Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:14 am

You emerge with your group, blinking, into the sunlight. Above is the map that you happened to retain from the festivities.

Anevia's House: Anevia hopes to either find her wife Irabeth, or a note indicating where Irabeth is.
Blackwing Library: Aravashnial mentions that Blackwing Library has the most complete record of research on demon hunting.
Tower of Estrod: Cultist safehouse
Gwerm Manor: Gwerm is anxious to get home. He will pay you when he is safely delivered.
Nyserian Manor: Cultist Safehouse
Sewer Exit: where you left the sewers
Topaz Solutions: Cultist Safehouse

Where do you go?
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

littleangryman

Re: Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Postby littleangryman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:05 am

After some thought, Malorix proposes to first head for Gwerm Manor, assess the situation, and then raid Nyserion Manor.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:18 am

"Indeed. Mr. Gwerm is a noncombatant, we should get him off the streets as soon as possible. Then checking out that manor is probably the best idea. Though, we can keep our eyes peeled for any of these other spots along the way.

"Unless anyone disagrees, we should head out."
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:26 am

Epicette suggests Blackwing library first. It's the closest location of interest, and given the demonic quakes and chasms that torn through the city and made everyone fall under, we don't know how much has changed and how many streets lay blocked; best do it one step at a time. From Blackwing, the Nyserian Manor and Gwerm Manor are roughly in the same direction, so whichever one first depends on the city terrain as we go that way; although she agrees Gwerm Manor should take priority if path to both lay unaffected.
(Having Levitate, Epicette doesn't care for the walls much. Chasms are a whole different problem...)

She also asks Aravashnial what else is at the Blackwing library, since she rather doubts he's going to pour over books while the city is in pieces (not to mention he's still blind, but she's not going to bring that up).
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:38 am

"Fair point, Epi. Mr. Gwerm, can you bear us a bit longer?"

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:26 pm

"I agree with Epicette as well. We need information, both past and present."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:55 pm

Gwerm looks around and the plumes of dark smoke rising all over the city, "The library IS on the way. I'm fine with going there first. I know i wouldn't want to have to double back more than... by the crusades!" he says as he hits a certain part of the skyline. "The tower of the Kite has fallen... and St. Clydwell's Cathedral." his face turns a little paler as he stands there.

Aravashnial turns in Epicette's general direction. "There may be... allies there for us. That is all I can say without knowing the state of the library."

The city feels deserted, yet it's never long before the scream of a fresh victim peals through the soot encrusted streets, indicating that the number of survivors has dropped again. Evidence of violence is everywhere: burned buildings, splashes of blood, and dead bodies waiting to be claimed by vulters.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:59 pm

Cerandalon agrees with starting with the Library, and also suggests just taking a linear path from each destination to the next.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 pm

"Very well, the library it is. I just hope it's defensible. Let's move out."

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:40 pm

"Hold on. Aravashnial, I'm happy to make the Library the first stop, but there's something you seem to be holding back. We've brought you this far; if there's something at Blackwing that can aid Kenabres, you can trust us with the knowledge."

(Diplomacy: 1d20+13= 28)

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:18 am

"Fine, we'll probably have to move after recent events anyway." he says. "There is a Riftwarden base there that might have some records on either the wardstones or how to fight these demons."

*assuming that sufficiently answers everyone's questions*

As you make your way towards the library, you come across a store with a lot of commotion going on inside of it. Peering in the window you are able to make out a demon ransacking the place!

[Medium sized demon, Know(planes) to ID, Perception checks for more info in the store]

What do you do?
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:23 am

"Demon! Ready yourselves for combat." Daveed calls out in Celestial.

(Perception: 1d20+9= 17
Initiative: 1d20= 18)

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:27 am

"Yes indeed. Now what have we got here..."

(Know: Planes: 13+6=19)
(Initiative:6+2=8)

"And.... it's.. an Abrikandilu. Wrecker demon. Lovely. Likes breaking stuff and giving people bite scars suffused with supernatural emo. Somebody show him a mirror, and he'll freak right the hell out."

(EDIT: Almost forgot: Pesrception: 15+5=20)
Last edited by littleangryman on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:46 am

( Init: 7+2 = 9 )
( Perception: 1+10 = 11 )
Epicette clearly wasn't looking in that direction and was caught startled by Daveed's call...
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:54 am

(Initiative: 1d20+4: 12)
(Perception: 1d20+9: 17 (19 vs Evil Outsiders, 18 vs Traps))
(Knowledge [Planes] vs Evil Outsiders: 1d20+9: 25)

"Clearly things only got worse while we were underground..."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”