Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:51 am

Epicette tries the key she found earlier on the lockbox.

("Sheathed weapons and stone carvings adorn the walls" -- what kind of weapons? xD)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:02 am

The weapons on the walls are ornamental. Nothing that would be worth having in an actual fight.

Inside the lockbox you find a small leather pouch containing an assortment of gemstones, two magic scrolls, and a darkwood swordcase. Inside the case you find a breathtaking longsword that has a razor sharp blade and appears to be made of gold.

For finding Radiance and discovering the locations of the Cultist's Safe houses, you all gain 800 XP.

6400/9000
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:13 am

"Well, there's the sword mentioned."

Activating her Detect Magic, Epicette tries to identify things...
( Scroll1: 8+9=17 )
( Scroll2: 8+9=17 )
( Sword/swordcase: 11+9 = 20 )

( Appraise on gemstones: 18+4 = 22 )
( Appraise on swordcase: 11+4 = 15 )

EDIT:
After trying to scan it several times, Epicette hands the longsword over to Daveed: "You may want to try using it. It's so powerfully overenchanted I can't even tell what magic is on it exactly. Since this is probably the sword they mentioned in the message, I'm guessing it's a relic."

( stuff added to loot list. One is Bear's Endurance scroll, other I failed to ID and will ask someone once coming back out... )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:14 am

Cernandlon is presumably still tying up prisoners.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 am

"A longsword is not my weapon of choice, but if it will aid us in this fight, I will gladly bear it." He said, grasping Radiance's hilt.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:29 pm

When Daveed grabs the sword he is surrounded by a cocoon of bright golden light that emits a soothing feeling. After a second the light dissipates and Daveed is standing there holding a golden Scimitar, his armor appears to be a different set of golden chainmail and his shield is a single piece of reflective gold. The armor around his arms and legs appears to be covered in a soft fur. The sword emits light as a torch.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Reverently, Daveed kneels down, holding the blade before him, and states:

"I, Daveed Sunseeker, do hereby lay claim to this blade. I claim it in the name of Sarenrae, the people of Mendev, and the Crusades, and reaffirm my commitment to their protection. This, upon my honor, I swear."

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:45 pm

"Impressive," Epicette verbalized her expression as the paladin transformed before her eyes. Then, after his vows, "Celestia's a little more showy than I anticipated; think you could use any more gold?" she joked without really looking like it.

Epicette heads back to room H7 and heads down its southern door, searching as she goes.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:40 pm

"I suppose we make up for it with our demon-slaying tendencies." Daveed joked, following her out.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:28 pm

The southern door leads to a kitchen. There is a masterwork dagger that has been used as a cleaver sticking out of some meat.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:27 am

( Epicette finds a large ham in the kitchens and gives it to Daveed to munch on when he rejoins the others. )
( and swipes the dagger unless someone wants it... oh hey a cutco knife... )

Epicette returns to the rest of the group. "Nothing else, but we found the sword. Although, I can't seem to identify this..." she pulls out the un-ID'd scroll. "Bull's Strength for this one, if anyone wants it." She then tosses the rest of the loot back into the bags.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 am

(The ham was delicious).

Daveed heads back to H6, making sure that M1 is in tow.

"So, we have prisoners, and plenty of fight left in us. I see two ways we can approach this. One, we return to Neathlholm and drop off our prisoners, so that we may attack this lair once again unhindered. Or, two, we press ahead, in which case we must find some place or with some person to leave them. No, we are not executing them." He finishes, shooting Millorn down just as he was getting excited.

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:41 am

"How about barricading them in [H3] until we return, and ask Gwerm to keep watch outside if they try to push through?" Epicette commented in Celestial.
|

()

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:10 am

Henric takes a look at the scroll. He responds in Celestial as well, "I'm all for continuing - plenty of spells left. The only issue with leaving people behind is making sure they can get in touch with the rest of us if things start going south, which implies we really can't leave earshot."

Spellcraft: 1d20+9=13

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:09 am

Malorix's jaw drops as Daveed comes back to the group. "Daveed? What... what heppened to you? You're all.... shiny now...."

A moment later, he gets a hold of himself. "Ah... right.... scroll. Let's see..."

(Spellcraft: 13+6=19)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”