Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:12 pm

If S1 is dead by the time Daveed acts:

Daveed rushes to Anevia's aid with his Lay on Hands ability. (3d6=13 points healed)

If S1 is alive by the time Daveed acts:

Daveed surges forth, plunging his weapon into the creature's carapace!

(Attack: 1d20+9= 23; 1d6+5= 10)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:20 pm

Epicette pulls Cernandlon's attention and points him out to the void in the wedding where strands were torn: "target 15ft north of me, right there! Sink a few arrows in and we'll see him better!"

( items picks up by an invisible creature only vanish if its tucked away, as in spell description )

She then moves to U8 and takes a swipe into the empty place with her own dagger. If it sticks into something then she'll immediately let go of it.
( attack: 17+3 = 20 )
( damage: 3 )
( str check = 18 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Malorix maneuvers himself to behind Anevia (carefully avoiding AoOs; or if the thing is dead by the time he acts, just right up next to her) and applies a Lesser Restoration. (3 points of ability score damage healed)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Cernandlon steps into the doorway and fires an arrow at the void where a target might be in T7.

(Attack: 1d20+12 = 28)
(Damage: 1d8+3 = 7)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:49 am

"I have a better plan, Epicette." Henric waves his arms and a burst of shiny dust appears, outlining the mage for all to see. (Glitterdust, centered on S5, affects 10' radius burst).

Will DC 16 or blind for 4 rounds, -40 to stealth for creatures affected (no save for this part)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 am

Cernandlon's arrow flies through the room before thunking into the wall around S4.

Henric's spell goes off and you now have very glittery spider webs but nothing else is revealed.

Millorn unleashes some magic missiles at the remaining spider seeing as how the group seems to have given up on it. However his magic is found wanting and the spider survives the barrage (I rolled 1s on 2 of the 3 missiles)

Malorix sidesteps the spider and administers healing to Anevia removing her STR damage

Radiance flares slightly as it deals the killing blow to the spider.

Epicette begins her movement but as she enters square U8 the runs into something invisible. Fortunately she is strong enough to keep her footing. (You're pretty sure whatever you ran into is generating the Illusion aura)

Epicette has a Standard action remaining.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:43 am

With a few arcane words, Epicette's hair lengthens, swirls across the nearby area, and attempts to constrict whatever creature she just bumped into.

( Defensive cast, Strangling Hair, using it to swipe the entire square and grapple the foe I just bumped into )

( Concentration check: 12+11 = 23 )
( Grapple check: 14+5+4 = 23; inflict 1d6=1 dmg if succeed; CMD19 to break grapple )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Epicette's hair grows wildly and is able to begin grappling the invisible foe! (Still has partial concealment due to the hair not giving a full outline. 20% miss chance)

The creature struggles some more and 2 more spiders appear outside

Unfortunately the potion doesn't seem to have been enough to cure Anevia's ills and she is affected by the poision.

She pulls out another potion (CLW) but it seems to have partially gone bad and doesn't help a whole lot.

Back at the top of the Initiative:

Cernandlon,
Henric,
Millorn,
Malorix,
Daveed,
Epicette

Anevia is below 75% HP and poisioned
both spiders are at full HP
??? is grappled
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Daveed advances, and a powerful slash towards S2.

(Attack: 1d20+11= 20; 1d6+5= 9)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:30 pm

Cernandlon moves between the spiders and Anevia and shoots S1.
(Attack[DeadlyAim]: 1d20+10 = 30 (nat 20). Confirmation: 1d20+10=26)
(Damage: 2d8+14 = 22) (assuming it crits. if it somehow doesn't crit, its 11 damage.)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:11 am

"Could use a hand with the summoner in here," Epicette says in celestial as she takes a step back and continue strangling the invisible guy...
( Grapple 11+9+5 = 25; deals 1d6=5 damage; CMD 24 to break grapple )
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:27 am

Malorix hears Epi call for help. Unfortunately, he's too busy stopping Anevia from dying. Cure light wounds for 6 hp restored.

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:15 am

Henric lobs another medium-sized ball of acid at S1.

Attack: 1d20+5=12 touch
Damage: 3d8+6=22 acid

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 am

Cernandlon's arrow strikes solidly into the spider's body and embeds itself up to the fletching.

Henric's glob of acid rolls through the spider dissolving the entire front half before both vanish in a puff of magic and Cernandlon's arrow clatters to the cobblestones beneath it.

Millorn unleashes some missiles at the summoner.

Malorix's heal goes off and Anevia's wounds close up though the poison still seems to be bothering her.

Daveed delivers a solid blow to the spider and doesn't understand why cernandlon's arrows aren't as effective as they should be. Radiance doesn't seem to have a problem with the spiders.

Anevia's poision seems to worsen as she looses more strength.

the invisible creature begins chanting something as it struggles against the hair but winds up choking as he turns the wrong way and spits out a curse in Orc.

S2 skitters right at Anevia. Daveed and Malorix both get AoO's (Cernandlon too if you threaten melee)
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:51 am

Anevia will have no trouble figuring out that Hallit is Malorix's favorite language to curse in. "Whoever summoned these has you firmly on their shit list, Miss Anevia. Who'd you make that angry?" (AoO: nat 20, confirm: 12+7=19 regular damage: 10+2=12; critical damage: 2+2=4; 16 total)

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”