Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Moderator: Squall255

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Re: Part 3: Amid the Ruins

Postby littleangryman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:02 am

Malorix does his best to help console his suffering brother along with the others, with some focus on how little choice there was in the situation at hand.

Once the situation is resolved, he goes about trying to find a suit of masterwork full plate (yes, I realize this means 300 gp of loot debt will likely remain on the books. So be it.)

(EDIT: Forgot about that money from Mr. Gwerm. 2500-850 for that pearl= 1650. 1650+1500=3150, with no loot debt. All that means right now is no loot debt. Song and dance.)

Later, he answers Irabeth's call and listens to the old wizard speak. He frowns upon hearing Vorlesh mentioned, and even more upon hearing of her plans. "That's not good. I'll need until morning to refresh my magic, but otherwise we should hit that place as soon as possible."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:16 pm

"That is most distressing. I still think we should go to the Tower of Estrod first. We may find something there that could be useful for when we go to the Grey Garrison.

What do you think, Epi?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:13 pm

[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:08 pm

Epicette nodded towards Daveed : "The Kite may be ruined, but with most of the city under their control, it is their premier fortified position. I would agree with Daveed -- we should take down their outlying position first, both for information and to prevent reinforcements."

Turning back to Irabeth, Epicette remembers something and pulls the cultist chained shirt, the jeweled book of prayer to baphomet, and the note they found in the lair out and gives them to Irabeth: "We also found these from several cultists killed underground -- if anything, I don't think the Ivory Labyrinth cultists are as scattered as one would think. Aravashnial has more theories on the matter; I'd recommending talking to him further upon his arrival."
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:57 am

[Cernandlon finds all but the gloves of Disable Device]
[Malorix is able to find Mwk Fullplate, and is even able to get Ragthiel's symbol embossed on the front.]
[Scott give me a Diplomacy roll to console the others]

Irabeth sighs at the mention of Aravashnial "More of his theories. Well it seems that there may be some credence to this one at least." Quednys Orlun gives a small snort at the mention of Aravashnial's trademark wild theories.

Quednys turns towards Cernandlon at the mention of the wardstones. "That's why we'd be sending whoever goes with this." and he brings out a magic rod. "This is a Rod of Cancellation. With it we should be able to drain the wardstone's last vestige of power and sever it's tie to the field. At this point we've lost too many high level casters to rebuild the field so it's safer to destory it. So are you our infiltration team?" he finishes.

"We will use the rest of the crusaders to try some offensives elsewhere in the city to try to draw the enemies' attention. to try to give you more of an opening." Irabeth adds.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:12 am

"A strike team hits the Stronghold, while several other groups run interference... that's very smart. It should at least throw them into disarray, and should give us quite an opening." Daveed said, taking a pause to think deeply.

"If we should determine the location of the fragment at the Tower of Estrod, and we feel competent in continuing, should we do so? Or should we report back?"
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:02 pm

"If you're going to the tower of Estrod first, then please report back. If you don't want to make the full trek back, perhaps you could tie some intel to one of your familiars and use it's fast move speed to let us know when to strike." Quednys says.

"Oh I almost forgot, here is a little reward for checking out Nyrosian Manor for us. And use the second one to help you get supplies for your assault on the tower of Estrod." Irabeth says and hands each of you some coupons totaling 2000 gp per person (including Millorn) that say the holder can present to the Mendev Army to get paid when they show up. The merchants in Defender's Heart will accept the coupons as payment, as this is what most of the defenders have been using.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:44 pm

Before resting for the night... Epicette uses her remaining empty Lvl3 slot to prepare an Unseen Crafter spell and let it start working on the mwk outfit she's been planning.

( Craft check for progress : take10+9+2tools = 21 )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:16 pm

(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”