Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:47 am

"Well how else am I supposed to gather data?" Millorn asks gruffly as he drops his arms to his side and wanders over to hear Lann's raspy voice and stare at Crel. While it's clear that there is no malice in the dwarf, his darting eyes and look of concentration are a little unsettling. Although it is definitely better than him leaping at every shadow and rock formation.

Lann, seemingly unimpressed by the dwarf, suggests "There will be plenty of time to talk while we make our way back to the town. Let us depart. I'd be happy to answer questions along the way, and the conversation will help the time pass."
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:57 am

"You gather data by treating others like fellow beings, or would you feel great if we started prodding you like a captive animal, subject of experimentation?" Epicette said to the dwarf, her tone heavy with contempt intermixed with apathy.

(I also re-ask Lann Anevia's question if he forgets about it =P)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:00 am

"Surely, let us depart."
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Squall255 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:15 am

Millorn seems to have a thought, opens his mouth, looks to Daveed, and thinks better of it, and merely harumphs.

(assuming no objections to moving out)
Lann leads the group into one of the half dozen other caves that branches off of the watchtower's cavern.

he places himself near to Anevia and Epicette while Crel and Dyra stay together near Daveed. Millorn tries to keep within a good view of at least one of the mongrelfolk at all times but otherwise hangs back with Henric. Aravashnial asks Cernandlon to guide him for a while so that they could catch up on old times. Gwerm looks to Malorix and says "Guess you and I get to walk together for this part Cleric." using the term almost as an honorific.

As the walk starts Lann states that the town is based on an underground lake that they use to grow some mushrooms and cultivate some seaweed. Occasionally fish or crabs will wander into the lake from whatever underground rivers feed into it. Those are usually saved for holidays or feasts.

Millorn tries to strike up a conversation with Henric about transmutation and the mongrelfolk (Know Arcana or Spellcraft check if you engage him)

[Note: if I'm posting too fast please let me know and I will slow down to 1 or 2 a day. I'm not trying to cut anyone out of the game.]
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:27 am

Cernandlon spends his time guiding Aravashnial through the tunnels as he brings him up to speed on the recent happenings in Kyonin. While they talk, he seeks to find out what Aravashnial has been up to since he departed the elven homeland.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:08 am

"Yes, Mr. Gwerm, indeed we do." They walk for a bit. "Say, Mr. Gwerm, simply out of curiosity, are you originally from Mendev, or did you arrive here from elsewhere?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:28 pm

Before leaving, Epicette requests a moment to examine Crel to make sure he's okay (Heal take10+6 = 16) -- he did get buried by rocks after all. If it's just minor scrapes and such, she gets him some bandages. But if he has any notable damage beyond mere scrapes, she also pops a Healing hex on him.

Epicette reluctantly asks again: "So Mister Lann, uh, pardon my curiosity but... wouldn't it be much easier to say, move out into the wilderness, where there is an abundance to hunt and harvest, than to force yourselves to stay underneath the city?"

If the three ever grows silently for one minute too many, Epicette tries awkwardly to strike up a conversation with Anevia by overpolitely asking if she's a border scout -- she doesn't seem the crusader type, is likely a resident given her quarrel with Gwerm, and seems to used to injuries and painful situations.
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Daveed focuses on keeping watching ahead.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:40 am

Lann responds "when our parents fled, they werent looking for somewhere to hide out temporarily. They wanted somewhere to build that we wouldn't have to keep constantly concealed. In the wilderness we would be discovered after a generation or two and have to move again."

Aravashnial says that he came across an organization working to rid the worldwound of the demons and that he has spent his last two years doing various missions for them in the Worldwound. He's been supporting himself by creating magic items and casting spells for hire. the rest of your chat is him describing some of the adventures he got up to while in the worldwound.

Gwerm decides that answering the question is better than walking in silence. "I'm from Mendev, born and raised. From our estate in the east, just outside Egede."
(|)
(|)

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:40 pm

Henric tries to follow Millorn's rambling - transfiguration isn't his preferred school and the dwarf is none too sane, but it beats silence. Probably.

(Spellcraft: 1d20+9=16, Know[arcana]: 1d20+7=8)

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:40 am

Malorix nods. "Alright, simply curious. Thank you."
(Not that it's all that important, but just to see if he's telling the truth here, Sense Motive 12+7=19)
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Henric is able to follow the general points of the discussion, and steers the conversation to a general overview of different casting methods, including stances for different schools, intonation, and daily exercises to make somatic components easier. Twice during the conversation the dwarf mentions alternate energies to draw from but it just goes over Henric's head.

as far as Malorix can tell Gwerm is telling the truth.

Anevia asks Lann about their holidays and how they tell time down here underground, which has a simple enough answer, if not an entirely helpful one of "our Chieftain declares when it's a new day. I don't know how he keeps track of it but he signals for lights out." He goes on to mention the holidays they celebrate, which are the same that you celebrate on the surface with one or two extra and 2 more omitted. The walk goes on for another 10 minutes before Epicette asks Anevia about her job.

"I volunteer at the Temple of Iomaedae mostly. My wife is a member of the Eagle Watch so I help prepare bandages and meals for the sick and wounded that they bring back. Occasionally I take scouting trips for the Temple along the river into the worldwound. those happen about once every 1 or 2 months."
(|)
(|)

Zanaikin
Tsunshun

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:17 pm

"Wife?" Epicette spoke out in surprise before she could catch herself, her expression a mixture of unexpected shock and intrigued curiosity.
|

()

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 am

"'It's not so uncommon as many believe, Epi." Daveed answered from the head of the formation.

Active Characters:

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:55 pm

"Yes, the people of Kenabres seem to be fine with it." Anevia says as her voice gets a little quieter. "I hope she's alright up there. She was devastated when she found out that she'd lost her parents during the last crusade... If I wasn't there she would have stormed into the World Wound and wouldn't have come back until she had slain every demon in that wretched place." she says trying to feign a smile and then stumbles over a rock in the path, catching herself with her cane.
(|)
(|)

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”