Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Epicette's hand lashes out another Slumber hex against the nearest cultist [T1](Will DC16; 4rnds). She then drops her crossbow and draws her dagger while moving up to the surrendering knight...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:02 pm

T1 gets woozy but when he rights himself it seems it was just the blood loss from his latest blow.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:34 pm

Henric readies an action to throw a glob of acid at the first enemy to make a hostile action.

Readied attack: 1d20+5=13
Damage: 1d3+2=4 acid

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:34 am

Henric tosses a glob of acid in his hand scanning the area.

The female librarian finishes untying one of the other librarians who turns to Daveed and says "Show him no mercy for that was our error!"

Cernandlon is up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:34 am

Cernandlon readies an arrow to shoot anyone who does an evil act.
(Attack: 1d20+9 = 17)
(Damage: 1d8+7 = 14)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:37 am

The tiefling doesn't notice the two warriors readying to attack and 5ft steps back and reaches for a potion, presumably to follow his fellow Tiefling. Unforutnately for him, he is sizzled by a glob of acid, and takes an arrow to drop him and he begins bleeding out on the floor.

Daveed and Malorix are up
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:43 am

Daveed catches Epi's advance out of the corner of his eye, and says "Epi, stand down. Killing people grants no satisfaction to the just."

He does however say this while continuing to observe the knight, ready to strike him down if he makes so much as flinches aggressively.

(Readied Attack: 1d20+10= 16; 1d6+8= 12 [ignores DR])
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:06 pm

Malorix, however, is having none of it, as he steps up to the knight. "Were you not listening, Daveed? The librarians here showed him compassion, and for their mercy he nearly roasted them alive in their own books." His face twists in revulsion at even forming the words. "No. There is but one thing this man has earned from the just and righteous." He raises his blade... (cue chat)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:35 pm

|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:42 pm

Epicette will search the bodies, then the ruined library for tips on what happened (and more importantly, loot) after healing the librarians... (just so GM can fit everything on same post).
( Perception take10+10 = 20 )
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Daveed likewise searches, after signaling the NPCs outside that it's safe to come in.

(Perception: 1d20+8= 21)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:59 pm

after the remaining librarians are freed they note no real injuries.

the librarians say that the building was secure from the outside looters. the only reason they were in the predicament they were in was because they opened the door to allow the scared knight in. It is a mistake they will not be repeating in the future. You are welcome to use this building as a rest place. The librarians will stay secured in the building.

They also tell you that Blackwing was destroyed by a horrific abomination. A man made of worms who used magic and enslaved demons to smash the structure. They suspect that he took many treasures from the ruins before he left but don't know what specifically he took.

When Aravashnial walks in they call to him. "Aravashnial! You survived! All the... others... who were posted here didn't make it. however Quednys Orlun wasn't here during the attack and we haven't heard from him. he might still be out there."

Loot:
the librarians point out a damaged wizard's spellbook among the ring of books. (6 spells and 1 scroll in it), (worth 700gp)
while looking through the rubble, you find a half dozen leathery gray strips of what appears to be flesh but upon closer examination looks to be dried worms of some sort, about the size of a human finger. (know [nature] to id)

XP:
Fight: 200xp
Delivering Aravashnial: 800xp
All librarians survived: 1000xp

Party XP: 11100/15000
(|)
(|)

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:01 pm

Cernandlon attempts to identify the worms.
(Knowledge [Nature]: 1d20+7 = 23)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08 pm

Turning on the magic detector, Epicette examines the stuff...

( Knowledge[nature] 9+11 = 20 )
( Spellcraft to ID scroll: 16+11 = 27 )

She drops the spellbook into the party loot bag for now; Millorn is, of course, welcome to copy from it when we rest later.
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 pm

"A man... made of worms? What in the..." Malorix tries to determine if he's ever heard of such a thing. (Know: Religion 13+8=21; Know: the Planes : 14+6=20)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”