Part 4: The Wardstone Legacy

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 4: The Wardstone Legacy

Postby Squall255 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:46 am

between Cernandlon and Henric you are able to harvest both horns for selling. You make it back down to the entrance and find 2 of the mongrelfolk in critical condition, and the other 3 are down to 2 to 3 arrows a piece. They thank whoever patches them up and walk with you back to Defender's Heart where celebrations have already begun. The guards send you to Irabeth who thanks you for your success. "Congratulations! With your success here we should be able to hold out until the queen and her army arrive. I don't know what you did but I'm also getting reports from all along the border that the rest of the wardstones flared and killed hundreds of demons, causing a retreat all along the border."

[feel free to continue the interaction with Irabeth, otherwise you have 3 ingame days before the next event happens]
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Daveed gives each of the wounded Descendants 2 uses of his Lay on Hands (3d6 a shot).

Back at Defender's Heart:

"We were happy to help." Daveed answers.

Daveed proceeds to find a quite spot where he can see the sun, so that he can meditate. Afterwards, he volunteers for any further missions to clear out remaining pockets of enemy resistance over the next few days.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Epicette gives each of the descendants a Healing Hex (2d8+6HP)

She also tests her newfound mythic power to charge the Wand of Cure Moderate Wounds (7+1=8 charges)

Back at Defender's Heart, she decides that this was as good an occasion as any and offers Irabeth back her sword, informing her about the circumstances it was found in. She'll approach Irabeth again about the troop deployment maps after the celebration, figuring the serious affairs could wait until everyone got their much-deserved joy.

(will post selling/crafting in the ledger thread; ledger updated with loot).

EDIT: More CMW Wand charging:
Day2: 5+1 = 6 charges
Day3: 4+1 = 5 charges
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:16 am

Daveed's smooth talking gets the group fantastic prices on most of the gear, though he has some (relative) trouble selling the cultist weapons and decorated armors.

Irabeth is surprised to see her father's sword again and offers the group 8000gp as thanks for returning it.

Party gold received:
37000 from selling gear to various merchants around the city
8000 from Irabeth.
---------------------------
45000gp net party gain

While Irabeth and Epicette go over the documents Irabeth mentions that in at the Queen is expected to arrive at Kenabres after Day 3, and that she will surely reward your group for finding these documents.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:33 am

45,000gps + 2,079gp in pool = 47,079gps...

Step 1: 450gps to Cernandlon and Epicette. Malorix's loot debt (for Cloak of Resistance +1) cleared. 46179 remaining.

Step 2: 450gps to Cernandlon, Epicette, and Malorix. Daveed's loot debt (for Radiance) cleared. 44829 remaining.

Step 3: 900gps to Cernandlon, Daveed, Epicette, and Malorix. Henric's loot debt (for Cloak of Resistance +2) cleared. 41229 remaining.

Step 3: 7,900gps to each of five party members. Remaining 1,929gps goes to party funds.

GPs for everyone:
Cernandlon :9,700gps
Daveed : 8,800gps
Epicette : 9,700gps
Henric : 7,900gps
Malorix : 9,250gps

Note: still two items in party pool if anyone wishes to claim: Ring of Protection +1 and Amulet of Natural Armor +1
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:23 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:04 am

Henric buys a few odds and ends. And a headband that can be seen from space.

Each spare day, he uses his new shiny power to recharge his trusty wand of Magic Missile:
Day 1: 1d10+1=2
Day 2: 1d10+1=9
Day 3: 1d10+1=8

(No other ideas for what to do since I already talked to the Riftwardens we met about my missing parents and if memory serves there wasn't much info there to try and follow up on...)

Buying (72.8% market value):
+2 Charisma Neon Green Headband: 4k -> 2912
Alchemist's Fire: 20->15GP, 6SP, 4CP
+2 Boots of Dexterity: 4k -> 2912

Total: 5838GP, 6SP, 4CP

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Malorix spends two days using his newfound magic weapon crafting abilities to give his mwk cold iron bastard sword a +1, spending 4k in resources to do so. (If what Dai said is right, the DC to quick-craft that should be 8. 11+11=22, 13+11=24. So yeah) That should take two days. He spends the third buying the same headband as Henric, only more tasteful.

Day one: craft craft craft
Day two: craft craft craft
Day three: buys a non-lime green headband of charisma +2, 4000 gp

total: 8000 gp spent
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:44 pm

#1 I said the craft DC is 8. Accelerated craft is +5. So accelerated craft DC would be 13, still make.
For reference, crafting DC is 5 + CL (either 3x enhancement or based on the special quality), +5 if accelerated, +5 for each spell required you don't know.

#2 Enhancing a cold iron sword to +1 costs 4k in market value (2k for enchanting cold iron, 2k for +1). You spend only 50% of that for crafting it. Otherwise, who would bother with crafting?
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:13 am

Thank you, Dai. I thought I read that somewhere but was in a bit of a hurry.

6000 gp spent, not 8000.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”