Part 4: The Wardstone Legacy

Moderator: Squall255

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Part 4: The Wardstone Legacy

Postby littleangryman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:34 am

Malorix would make a snarky comment about it being the ugliest cow he's ever seen, but, you know, silence. So he lets his sword do the talking. (16+8=24, damage 5+3=8)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:12 am

Epicette flies up as part of her readied when Daveed reaches the top. Noticing that Daveed is took out the silenced dagger, and gestures to toss through the doorway.

She then delays her action until after Daveed: either a Web spell to hurl into the room (QR44-45), or dismiss the silence spell because the dagger is still in the room.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:25 pm

Henric readies a Lesser Orb of Acid targetted at the minotaur as soon as he's free to speak.

(Attack: 1d20+8=24 touch; 3d8+7=27 acid damage)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Cernandlon aims at the minotaur, channels his powers, and hopes that the minotaur will cease to stand if it takes an arrow to the knee.
(Swift Action: 3rd Eye activation to manifest Tactical Precognition for Trip (+2 PP to increase bonus by +1))

(Attack]: 1d20+13 = 25)
(CMB Check: 1d20+13+3+2+1 Conditional (attacking from stairs) = 36) [Expends Psionic Focus]

(Move Action: Regain Psionic Focus)

(ACTIVE BUFFS: Chameleon (+10 to Stealth) 199 Rounds left, Tactical Precognition (+3 to Trip CMB checks) 3 Rounds left)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:04 pm

Daveed's eyes and sun-mark glow brightly as he grimaces from the pain. He then takes the dagger, and jams it, brutally, into the Minotaur.

(Smite Evil on Minotaur, Full Attack, CE engaged
1d20+12= 26; 1d4+13= 17 [magic, slashing]
1d20+7= 22; 1d4+13= 14

AC: 25, 28 vs. Minotaur
HP: 54/72)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:12 am

Malorix strikes true to the minotaur, but is unable to cut into the beasts flesh (DR)
Daveed's pain is channeled into his smite and deals full damage.
Epicette successfully dismisses the silence.
Henric unleashes a strong blast of acid that surprises the minotaur and deals full damage.

Cernandlon hits the beast right in it's hoof as it's recoiling from the acid and knocks the beast flat on it's back.

*Round 2*

the minotaur stands back up. (Provoking AoO's from Malorix and Daveed)

It then takes a swing at the tiefling in front of him (Malorix) with his greataxe for 17 damage [Magic][Slashing]

one of the clerics rounds the corner and casts a spell at Malorix (will save)

Malorix, Daveed, and Epicette are up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:42 am

Epicette directs her Web spell (DC16) at [junction PQ44-45], which should cover all of the inner room (except U44) and also reach out to attempt ensnaring the two foes in this room.

EDIT: would a 22 hit the minotaur last round? Forgot to inform Drew it's a masterwork dagger.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:34 am

(AoO 4+8=12, assuming a miss; will save:16+11=27)

The silence spell having been dismissed, Malorix takes a 5' step back and casts Prayer (+1 to everything for good guys, -1 to everything for bad guys, no save)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:44 pm

As the Minotaur rises to his feat, Daveed managed to land a solid kidney stab with the dagger.

(AoO
1d20+12= 30 (27 confirm); 2d4+22= 28)

On his turn, Daveed drops the dagger, and draws forth Radiance in a brilliant arc of golden flames, leaving a terrible gash in the minotaur's hide.

(Free Action: Drop dagger; Move Action: Draw Radiance; Single Attack; CE Engaged
1d20+14= 27; 1d6+8= 13

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:59 pm

Malorix misses his AoO but Daveed hits with his dealing full damage.
Malorix is able to make is will save and suffers no harm from the enemy spell.
Malorix has 2 options as he is still in the minotaur's threat range:
1) Cast Defensive [DC 21 vs 1d20+6(CL)+4(Wis)] success: no AoO, Failure: lose spell
2) suffer Minotaur AoO

Daveed hits and deals full damage as his Smite is still active, indeed leaving another gash in the creature's tough hide.

Epicette's web goes off and though she can't see, others are able to notice that the enemy Commander gets caught, as does the cultist inside the room with her. The cultist that came out was able to avoid the webs as was the minotaur.

The enemy commander spends her turn breaking free of the webs and drawing a scroll.

Henric is up.

(the minotaur is below half)
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:25 am

Henric is still only able to see the minotaur, so he shoots another glob of acid at it.

Attack: 1d20+8=28 touch
Confirm: 1d20+8=16 touch
Damage: 3d8+8=25 acid, 50 on confirm

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 am

the acid burns off a large portion of the minotaurs face but he remains standing strong.

those of you with line of sight notice that the other cleric succeeds in getting free of the web and is able to move into your room.

Cernandlon is up.
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 am

Cernandlon takes careful aim at the cleric in the next room, hoping to impair or eliminate the enemy commander while she was still somewhat impaired by the webbing, using more of his mind-powers to make his +1 Holy Arrow bounce between the minotaur's legs, then off a cultist towards the commander.
(Immediate Action: Trick Shot)

(Attack [Deadly Aim]: 1d20+11 = 27)
(Damage: 1d8+8+2d6 = 27 Magic Piercing Holy damage)

(ACTIVE BUFFS: Chameleon (+10 to Stealth) 198 Rounds left, Tactical Precognition (+3 to Trip CMB checks) 2 Rounds left, Prayer (+1 ATK/DAM/Skills/Saves))
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:18 am

Cernandlon lands a nigh impossible shot on the enemy commander,lodging the arrow in her shoulder.

[Assuming Cernandlon provokes AoO for firing a ranged weapon]
The Minotaur is able to barely connect with it's axe despite the partial cover the stairs offer cernandlon. 21 damage

*ROUND 3*

The minotaur unleashes a flury of blows attacking Henric(cover), Daveed, and Epicette
He misses Henric and chips into the stair's handrail. (Prayer+cover)
Daveed is able to parry the beasts blow (CE boost to AC)
and throws a lazy swing that goes wide towards Epicette.

The Baphomet cultists casts a spell and touches the minotaur who's wounds start to heal.

Malorix, Daveed, and Epicette are up.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:03 pm

"Cernandlon, shoot the cultist if he tries to heal the minotaur again!" Daveed commands, before laying into the fell beast once more.

(Full attack, CE Engaged
Attack 1: 1d20+13= 23; 1d6+8= 13 [DR Negated]
Attack 2: 1d20+8= 24; 1d6+8= 12 [DR Negated]

Active Characters:

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”