Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Moderator: Squall255

Squall255
The cake is a lie because I ate it.
Race: All of them
Class: Support
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:55 pm

As you slowly regain consciousness, you realize that your arms, legs, and back hurt, probably some bruises. You're lying on a rough stone surface, you cough up some dust that seems to be chocking whatever room you're in. You hear some rocks clattering and coming to a rest behind you, as some moans of pain can be heard back near the rocks. As you open your eyes, you realize that you're reliant on your Darkvision to see. You shake your head as you cough up another cloud of dust and try to remember how you got here. As you get your breathing under control and gather enough strength to sit up and look around it comes back to you.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1107: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Part 1: The Fall of Kenabres

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:00 pm

Armasse officially began at noon, with the blessing of the festival by Lord Hulrun himself, ruler of Kenabres. The crowd gathered in Clydwell Plaza quieted as the aged inquisitor took the stage, clad in shining, resplendent armor. He cleared his throat, but just as he was about to speak, a bright light shone from the west, as if the sun were rising from the wrong direction. Hulrun’s shadow fell huge and distorted across the cathedral’s facade. A moment later, the sound of a thunderous explosion ripped through the air and earth, along with a violent tremor.

To the west, the fortress known as the Kite—the location of Kenabres’s wardstone—had vanished. In its place, a brilliant plume of red fire, lightning, and smoke erupted into the heavens. Cernandlon drew his bow and began looking for whoever was responsible.

A moment later, a powerful roar accompanied a welcome sight rising from the crowd—Kenabres’s greatest guardian, the ancient silver dragon Terendelev, who had until that moment been attending the opening ceremony disguised as a human. Above, another form appeared, as nightmarish as the dragon was breathtaking. A humanoid shape three times the size of any man, with skin coated in fire and lightning, gripped a flaming sword and whip. The creature’s identity was immediately obvious: Khorramzadeh, the Storm King of the Worldwound, had come to Kenabres!

Realizing the threat to the citizens, Daveed hurries to get the gathered crowd out of the town center to saftey.

As the ground continued to shake and disgorge demons into the streets, the dragon and the balor lord clashed above. Malorix quickly drew his Bastard Sword and Holy symbol and began holding the demons back to give citizens a chance to escape. The fight was over in a few harrowing moments, as the balor cut deep into Terendelev’s body, swooping down to strike the dragon and arresting her charge. A few more blows, and the titanic duo spiraled downward toward the crowd.

The sight of the dragon smashing into the facade of the Cathedral of St. Clydwell is one no witness would ever forget. Fortunately for many citizens, Henric wasn't frozen in awe like the rest of them. He quickly unleased a barrage of acid to keep the falling chunks of the cathedral from crushing nearby citizens. At that moment, a titanic demon erupted at the far end of the plaza, reducing several buildings to ruins as it smashed into this world. Fortunately for many citizens, Henric wasn't frozen in awe like the rest of them. He quickly unleased a barrage of acid to keep the falling chunks of the buildings from crushing nearby citizens.The rift it created shot across the plaza, and this time there was no escape—it opened below your feet, angling away into darkness.

Even as you fell, the dragon noticed your plight. Though she saw death standing over her, she seized this final chance to save a few more souls. After she uttered a few arcane words and stretched out a bleeding talon, you felt her magic take hold of you, slowing your plummet into the darkness as if you were feathers falling into a pit. Epicette was barely able to get a hold of Eclair as the spell was completed. Yet the fall remained as inexorable, and as you drifted downward into the depths, the last thing you saw was the Storm King standing before the ancient silver dragon, his sword lashing out and cleaving full through her neck. As her severed head fell, the rift above you slammed shut, and the light of the world above was gone.
(|)
(|)

Look! He's a brainless, life-sucking god of death. At sunrise he'll vanish like a bad dream. ~Jigo (Princess Mononoke)

<Tal> Our chem teacher said it didn't really matter how we titled the graphs and tables in our semester prac
<Tal> but i still lost marks for having a Table of +2 Undead Slaying and Graph of Destiny :(

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:07 pm

As you take note of your surroundings, the wall of rubble behind you informs you of how close you came to death. There are 8 of you alive in total, though 2 of the survivors seem to have some form of serious injury.

Survivors:
the party
the other 3 are still unconsious:
Human Female wearing leather armor
Elf Male wearing the robes of a Riftwarden
Human Male wearing the clothes of a noble.

The cavern you find yourselves in isextends about 50ft to the left and right with you awakening on the western wall. The ceiling and far walls of this vast cavern recede into darkness. On one side, the wall has collapsed in an enormous mound of rubble—here and there the arms or legs of victims who didn’t survive the fall protrude. In the back of the cavern (about 40 ft. away), a disturbing shape looms. Nearly the size of a horse, what appears to be an immense black spider crouches silent and still on the ground.

