59 am

It is a stone and you seem to have gotten here before Arelu Vorlesh used it to kill all the crusaders. The stone sits there.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:01 am

Despite clearly having gotten to the stone before its corrpution, Malorix takes his seat on the Plot Line Railroad and applies the Rod of Cancellation to said stone. Melee touch attack: 10+7=17)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:37 am

As you touch the rod to the wardstone, it glows in a bright golden light and explodes with the sound of an angelic chior. The shards spray outward but do not strike any of you.

If the holy energies stored in all of the wardstones were the waters of a vast lake formed by a dam, then the fragment just destroyed was the plug in that dam holding the waters back. Rather than simply diffusing the wardstone’s border all of the energies of the wardstones along the border rush out of the “hole” caused by the final destruction of the last and largest fragment of the Kenabres stone. This energy infuses you wall with incredible power, and heals all wounds and ailments as well as restoring all spent spells and limited use abilities.

You then experience a series of visions:

the first wardstone being erected in the Kite here in Kenabres in 4639 ar, in a ritual involving the aid of the Hand of the Inheritor—the herald of Iomedae: a golden, winged angel with a halo of small swords around his head. This event happens soon after the Second Crusade begins.

In the year 4665 ar, you see a vision of a 20-year-old Hulrun leading the burning of dozens of supposed “witches” in the courtyard of the Kite before the wardstone. This event launches the Second Crusade

In the year 4692 ar, you see a vision of Khorramzadeh the Storm King leading a brazen attack on Kenabres. The Storm King manages to strike a resounding blow with his sword against the wardstone, which suffers only the tiniest of cracks as the balor’s sword shatters. Khorramzadeh is then attacked and forced to flee when
the silver dragon Terendelev nearly kills him—this event launches the Fourth Crusade.

In the year 4712 ar, you see a vision of Irabeth chasing a burly dwarven man—Staunton Vhane (leader of the Hammers of Heaven mercenary group) into the courtyard containing the wardstone. Both paladins are heavily wounded, and as Staunton backs against the wardstone, smoke rises and he screams in pain. He ducks to avoid one of Irabeth’s blows, then manages to smash her knee with his hammer, dropping her to the ground. Staunton seems ready to deliver a death blow, but the sound of approaching soldiers forces him instead to back away and summon a fiendish giant wasp that he swiftly mounts and then flies away to the north, abandoning Kenabres

you see a vision of Minagho, a beautiful demonic woman with a long thin tail, clawed hands, and curling horns protruding from where her eyes should be, placing the wardstone fragment in this room and of Jeslyn using a wish granted by Minagho to create the cage around it before Minagho teleports away.

Next you see a vision of a possible future that you now know will never happen:
Areelu Vorlesh using a deep purple Nahyndrian crystal the size of a human’s head to corrupt the fragment, causing the entire border to flash with nauseating mauve fire that devastates the border cities and transforms countless crusaders into half-fiend slaves of the Worldwound.

Then you are back in the here and now and the is an image projected in front of you of Areelu Vorlesh. "This only delays your kind's extinction. But at least I can take steps to hasten your own." she says and waves her hand. When nothing seems to happen she growls "The death throwes of your wardstone seem to be protecting you from my magic. No matter, my slaves will get you soon enough," she says and spreads her arms again as if to open a dimensional rift. Suddenly the energy infusing you surges and Areelu screams in pain at the magical feedback. As the magic tears into her body, her bones break, her wings are shred, and the image fades.

Shortly after, the power infusing you fades, but not completely. Exposure has awakened some of your true potential. You are now... MYTHIC Heroes! Tier 1 mythic abilities are unlocked.

4750XP for destroying the wardstone fragment
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:45 am

As you rest for a moment, taking in all that just happened, you receive yet another vision.

As you enter a trance, an image of a scarred but beautiful woman dressed in plate armor appears before you. "Thank you for your kindness and service mortals. I am Iomedae. Unfortunately I will not be able help you in the future due to edicts beyond mortal comprehension. However I am able to bestow upon you a token of my gratitude. " She leans forward and kisses each of you on the forehead. "Go ever with the light." she says as the image fades.

You all receive the following:
+2 Divine bonus to the Ability score of your choice
+2 Divine bonus to the Skill of your choice
+5 Max HP
1 Bonus Feat of your choice (must meet the requirements)

Also: your campaign traits are improved

Drew:
Exposed to Awfulness (Guardian) :
you gain +3 hit points per level.
When you are reduced to negative hit points by an attack or effect from a demon, as an immediate action you can expend one use of mythic power to heal damage equal to 2d6 + twice your mythic tier. This healing occurs after the damage is done.

Dai and Dave:
Riftwarden Orphan (Archmage):
you gain a +4 trait bonus on caster level checks to penetrate a demon’s spell resistance.
Once per day, you can recharge a charged magic item by expending one use of mythic power. Doing so adds a number of charges equal to 1d10 + your mythic tier to the item, up to its normal maximum number of charges.

Marty:
Stolen Fury (Champion):
you gain a +2 trait bonus on Fortitude saves.
By expending one use of mythic power as a swift action, you can ignore a single demon’s damage reduction for 1 minute, and increases the critical multiplier of any weapon you wields against that demon by 1.

Scott:
Touched by Divinity (Hierophant):
you can select a second domain granted by your affiliated deity. You can use the 1st-level spells of both domains as spell-like abilities a number of times per day each equal to your mythic tier.
By expending one use of mythic power, you may use any of these two domains’ spells as a spell-like ability, but may only use spells of a level equal to or less than your mythic tier.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:06 pm

Daveed snaps out of the second trance, feeling the part of his face where the God of Valor had just kissed him, still in considerable disbelief. Gathering himself, he looked at Radiance, which was blazing with divine, well, radiance, before turning to his companions (unaware this his eyes and sun-mark were equally beaming with righteous energy).

"I... I think we won."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”