Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Moderator: Squall255

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Re: Part 2: Lair of the Vile and Vicious

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Cernandlon climbs back up the ladder to assist Gwerm.

(Assuming I have movement left, I'll move over to him and ready to fire on the unconscious mongrelman if it wakes up and takes any hostile action)
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:01 am

As Cernandlon climbs out of the pit he sees the Mongrelman come into full consciousness.

H takes a deep breath and then makes a line for the ladder. Daveed, Malorix, Henric and Epicette get AoO's (assuming that Henric and Epicette have melee threat)

I'll post the rest of the action after I determine if she survives the AoO's.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:10 am

(1d20+5= 24 (crit threat, 19 confirm); 2d8+14= 20)
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:13 am

Daveed's hit drops her and causes her to start bleeding out.

Epicette is up.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:23 am

Epicette moves up to P4. With a wary dagger in one hand, she readies a slumber hex against the remaining Mongrelman (M1), to be released if he does anything even remotely suspicious.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:30 am

Millorn cries out "none shall survive!" and unleashes a glob of acid at M1. Unfortunately (from his perspective at least) his aim is off and he shoots it over the mongrelman's head.

Combat order is now disbanded. However, please don't post more than 6-12 seconds worth of actions at a time.
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:49 am

Biting her lip and seeming conflicted, Epicette force out her comment in the Celestial tongue: "this is too many prisoners to take, we can't delay or they might set up another blockade like this."

Then, in Common to the mongrelman with both the dagger and hex still aimed at him: "how many more of you are in there!? and upstairs!? speak or the next steel will be down your eye socket!"

( Intimidate 20+1 = 21 )
( Epicette is going to look a little horrified she came up with such a line afterwards... )
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:57 am

"Millorn! Stand down!" Daveed demands, angrily.

(Daveed uses Detect Evil on the Mongrelmen in the room).

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Millorn grumbles "ANOTHER prisoner? How many of them do you need!" After he hear's Epicette's comment he calls to Daveed "How come SHE gets to have fun with him?"

the terrified mongrelman says "we were everyone down here. Upstairs there were 7 more descendants like me, the Gorlag's lizard which I guess you found, 2 more cultists and a few demons the cultists brought. I don't know how many. Please don't kill me!"
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:51 pm

"Who--- there's nothing fun about it!" Epicette shot back, looking somewhat shocked at what she just did while still under the adrenaline rush. Taking a breath, she slackened her stance some but still kept a firm readied watch on the mongrelman: "which cult? What were these cultists trying to achieve down here?"
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:39 pm

Daveed marches up to Millorn, getting right in his face, before responding, calmly, "We will take as many prisoners as we see fit. We are not here to kill everyone, and we certainly do not take joy from it. You would do well to remember that if we were so brazen as you Millorn, that you would not be standing next to me right now."

(Diplomacy: 1d20+11= 23)

After he finished, he took a deep breath before turning towards Epi and M1.

"Be easy with this one, Epi, he is not so corrupted as the others."

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:00 pm

Henric chimes in with "Can you describe these demons, while you're answering those other questions?"

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Millorn stares combatively at Daveed for a moment, then turns away to consider his words silently.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:58 pm

Malorix walks up next to Epi. "Indeed. If there's hope for me, there's hope for this fellow." He turns to the mongrelman. "Now, think carefully. These..." he catches sight of the enemy tiefling's corpse and a look of disgust briefly crosses his features. "...cultists... how and when did they come to you? And why did you agree to work with them?"

(Diplomacy if needed: 13+5=18)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:42 am

(note: 3 rounds has passed since Henric's spell)

the mongrelfolk is clearly very nervous still and shaking with fear. "They're with baff.. bapo... baphometh I think is how you say it? They showed up maybe a month ago. They said that an invasion was coming and there was no hope for anyone not on their side. That the demons were winning above." He looks over at the two unconsious mongrelfolk. "How much longer are they going to be out?" he asks.

[I recognize that not all of the questions have been answered. He may need to be reminded to answer them.]
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”