Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:41 pm

You are now back at Neathholm with 3 mongrelfolk prisoners. What do you do with them?
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:53 pm

After Daveed comes back up from the execution, Epicette apologizes to him with bit of shame in her countenance: "I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to go around your back... was just, I didn't want to raise a conflict, but couldn't stop worrying about it."

Once back in the village, while Daveed is dealing with the prisoners, Epicette gathers up Arash-long-ears, Anevia, and Gwerm. She shows them the note found from Hosilla, or more precisely she reads it to them since Arash- is still blind. She tell them they found four cultists in total, a mixture of Baphomet and Deskari worshippers, and gathered some more paraphernalia as proof for Arash-. Beyond that, they found a way to the surface, and will progress onwards tomorrow morning once everyone is fresh and rested for Kenabres' challenges.

Edit:
Epicette also asks Millorn what it costs to request his scroll-crafting services. Sor/wiz spells she's look for at the moment are, in order of need: Web, Reflective Disguise [SpC], Bestow Insight, See Invisibility, and Detect Thoughts.

Other misc things:
1. Selling loot marked for sale in first post.
2. Trying to learn that one spell I failed on (Diagnose Disease) a second time, after leveling up (Spellcraft 13+10=23).
3. Buying a lyre, lute, something string instrumenty... nonmasterwork (5gps).

Lastly, Epicette makes a lot of sashimi, sashimi kebabs, fish kebabs, fish soup, grilled fish, fish... you name it. Since there is a ton with two medium sized fish, we probably invite some townsfolk. (Cooking take10+11=21 makes masterwork fish!)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:01 pm

(After the execution)

Daveed places his hand on Epi's shoulder, and says, with a somewhat tired expression, "It's alright. I lost perspective, and you were right to speak up. Let us depart."

(Back at Neathholm)

Daveed takes the prisoners to Chief Sull.

"I have these three prisoners. They are not so corrupted as the other traitors, and with time and nurture from the community, they may yet again be proud Descendants." (Diplomacy: 1d20+11= 27).

Before departing after resting, Daveed goes to wherever the prisoners are being held, to visit Zieb.

"Here", Daveed says, handing him his Holy Text of Sarenrae, "Read these words, and learn them well. Within this text is your path to Redemption." He finished, before turning to the other prisoners.

"Follow the words as Zeib learns them, and you will also be spared the horrible fate that following Baphomet had in store for you. If you doubt me, think back on your time with Hosilla, and ask yourself whether that truly felt like the right path. Though many in the world above would deny it, there is a spark within each of you of the greatness that carried the First Crusade. Grab a hold of it, convict yourselves to it, and, Sarenrae willing, it will shine within you once more.

Go shining." He finishes.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:26 am

Malorix watches this exchange, and once Daveed is far enough away to not be overheard: "Well spoken, Daveed. You have quite the talent for oratory." He glances wistfully at the Descendant village. "I must say, this place gives me... comfort. They and I share much the same affliction, yet an entire community keeps true. Even their.... deviants are easily corrected." He takes a deep breath and smiles. "It does me good to see it. It really. does."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:29 pm

"They are living proof that Convictions are stronger than blood." Daveed replied, also taking a moment to look over Neathholm.

"Now, let's go see what Epi's been so excited about cooking."

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Marketplace results:

You are able to sell the weapons and armor for a total of 617gp
you sell the alchemist fire and the tanglefoot bag for 45gp total
the scroll of Identify sells for a nice 15gp
When you attempt to sell the gemstones, the merchant says that they are not worth as much as you believe they are worth and only offers you 110gp for them.

Epicette is able to find both a lute and a lyre.

Epicette is able to learn her spell, and the mongrelfolk shaman is able to learn her spells as well, completing their deal.

Millorn looks at Epicette with a raised eyebrow. "You want to pay a prisoner to cast a spell for you?" he asks "Has surface life grown that weak willed already? I can make you a scroll of Web in about 4 hours."

Meeting with Chief Sull:
"I knew Zeib as a child. I was sad to see him leave with the cultists. It was that damn brother of his. Thank you for saving him. As for the other two, I'm not so sure. We'll hold them in prison until this whole invasion thing is sorted out."

