Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Moderator: Squall255

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Re: Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:59 am

While M1 is being questioned, Daveed moves next to M3, stowing his morningstar and withdrawing his scimitar.

"Find peace." he says, putting his blade through the mongrelman's heart.

(CDG: 2d6+6= 17)

(Assuming M1 flip's his shit).

"This one had drifted too far down the path of darkness, even going so far as to become a vessel for an evil god's power. The others may still be saved, however." Daveed finished. (Diplomacy: 1d20+11= 28)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:24 am

Epicette withdraws her hex at last, trusting the mongrelman's words. She loots the fallen enemies, especially H, hoping to find some more info. She focuses on the alive ones first so they'll be disarmed.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

littleangryman
The cake is a lie because I ate it.

Postby littleangryman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:25 am

"Very good. But you forgot a few things, most importantly what they were doing down here? Was it just recruitment, or were they up to something else?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:16 pm

(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:00 pm

After reading the note, Epicette takes a moment to stabilize H (Heal take10+5 = 15). She then hands the note to Daveed, as well as the Cure Moderate Wounds potion. "This is bad. We really need to get this information back up to Kenabres as soon as possible."

( shuffling entire loot list into party loot stash for now... will divide gold when selling... )
( Wand is Spiritual Weapon CL3 with 7 charges. Is Malorix interested? Otherwise marked for sale )
( I'm swiping the antitoxin )
( recommend Cernandlon take the invisibility pot, otherwise I will =P )

Epicette then sheaths her dagger and takes out her loaded crossbow. Muttering "let's see if there's any other info down here," she slips through the door to the next room, searching for traps (and treasures lol) as she goes [take10+11 as usual].
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:04 pm

Daveed shoots a stern glare towards Millorn, but otherwise doesn't indulge him.

(Barring serious objections, Daveed takes the Potion of Cure Moderate 'Wounds).

"Sir Cernandlon, we'll need your rope-binding skills down here once more." Daveed calls up the hole.
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Henric has been standing there lost in thought, mumbling to himself about Baphomet, clearly trying to distill a few useful facts about Baphomet.

(Knowledge[the planes]: 1d20+8=24)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:01 pm

(For when I actually get a chance to read the note, Know [Planes] to learn about Baphomet and Deskari: 1d20+8: 28 [1d20=20])
(I will take the Potion of Invisibility once I can)

"All right, but someone better come up here and make sure that this one doesn't break free," Cernandlon says as he climbs back down the ladder.

(DEX check to tie up M4: 1d20+3: 15)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:36 pm

map updated with Epicette's adventuring. as she enters the room she sees the following:
Three copper bowls filled with glowing coals hang from the ceiling of this long, natural cavern. The braziers fill the chamber with warmth and soft orange light. In the center of the chamber stands a block of stone that serves as a table, lined with wooden chairs. An enormous bloodstain, maybe a week old, darkens the stone’s surface.

Cernandlon secures the mongrelman while Millorn attempts to climb the rope ladder to see to the prisoner.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:02 pm

While the others figure out what to do with the prisoners, Epicette searches the room for any clues or traps or anything of interest [take10+11=21 as usual]. She then moves up through the northern door (M6).
|

()

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Malorix asks to see the note, and tries to extract meaning from its contents. (Know: Religion: 16+7=23; Know: the Planes: 13+5=18)

EDITS!: (Before everybody wanders off) "Ok... here's what I've got. (*copypastes*) on Baphomet:
Lord of the Minotaurs
also Labyrinths and beasts
Chaotic Evil
worshiped by Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth which is organized along family lines

and: on Deskari:
Lord of the Locust Host
Usher of the Apocalypse
Chaotic Evil
worshiped by Worms that Walk
Spends a lot of time in the Worldwound."

Malorix takes a deep breath and continues. "Also, it's worth noting that Deskari has tried this before. As some of you may know, he tried invading Golarion back in 4433, but got his ass kicked by Aroden. Now that Aroden is... no longer with us, the invasion's back on. So sayeth the exposition fairy."

"So.... does anyone know anything about the sword it mentions?"
Last edited by littleangryman on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:56 pm

"Mallorix, keep tabs in here. I'm going to go with Epi." He said, moving towards the next room. Then he stopped when he saw, M1.

"Show me where this woman (pointing to H), worked." He said, calmly.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:15 am

M1 shakingly gets to his feet, still wimpering. He stumbles towards the door to H7. "Sh...Sh...She took the... the... the Chieftian's ruh...room." he says as though the words are hard to form. "Right after she... she... sacrificed him on this table 3 days ago. The room.. on the left. he feebly points through the doorway to the left, indicating the door Epicette was moving towards.

Inside the room you see the following: A stone pedestal holds a copper brazier aloft in the center of this room. Against the western wall, an enormous pile of animal furs and thick quilts serves as a bed. Sheathed weapons and stone carvings adorn the walls. The eastern half of the room holds a wooden desk, beneath which stands a long, thin iron lockbox.

Epicette does not notice any traps on the lockbox.

Time for XP!
400 XP each. (5600/9000)
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:17 am

Daveed approaches the lockbox, and after looking it over, opens it.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:19 am

Daveed finds that the box is locked.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”