Items you left back in your rooms because you were at a celebration:
Daveed:
Sun Rods, Javalins, Bedroll, Shaving Kit,4 days Trail Rations (still have 1 on you)

Malorix:
Bedroll, 3 days Trail Rations

Epicette:
Bedroll, Blanket, sewing Needle, Soap, Shaving Kit, Artisans Tools

Cernandlon:
3 days Trail Rations, Betroll, Blanket, rope, Artisans Tools, all but 30 arrows (your choice which ones you were bringing with you to compete with)

Henric:
Bedroll, Blanket, rope, 1 day rations

no one has any damage, give me actions and perception checks.
(|)
(|)

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:49 pm

(Perception: 1d20+8= 22)

Daveed pushes himself up from the ground cautiously, still coughing through a cloud of dust as his eyes scan the room, before falling on the large arachnid cross from him.

"Those of you with the will to stand, take heart, for we are not alone." He says, drawing his sword.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Overlord of the Netherworld
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:52 pm

(Perception: 1d20+4=23)

Henric shoves himself to his feet, hacking and coughing, before he spots the spider. "OH HEY. That looks unpleasant."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Mr_Praetorian
High Lord of Ham
Race: Paragon Gelatinous Cube
Class: The Classiest

Postby Mr_Praetorian » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:00 am

"No, false alarm. It's dead. But something... inside it isn'?" Daveed replied, scanning the rest of the room occasionally.
You! Your character's build displeases me! Come to the boards for nerfing!

Active Characters:

Laharl
Race: Demon
Class: Tennis Player 4/Geek 5/Software Simian 2

Postby Laharl » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 am

"Yes, I hear it too. Also, it's unpleasant whether it's alive or dead."

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,
Over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot xxx galore',
While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour,
"'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!
...quoth the server, 404.-Bash.org

Zanaikin
Tsunshun
Race: Tofu
Class: Strategist 5/Worldforger 3/SW Engineer 5

Postby Zanaikin » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:32 am

(Perception check: 14+5 = 19)

Without saying anything, Epicette steps over to the best spot in between the three unconscious people and examines them on their condition. If anyone is still bleeding she'll apply first aid.

(Heal: 12+5 = 17)
|

()

"Hurrah, Warsaw's ours!" / "Hurrah, Field Marshal!" - Battle report & promotion notice between Alexander Suvorov & Catherine the Great

Sajuuk
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Nerd King of the Frozen North
Race: Shadow Creature/Progenitor/College Graduate/Nerd
Class: Geek 4/CodeMonkey 2/HardwareWiz 4/BasketballManager 4/WindowsAdmin 4/Root 2/ChaosIncarnate 1

Postby Sajuuk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:39 am

Cernandalon hauls himself to his feet and already had an arrow drawn before it was announced that the spider in the room was dead. He had just started looking for Aravashnial in the crowds assembled for Armasse when the attack began, and he grumbled about leaving most of his ammunition in his room. "Is everyone okay?" he asks, putting the arrow back in his quiver as he takes stock of his surroundings.
[PCs Currently At - Sailing The High Seas]
TODAY: Arodus 28, 4711
PARTY BUFFS ACTIVE: None

"No matter how difficult or absurd you make a puzzle, your players will find an even more impossible and preposterous way of solving it." - http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=680
Titles: He Whose Hand Shapes What Is, Epic Destroyer of Loot, Creator of the Elemental Plane of Bishoujos.

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:55 am

No one is bleeding, but the female human is moderately well injured (25-50% HP) and has a severly broken leg (multiple fractures, though no bone is sticking out)

The Male Elf is in much worse (<10% HP) and has severe burns on his face especially around his eyes.

The Male Human seems to be uninjured.

Cernandlon feels a chill as he realizes that he was able to find Aravashnial after all.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:04 am

(Perception 12+3=15)

Malorix shoves a large rock off his back and coughs. "Ow... yeah, I'm... I'm fine. Who needs healing?" He catches sight of the spider "And is that still dangerous?"
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently determined fool."-someone

"Man up or I'll beat you with my Peace Prize!" - Switzerland (Hetalia)

"ERROR!!!!!" -warforged barabrian

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Iron Gods battle map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 am

Malorix notices that the spider is dead, but also notices the squirming that seems to be happening inside the body. As he looks around he notices Epicette and the 2 unconscious members of the group.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:14 am

Malorix concludes that whatever's in that spider his highly unlikely to be friendly and decides that the immediate priority is to prevent further losses. He therefore casts Cure Light Wounds on the unknown elf. (5 hp restored)

"Me, I'm dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly." - Captain Jack Sparrow

"And now... let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." -Albus Dumbledore

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Squall255

Postby Squall255 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:16 am

some of the burns around the elf's face recede a little, and a little color returns to the battered elf's face.

(healing was fully effective, but still <25% HP)

Cernandlon feels a twing of concern as he sees a Tiefling climb over to his injured mentor.

now that the party has all stood up, feel free to take actions, we aren't in combat yet.
(|)
(|)

littleangryman

Postby littleangryman » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:30 am

"Ok, now that he's not dying... " Malorix channels energy for more widespread healing. (6 hp for everyone within 30')

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Worldwound Incursion”