Meeting with the prisoners:
Zeib takes the scripture reverently and immediately begins reading through it. the other two prisoners look less than thrilled at the prospect of having to listen to sermons.

when the note is presented:
Anevia remarks that the information needs to be taken to the Eagle Watch.
Aravashnial wants to learn more about the Tower of Estrod's role in current events
Horgus Gwerm looks away and is silent about the news before saying "I don't care, I just wanna get back to my manor." (Roll sense motive people)

That night there is a grand feast prepared by Epicette and everyone enjoys the well prepared meal in preparation for their return to the surface in the morning.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:10 pm

Henric spends some time chatting with various casters about magic, before going off and meditating a bunch.

He's somewhat suspicious of Gwerm, but then he already was. (Sense Motive 1d20=19)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:32 am

Epicette sells the other stuff as offered but keeps the gems, as she expects to be able to use them during crafting. She does buy a classic lyre.

Epicette looks a little worried when hearing Millorn's response, and answers: "While I'm not exactly sure what your current status with us is, 'prisoner' doesn't describe it. If you wish to travel a different path, I don't really think any of us will stop you."
She offers Millorn the base 75gps to cover the material costs at least; but won't push it if he refuses. The scroll gets fed to Eclair next morning for breakfast before spell-prep.

(Sense Motive vs Gwerm: 17+9 = 26); she's not really worried.

Eclair and Reverie spends a good chunk of the night transferring spells to keep lists duplicated. Likely to sleep in backpack part of the day tomorrow.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:41 pm

(If Daveed happens to catch Epi's exchange with Millorn)
"Kindness is not weakness, Millorn, and you are not our prisoner. If you wish to go your own path, I will not stop you. However, if you threaten my comrades, the Descendants, or the Crusade, you will suffer no less than that Baphomite Inquisitor did. Though, I would recommend staying with us, Millorn. Fight with us, and I promise you, before the end, you will see that us surfacers are not so hopeless, and that there is strength in kindness and the companions that it brings. What say you?" (Diplomacy: 1d20+15= 33).

(Sense Motive vs. Gwerm: 1d20+8= 15)

Active Characters:

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:10 am

"Indeed. Whatever she's cooking, it smells delicious."

Later, the conversation over the note happens. Malorix raises an eyebrow over Gwerm's professed indifference. (14+9=21)

(EDIT having talked w/ Eric.) "Mr. Gwerm? This name.... Nyseria Manor, does that mean something to you?"

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:22 am

[first some housekeeping: loot from Bow mongrelfolk that no one ever looted: Giving it ID'd because the chance of 3 of you failing to hit 16 is sufficiently low.]
Mwk +3 Str Composite Longbow
2x Potion Cure Light Wounds (will sell at full price if selling)
Wand of longstrider (10 charges)
mwk chain shirt
20 arrows
5 +1 Arrows
120 gold
[end loot]

Gwerm looks up feebly and tries to turn away from Anevia a little before saying "Yeah, Kandro Nyserian borrowed a fair bit of money from me a few months ago to purchase a paladin's sword. I didn't think a whole lot of it at the time, but now it seems... worrysome."

Anevia lifts her head at that comment. "How many months ago exactly did you say?" she asks digging for a response.

Gwerm puts a lot of effort into adjusting his clothing and avoiding eye contact with the scout. "Three months ago now.." he lets out quietly.

Anevia: "That wouldn't have been Irabeth's sword would it?" she asks sharply, the fire reflecting in her eyes.

Gwerm: "it may have been." he says looking a little defeated. "I did charge a ridiculous interest on the loan. I figure'd he just wanted another wall ornament with a strong story attached to it. I didn't even expect him to take the offer at first."

Anevia glares at him but remains silent.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:31 am

Epicette shrugs and consoles Gwerm a bit: "It's not your fault. You can't have known he was working with the demons; hindsight is always twenty-twenty."

( adding the whole list to sales, since we haven't even used our current pots yet. )
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 am

"Where is this manor, anyway? From the sound of it, they're using it for relic collection, and we may want to put a stop to that in a hurry once we're up top."

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 am

Gwerm marks Nyserian Manor on your map of the city.
(|)
(|)

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:33 am

Millorn looks over at the exchanges and flinches with every word. It is clear that his paranoia is setting back in. With his actions today it's almost hard to remember how unstable he really is. He looks down at his dagger and spellbook as he approaches Epicette and Daveed. "We think we'd like to keep going with you on your trip to the surface. maybe find a purpose for the knowledge we've found. Right?" he asks looking at his dagger. "yeah. Besides we've learned about all we can from these... what did ye call them? Descenders?... whatever, without harassing them too much. Oh, Epicette, Rogar has that scroll you wanted made." he finishes opening his spellbook to a marked page that has a scroll sitting loosely on it and holding the book out to Epicette.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”