Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Zanaikin » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:10 pm

"Ah... I'm sure she's still managing fine up there. Crusaders being the hardiest and most reliable of folks after all... and if nothing else, all the duties that the Eagle Watch must attend to after an attack will keep her busy in Kenabres while awaiting your return." Epicette commented, with as much optimism as she could bring to her voice. Then, a bit sheepishly: "and sorry for bringing up worries," she also glanced at Daveed, "I don't know about commonality, I just haven't encountered it myself in the communities I grew up in so..." and trailed off with a shrug.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:41 am

Anivia wipes away a tear, pretending to brush her hair out of her eyes, and says "Don't worry about it. You couldn't know." and continues walking.

After another 10 minutes or so Lann singals a halt. "The cave ahead is rarely used anymore. it's become a den for some fungal creature called a Spore Cougher." (Know[dungeoneering or nature]). "With your help we should be able to handle it though. Besides, it could be hunting elsewhere."

as you peer into the cavern you see the following:
The tunnel opens into a circular cavern, roughly forty feet in diameter. Thick sheets of fungus grow in the cave, and several tunnels branch off. All of these save one in the north wall lead downward; the northern one leads upward. What appear to be
two dead bodies lie on the ground in the middle of the cave, next to a strange heap of ropy green fungus.

marching order and actions and Perception checks please.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:53 am

( Knowledge[nature] 10+9 = 19 )[to help things along, I'll share the info with rest of party so you can post directly]
( Perception 5+11 = 16 )
( Perception(Eclair) 11+9 = 20 )
( Perception(Reverie) 4+14 =18 )

Edit:
Epicette reaches up to give Eclair a quick pet and back rub while commenting: "Eclair believes the place is safe based on the smell of things, so the monster is probably off elsewhere. Nevertheless, we should be careful."

(I'm in the back with the NPCs, as usual =P)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Laharl » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:13 am

(Perception: 1d20+5=19)

Henric nods. "I don't see anything active either, but it's certainly not a pleasant sight."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:41 am

(Perception 10+4=14) "You sure Henric? I hope you're right."
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:42 am

(Perception: 1d20+8= 22)

"It does look like we're safe..."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:59 pm

(Perception: 1d20+7: 20 (21 vs Traps, 22 vs Evil Outsiders)
(Knowledge [Dungeoneering]: 1d20+6: 24)

Cernandlon follows 25' behind whoever goes in first, looking around for possible threats. "The dead bodies on the floor seem to suggest that this room is not safe."
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:19 pm

Daveed will proceed slowly into the cavern first, sword and shield at the ready. He asks that Sir Cernandlon and Henric remain about 15ft behind so as to support him if a scrum occurs.

Active Characters:

Squall255
Race: All of them
Class: Support

Postby Squall255 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Epicette remarks that the creature described is called a Basidirond and is weak to cold and produces a powerful hallucinogen. Cernandlon is able to ID the fungus mound as the creature and Daveed deciphers that the creature is dead.

Sense Motive checks and Knowledge Religion (indicate trained or untrained) please.

Laan: "thank the gods that the beast is dead. We should move on to our town."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Daveed kneels down next to the bodies to inspect them.

(Perception: 1d20+8= 15
Sense Motive: 1d20+6= 22
Know (Religion): 1d20+6= 25)
Last edited by Mr_Praetorian on Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Characters:

Sajuuk
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 pm

(Sense Motive: 1d20+4: 16 (18 vs Evil Outsiders))
(Knowledge [Religion]: 1d20+2: 14 [Untrained])

Cernandlon stays 15' behind Daveed as instructed, his bow drawn and an arrow at the ready as he keeps a ready eye watching for threats while Daveed inspects the bodies.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 pm

A few moments of Daveed looking over the bodies go by before he suddenly stops, eyes with shock. He then lifts a small brass charm from the grasp of one of the fallen soldiers.

"Malorix!" He shouts back at the group. "I think these men were the demonic infiltrators we were warned about!"

Active Characters:

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:44 pm

( Sense Motive 12+7 = 19 )
( Know[Religion] 6+4 = 10 untrained )

Edit:
"At least they did something worthy with their dying breathes then," Epicette commented, eyeing the dead monster.
|

()

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 am

(Sense Motive: 1d20=9 untrained; Knowledge[religion]: 1d20+2=11 untrained)

Henric is glad that other people know about these things.

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:46 am

(Sense motive: 13+7=20; know religion trained: 18+7=25) "I bet. It's never the obvious ones. Here, let me have a closer look."

(EDIT now that I've gotten in touch with Eric) "Yeah, that's Baphomet's unholy symbol all right. Scratch two demonic spies. Nice of them and the 'Spore Cougher' to kill each other for us."

(second edit)"Wait a minute... spores?" Perception 16+4=20, trying to determine if they're just dead bodies, or are about to sprout new plant monsters and attack us.
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”